Go Bottom Go Bottom

A very cool web site

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-27          119935

Check out the man lift, the clamp-on mirrors and the debris and logging forks.

Link:   Paynes Forks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

A very cool web site

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-27          119939

Very cool. You must have stayed up late to find this site. You need to post the link on the wheel jack stand post in trailers. ....

A very cool web site

View my Photos
Chief

2005-11-27          119940

Seems like a good idea but I wonder yow much stress the mounting puts on the bucket cutting edge. I would be concerned that the bucket could be bent. ....

A very cool web site

View my Photos
Mikef54
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-27          119944

Take a look at these, I imagine the chains would take a great amount of stress off of the cutting edge. These are what I was going to get for my old JD 755. Mike.

http://www.brbucketforks.com/ ....

A very cool web site

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-11-27          119947

Cool stuff! I've been wanting a bucket receiver hitch for maneuvering the chipper in tight areas, so maybe I'll order one and give it a try. The man-lift is cool but they say 2000 lb loader lift capacity is required. ....

A very cool web site

View my Photos
44trxfun

2005-11-27          119951

I got a set of the light-duty forks. I think I paid $270 for them--kinda steep but since I don't weld, beats the heck out of nothing. I've used them to move a wood stove (see pic 8), implements in and out of a pickup, and numerous brush piles and small logs. Haven't had any problem with the bucket edge so far. ....

A very cool web site

View my Photos
Murf

2005-11-28          119976

The clip on mirrors and brush forks look really handy.

The man-lift looks pretty scary though, aside from the risk to anyone IN the basket, putting that much load, that far up and that far out on a FEL of anything without considerable heft and fixed rear stabilizers would scare the begeesus out of any SANE operator.

Best of luck. ....

A very cool web site

View my Photos
kthompson

2005-11-28          119986

I don't have a fel but understand Murf's thought on the basket for a person. Try a manlift (one brand) for ride you may not forget.

There was a picture on the basket with bags in it for testing I assume. If you were going to use one you should be sure to fully test it with more weight then the person in the basket and all they would have in there with them. Depending on what they are doing they could be adding weight when in the air such as taking down something already mounting, adding more weight than you thought and possibly tipping.

You would never drive with a person in a raise basket unless you were on very solid and level and clear surface.

I have a friend that had a friend jump/fall out of fel years ago. Big insurance claim, both ankels crushed and problems still years later.

For years I worked for a company that mfg cranes with the option of personal bucket. Scary testing 70 feet in air. But, the bucket with about 500 pound load was way under safe limit on those units and the flex was unreal (to me any way). ....

A very cool web site

View my Photos
kubotaguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-28          119989

I bought a set of the light duty ones. They arrived very quickly and are quite handy. I too was concerned about the cutting edge but the way they are designed it doesn't really stress the cutting edge. I've moved 3 railroad ties that were in pretty good shape and weighed about 200 to 250 lbs each. It does feel a little weired with weight that far out and that wide.
On another note I went to pick up a large stack of industrial pipe and the FEL wouldn't lift it and nothing was bent so it seems as long as you don't rip and tear it won't hurt the bucket. They are well worth the money. ....

A very cool web site

View my Photos
drcjv.

2005-11-30          120100

Check out my picture 18 I have been using these chain on forks for over three years with no problems. They only cost $235.00. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login