Go Bottom Go Bottom

cure for leg cramps

View my Photos
Carldarnell
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-08-20          133518

I was reading a post on this site I think about some work some members were doing on their summer home/camp. There was a mention of some supplement he took to eliminate leg cramps. I tried to find it again and could not find it.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

cure for leg cramps

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-08-20          133519

Calcium and potassium. My dad used to get leg cramps all the time and these supplements helped him a lot. ....

cure for leg cramps

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-08-20          133522

Those are the minerals you usually lose through sweat hence sports drinks contain them to cut down on cramping. Drinkiung water is nice, but just replaces fluid, not the needed minerals you lose. ....

cure for leg cramps

View my Photos
Carldarnell

2006-08-20          133524

I take those and they haven't helped much. ....

cure for leg cramps

View my Photos
dsg

2006-08-21          133562

My neighbor takes Quinine pills for cramps. He says he can also drink tonic water which has Quinine in it.

David ....

cure for leg cramps

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-08-22          133567

Just started with the Quinine pills and they have helped me after four nights of using them. Taste terrible. I also find orange juice is best for drinking when sweated out.

Some things I have heard people using have to be taken in such high dosages it concerned my doc.

In a surgeon's office a while back, he had a sign up that leg cramps could be a sign of vessel disease 5 years before it showed. Could be off on the wording here but it was a serious warning. ....

cure for leg cramps

View my Photos
Murf

2006-08-22          133570

Sounds like if you put your feet up every evening for a few hours before turning in, and took several glasses of Tonic Water, with a little Gin mixed in it, the botanicals in it does wonders, you might not have any problems with leg cramps.

Either that or you'd sleep so soundly you wouldn't care or notice them.

Best of luck. ....

cure for leg cramps

View my Photos
AnnBrush

2006-08-22          133579

Not to mention the fact that you would also be immune to malaria - now there is a reason to drink! ....

cure for leg cramps

View my Photos
DenisS

2006-08-22          133580

KT is absolutely right, you need to get your cardiovascular parameters checked out, the sooner the better. It's one of those things that don't bother you too much until it's too late. ....

cure for leg cramps

View my Photos
yooperpete

2006-08-22          133587

I agree, you should get it checked out!

That is a sign of poor blood flow that leads to amputitis. Nerve damage can also give similar discomfort that is permanent from a vitamin C deficiency. Are you legs or heels either cold feeling by touch or your body telling you that they feel hot?

Eat banannas, drink orange juice and don't lock you knees when resting them in an elevated situation. If you drive allot, take your billfold out of your rear pocket.

I'm not much for taking pills unless you have to, the long term side affects are generally worse than the original problem.

Dr. Yooper ....

cure for leg cramps

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-08-23          133622

You may be aware there is something called restless leg syndrome. It shows up as leg twitching. I think it may also produce leg cramps to some degree. There is a new mediction being advertised for the RLS. Have no idea the name of it.

cure for leg cramps

View my Photos
Peters

2006-08-23          133628

I suspect that RLS is a bit like ADS. You chock yourself full of chemicals and then take other chemicals to releave the symptoms and the drug company is there to cash in. You take a young person and give them piles of sugar and then wonder why they are bouncing off the walls. You take piles of caffine during the day and then wonder why you can not slow down at night. These are just of a few of the chemicals concentrated in our foods today.

Grapefruit juice is high in K (potassium)and lower in sugar, if unsweaten. On a hot day it is probably better for you to replace your electrolytes.
If you are taking calcium you need to make sure it is a dissolvable form or it just passes through you. The colloidal minerals are have better absorbtion.

cure for leg cramps

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-08-23          133635

Peters,
I suspect that RLS is a bit like ADS.

Not picking on you but do you mean A"I"DS? If not, what is ADS?

I do agree there are very few if any medication that has no harmful side efffects. Well maybe the one you don't take.

cure for leg cramps

View my Photos
Peters

2006-08-23          133637

Ken;
ADS is attention deficit syndrome I think. Also known as ADD. One of the kids in my Sunday School class was diagnosed with something like 25 years ago it before they had labeled it. His mom determined he had food alergies to sugar and other things. You gave him a little sugar he basically went into a trace or was bouncing off the walls. Needless to say she restricted his diet. He finished University thanks to his mom.
The drug companies are trying to get ADD suffers prescribed with Methylphenidate (Ritalin) or some other drug rather than restricting their diet. ....

cure for leg cramps

View my Photos
Billy

2006-08-23          133642

Peters, The drug companies aren't trying to get Ritalin prescribe to ADD sufferers, they succeeded in doing that years ago.

The sad thing is a lot of teachers are encouraging it.

cure for leg cramps

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-08-24          133652

Peters,

Thanks, I really could onlt think of business "ADS" when I read that. Just paid for one.

Billy and Peters,

Sadly you are correct on the ADD or ADS. A lot of it comes from the idea that all children have the same level of learning ability and therefore the schools much teach at the lower or slower child's speed. What happens then is the children who are able (smarter) to learn faster get BORED and that leads to activty. So it is easier for the faster learners to be controlled. Makes you think of Hilter. Another political correctness side effect that is destroying us.

cure for leg cramps

View my Photos
DenisS

2006-08-24          133656

Our schools are screwed up and we all know it. Home schooling anyone?

First Period: Tractors 101 - Structure and Function.
Second Period: Tractors 102 - colloquium: Green or Orange?
Third Period: Tractors 103 - Practicum: Beginner's Operation

cure for leg cramps

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-08-24          133660

DenisS,

Can not wait for recess to hit the playground! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login