Go Bottom Go Bottom

Flatulent gifts human and dog based

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-30          101304

Don't you hate it when you are mindig your own business at work and someone leaves a "present" in the elevator for the next unsuspecting rider?

A real problem. Also trying to lighten up the mood.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kubotaguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-30          101306

What's worse is when someone leaves the "present" when the elevator is full!!! Our building is non-smoking so all the smokers have to go outside. Then when you get on the elevator it smells as if someone has put a fireplace in the elevator using cigarettes for wood. It is awful. ....

View my Photos
Ducati996
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-30          101319

I think would take the stairs from now on, it sounds healthier and safer :)

Ducati ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-11-30          101335

Are we talking about (in Star Trek terms) a gaseous anomaly? ....

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-12-01          101385

yeah, i guess, its almost like the ole flaming bag of poop on the doorstep...and its always bad when you're in a bar and the person sitting next to you lets one go and blames it on you...that is a definate cause for violence ....

View my Photos
Iowafun

2004-12-06          101707

Yes, talking gaseous anomoly. Definitely fun for the whole family!

Too bad the I was the one that left the present. I forgot about it until I hopped the same elevator again a few minutes later.

At least it's not as bad as my dog. He cleared the room once. That was really foul. Never did figure out what he ate that day... ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2004-12-06          101711

For my Chocolate Lab eating deer guts seems to be at the top of good gas ingredients. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-12-06          101714

Deputy Dog is a hunter, bred all the way through, loves nothing more, h-u-n-t-e-r, period.

The problem? Anything that moves is fair game, now sometimes that entertaining, like when he chases the missus when she runs for the phone (I wonder who taught him that? LOL), but it becomes problematic when the only thing moving is house flies.

He will climb up onto the back of the sofa and do his best impression of olympic divers to snatch a fly from mid-air.

Then for some genetically defective reason, he feels merely killing the little buggers is not enough, he has to eat them to make the hunter/prey cycle complete.

Now, when I was a kid our family always had boxers, big ones, 100+ pounders, but let me tell you, they can't hold a candle to the odiferous capabilities of a 25 pound Jack Russell who's been eating house flies. ....

View my Photos
beagle

2004-12-06          101716

As long as we are talking about nasty, and I only bring it up because it looks like we are, is anyone else familiar with "beagle butt". It isn't a flatulation that disperses with time, it's a very foul odor that is trapped in some gland at the business end of the dog. The only way it is taken care of is by the dog dragging said business end along a rough surface. Carpeting is the surface of choice, left un-supervised.

Now that's nasty. ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-12-06          101729

My cousin is one of those types that enjoys watching others suffer in some way or anouther. He is also the type that no matter when or where will not hold back his gas. His gas resembles the odor of a stink bomb...it makes your eyes water! There have been many occasion's where there would be a full load of guys traveling in his SUV & he'll typically pass gas then hit the window lock button! To his luck we are usually on the highway when it happens. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-12-07          101746

Beagle, that is one of the musk glands, in their wild state dogs used it to mark their territory. If your beagles are doing this on a regular basis it is because of their diet, check with a veterinarian, if they tell you there is nothing that can be done about, find a new veterinarian.

Grass, Deputy Dog does that on a regular basis, usually it is when he is sitting on my wife's lap, then all of a sudden she notices that her leg is VERY warm, and he bails for the back seat, unlike the character 'Fat Bastard' in the Austin Powers movies, he does NOT like his own brand.

It's up to me however to hit the window lock button or not.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
beagle

2004-12-07          101759

We've owned, raised, and breed beagles for over 25 years. We are quite aware of what causes this, just didn't want make the assumption everyone did.

We have an excellent Vet.

Their diet is a different issue, depending on who is visiting at the time, and/or what they dug up that day. ....

View my Photos
bobkro32

2004-12-07          101762

Beagle--

The "Beagle butt" problem you cite is, I think, caused by the dog's anal glands, located on either side of the rectum, becoming full of fluid/material. The dog drags his hind end in order to scratch/relieve the discomfort. The accepted technique for humans to releive the pain is to "express" the glands. Now, that's a really fun job.

Suggest you check with your vet to ensure I'm not confused, and to learn the ins and outs of helping your dog "express himself."

Lucky you.

b ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-12-07          101764

Murf - ROTFLMAO!!! ....

View my Photos
beagle

2004-12-07          101770

We "express" the glands ourselves when needed. If you have ever done it, you know it isn't a task to look forwrd to. I should say my wife "expresses" the glands as necessary, if we can get to it before they take care of business themselves. I don't have the stomach for it. It took me three diapers to change one. ....

View my Photos
Iowafun

2004-12-09          101970

I can't express how glad I am my dogs don't have that gland problem. Worst stuff is when my male lab broke into my mom's container of dog biscuits after she had filled it full. He and another ate 75% of the bin which was about 5 lbs when full. Cleaning that foul smelling upchuck at 11:30 at night was no picnic.

The lab occasionally pinches a loaf on the linoleum. Pretty much only when he forgets to go because he got distracted by something. Not hard to do as he's fairly um... well... he's not the brightest student on the special bus. Great dog, but dumb as a rock. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2012-02-10          182372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf | view 101714
Deputy Dog is a hunter, bred all the way through, loves nothing more, h-u-n-t-e-r, period.The problem? Anything that moves is fair game.....

Murf did you see the Jack Russell on Jay Leno used as a predictor of the Super Bowl winner. Video below ....

Link:   Jack Russell on the attack

View my Photos
Murf

2012-02-10          182375

A friend emailed it to me.

Apparently he was in stitches watching because of what my Deputy Dog did a few years back. My friend had bought a new place that included a barn that was pretty infested with mice and Norway rats.

I offered to bring my two Jacks over to cure the problem, he was skeptical, until he saw how frantic they got at the mere scent of the place. Just like that one was doing in the ladys arms.

The two of them went nuts darting to & fro often dispatching rodents at a full run without even breaking stride.

He just stood there with his mouth hanging open, speechless at the scene unfolding in front of him.

Unfortunately the little bugger has a problem judging size, he took on a wild hog in Florida last week. :)

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
jobone

2017-04-26          196600

I have always fed my dogs dry food. Gas can be a sign of digestive issues with the dogs food. My dogs get real loose from Blue Buffalo products for example.

So many dry dog food brands are really only marketing companies they DO NOT MANUFACTURE anything but job it out to anywhere and anyone to make. May not even have trials on digestibility.

I had been feeding Purina Pro Plan Large Breed owned by Nestle, until the vet noticed too much plaque on my one year old dog. I researched corn and found that even in humans it can be a source of plaque build up.

I changed to Purina Pro Plan Grain Free Duck which costs about $2 pound. Along with giving him Nylabone Plaque problem gone.

Decided might be good to rotate him to another product, tried Royal Canin owned by M&M candy. Crazy large kibble, actually smells great might try some. But he gets some serious flatulents from this stuff but has good stools. Royal Canin does have corn though.

So did some further research and found that Merrick started as a highly principled dry food manufacturer. Now owned by Nestle since 2015. Nestle says they are leaving Merrick operations and management in tack. Anyway still migrating from Royal Canin to Merrick Grain Free Duck. on day 10 with 50 % new food very slow migration. Gas does not seem to be problem, stools OK so far.

My food research was trying to stay with the two largest companies Nestle and M&M as at least they have the R&D and capital to actually take full responsibility for procurement, manufacturing kind a Like a Kubota !

View my Photos
greyhorse

2017-04-27          196607

I think I read someplace that Dry Dog food was invented during World War II as a result of food scarcity because of the war. Up to the war dogs ate what their owners ate in the form of scraps.

From a dogs view culinary delight must have diminished significantly, if the dogs had a union I am sure they would have unraveled the Dry food idea after the war.

Feeding a dog what you had leftover made it simple to know if what you fed him was good stuff.

Dehydrating a whole bunch of stuff so it can have a 18 month shelf life and still taste good and be good for you is another thing I think.

Sure is simple though to just go to the dog food bin in measure out the right amout though.

As soon as my wife gets forgetful enough I am planning on putting her on the same dry food diet ;-) ....

View my Photos
Murf

2017-04-27          196609

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhorse | view 196607
I think I read someplace that Dry Dog food was invented during World War II as a result of food scarcity because of the war.

The Gaines Food Co. started selling dry cat and dog food in the 1930's, mostly because up until then the only real choices was Ken-L Ration which was canned horse meat made from naturally deceased horses. By the 1930's there were too few horses around big cities (there was no real refrigerated transport so they couldn't ship very far) to provide enough material and needed better choices.

Gaines developed a way to make dry kibble using dehydrated meat meal that would keep without refrigeration are canning.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
greyhorse

2017-04-27          196610

I guess it has been around even longer than I thought. Here is the article I read that says WWII accelerated the use of not invent it.

Byproducts of WWII: Dry Pet Food and Processed Human Food

During World War II (1939 to 1945), not only was metal rationed, but pet food was categorized as "non-essential" by the U.S. government. The combination spelled death for the canned pet food industry. In addition, food rationing led to fewer table scraps. Pet owners who could afford to bought dry pet food or dog biscuits – the only commercially available products at the time.

Unfortunately, the American pet owner's love of dry pet food has endured well past the end of World War II. The war also sparked the processed food revolution in the U.S. Spam and similar products were developed in the 1930s to feed the troops abroad and to help with food rationing restrictions at home. All the factors that made processed food attractive to humans ultimately had a significant impact on the pet food industry as well.

The period after the end of WWII was a time of enormous economic growth and expansion in the U.S. Jobs were plentiful and more Americans were able to buy their own homes. As more families moved out of cities to suburbia, giant supermarkets replaced small grocery stores. Consumer demand for processed foods, for fast food – for food in general – kept pace with increases in educational and employment opportunities, individual wealth, and ever-expanding lifestyle options.

In responding to the tremendous increase in U.S. consumer appetites, the human food industry created vast quantities of agricultural scraps from slaughterhouses, grain mills, and processing plants. Pet food manufacturers immediately understood the unlimited opportunity of human food waste to their industry. ....

View my Photos
ford2000

2017-04-28          196632

I have been using Purina Pro Plan for years, has corn and all but as long as the the dog has bones to chew does not seem to be a problem.

Dry Dog probably is not all or even close to perfect, but the the convenience is what makes it so appealing to the human side of the equation.

My wife was telling me at breakfast there was a headline "Organic Dog Food contaminated with euthanasia drug recalled". So companies with QA is important to our canine friends. ....

View my Photos
Woodie

2017-10-02          197146

We use to do Pedigree dry dog food for our dog. Every moth he kept biting himself scratching skin issues and vet told us it was allergy to fleas etc. , well every fur sample they took and blood work -no sign of fleas but heres a shot and meds.... we wound up going to another vet ... told us to dump the all grain based food, dogs skin cleared up much happier dog. Plus as ''bonus'' his droppings reduced in size . Switched to Fromm's dry and Call of the Wild dry plus grain free canned ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2017-10-02          197147

Itching and scratching are sure signs of possible food allergy.

I switched to Merrick Grain Free Duck and Sweet Potato. A bit pricey for a larger dog like my lab. Much less droppings... used to pick them up in my tractor tires real bad, almost not at all now, well formed stools.

Merrick was a small outfit that did their own quality manufacturing originally. Bought out by Purina owned by Nestle. Supposedly Purina was going to let Merrick keep doing their own thing... time will tell.

View my Photos
Woodie

2017-10-02          197148

We also used Merricks when on sale , we use to shop at Pet Supplies Plus, always had a good selection. Fromm's is out of Wisconsin if i remember and you could collection 10 UPC and get coupon for free bag. Our dog Kurly was German Shepard Boxer mix, so yeah a bit of a hungry one. But now he's over the rainbow chasing rabbits -oh squirrel... We had to let him go last fall as he was in pain with his hips. ....

View my Photos
thebozman

2017-10-14          197187

The other part is a guy like me who inherited bad gas from my dad and there are days where I'm dropping but bombs all day and end up with baboon ass or others call it monkey butt so we do suffer as well . F.Y.I. diaper rash ointment (desiten) works really well in eliminating baboon ass ....

View my Photos
Woodie

2017-10-14          197189

Theres a product a motorcyclist friend of mine recommened for irritation in the neather regions, especially long rides on the bike. Product is called MONKEY BUTT , it a powder, comes in a yellow plastic container. I use it especially during summer months...sure reduces redness and clammy feel and all around irritation. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login