Go Bottom Go Bottom

Alexa Toolbar and Site Traffic

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-04-01          161595

I could use some help from our Tractorpoint members.

Getting more visibility on the Web helps TP visitors get better information on Tractors sooner.

The Alexa.com service only uses there browser based toolbar to establish ranks. Needless to say our membership generally ain't using the Alexa toolbar, hence our ranking on Alexa is abysmal. Alexa ranks are completely off the mark, our real ranking is and order of magnitude better. Unfortunately the Alexa ranks are very important to search engines, hence we get less visitors.

If you are willing to install the toolbar, this might help our ranking.

The Alexa has numerous benefits touted by Alexa to encourage use of the Toolbar.

Appreciate your efforts to improve site visibility!

The Alexa download link is provided below.

Dennis

Link:   Alexa Toolbar

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-04-01          161601

I now have a very 'Sparky' version of Firefox! LOL ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2009-04-01          161610

I am begining to wonder..... did the US government take over control of Outlook Express while I wasn't paying atention?

I am getting really tired of trying to work around the systemic problems in O-Express, is Firefox a viable alternative?

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2009-04-01          161612

I think you mean Thunderbird that is the comparable email product in the Firefox browser suite.

I absolutely hated Outlook Express and gave up on it at least 5 years ago, and have been using Thunderbird ever since.

I also refuse to use Microsoft Office unless coerced to at work and use Open Office instead. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2009-04-01          161613

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRankin | view 161610
I am getting really tired of trying to work around the systemic problems in O-Express, is Firefox a viable alternative?

I've had very good luck with it, it even loads sites that were a chronic pain in my CPU before.

My techie people tell me it's much safer too.

All I know is it seems MUCH easier to use than IE or OE.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2009-04-01          161626

I installed the Alexa toolbar into Firefox. It causes a noticeable slowdown when changing tabs, maybe because of lengthy turnaround latency on satellite connections. I'll run it for a few days but will probably remove it later.

View my Photos
cutter

2009-04-01          161637

I use Safari on my Mac, not available yet. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2009-04-19          162163

I noticed that the site ranking updates only M-F and not on weekends. That seems strange. Aren't weekend hits important? Or do they compute these manually? Maybe they're using a batch update that is kicked off manually, but it seems sort of primitive.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login