Go Bottom Go Bottom

Which rss feeds would you like to see

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-12-05          148986

I am toying around with RSS feeds. Which ones would you like and any location preferences.

Link:   Test Feed without formatiing

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-12-05          148993

Something with sunflower seeds in it is good for this time of the year. The birds need more calories in colder months.

View my Photos
DRankin

2007-12-05          148994

:) ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-12-05          148996

Well at least I got a response ;-) Mark are you getting snow out there? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-12-05          148997

I was gonna respond but can't answer your question because an rss feed is not something I'd use. Mark's answer was good though. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2007-12-06          149005

Dennis.........Big storm off the coast now. Due in tomorrow night. Not sure if we will get rain or snow, but we will take whatever moisture we can get.

Ken.... I hear you might be a little waterlogged up there? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-12-06          149006

I keep reading that we're supposed to be waterlogged but it didn't seem to be an unusually big storm here. The wind didn't even blow the tarps off the firewood piles and they are only weighted down with a few pieces of firewood. On the other hand Vernonia is only about 15 miles from here and those folks are hurting. I'm glad we're not in the lowlands. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-12-06          149018

Ok, I am willing to ask...what is rss feed? ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-12-06          149019

Ken,

Wikipedia has this definition:

RSS (formally "RDF Site Summary", known colloquially as "Really Simple Syndication") is a family of Web feed formats used to publish frequently updated content such as blog entries, news headlines or podcasts. An RSS document, which is called a "feed", "web feed", or "channel", contains either a summary of content from an associated web site or the full text. RSS makes it possible for people to keep up with their favorite web sites in an automated manner that's easier than checking them manually.

RSS content can be read using software called an "RSS reader", "feed reader" or an "aggregator". The user subscribes to a feed by entering the feed's link into the reader or by clicking an RSS icon in a browser that initiates the subscription process. The reader checks the user's subscribed feeds regularly for new content, downloading any updates that it finds.

The link below is for car and driver podcasts that you can listen to on you ipod if you have one.

The idea is that if TP members share common interests, I could make news page comprised of feeds from various sources saving members the time it takes to go to all those sites separately, making TP more of a one stop or home page stop. ....

Link:   Car and Driver RSS

View my Photos
Murf

2009-11-30          167089

Dennis, oh guru of all things techie..........

I happened to notice that there isn't an RSS feed for TractorPoint.

Would that maybe be easier than trying to get all the coding for the mobile edition working?

Maybe even bring in a few fresh faces?

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login