Go Bottom Go Bottom

Prayers for our Son

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-06-13          142918

Our second oldest son underwent surgery for colon cancer three years ago and we were assured that they "Got it All". He was given no Chemo or drugs at that time. Last week during a routine checkup a mass was discovered in his lung, a biopsy was done. He now has lung cancer and Cheno is to start next week. He is 40 years old, married. He and his wife cannot have children so they were almost to the end of a long process to adopt a Chineese baby. Needless to say we are all devastated. Please pray for Steve. Frank.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Prayers for our Son

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-13          142920

Very sorry to hear that Frank. We'll keep Steve and your entire family in our prayers. ....

Prayers for our Son

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-13          142921

Very sorry to hear of such bad new Frank. Believe and keep the faith. Steve and family will be in our thoughts and prayers. ....

Prayers for our Son

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-06-13          142922

Frank, will also join with the others in prayer for Steve. Will ask God for his grace and guidance, not only for Steve, but his family and loved ones. It is good to know there is a God who not only cares but has the ability. Sometimes things are just like we want, and other times they may not be, but his grace and ability are amazing. Kenneth ....

Prayers for our Son

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-06-13          142924

Frank,

Keep your chin up, my friend. Your son is young enough to battle through this. I pray that things will work out for him, his family, and for you.

Please keep us posted as to his progress while he's fighting this thing.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to your son.

The biggest battle your son faces right now is depression, and the urge to give up. Please see to it that he never loses his will to fight. He's going to need a whole lot of moral support and encouragement over the coming months. This is the most important thing you can do to help him through this.

And every once in a while, you'll need to visit with us, so that we help keep your spirits up, as well.

Best wishes to you and yours.

Your friend,

Joel ....

Prayers for our Son

View my Photos
crunch

2007-06-13          142930

Frank, our wishes and prayers are with Steve. ....

Prayers for our Son

View my Photos
dkheckmanl

2007-06-14          142934

Frank,
Your son Steve as well as yourself and all the rest of your family are in our thoughts and prayers. ....

Prayers for our Son

View my Photos
yooperpete

2007-06-14          142940

Frank:
Sorry to hear about your son's illness. In hard times like these, one needs support from family members and friends. Also wish to send my hopes and prayers for Steve's speedy recovery. ....

Prayers for our Son

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-06-14          142956

Hardwood,

A friend of mine at work bumped his head and he was sent to Medical to see a doctor. They took X-rays to check his spine and found a spot on his lung. To make a long story short he went through Radiation treatment and after 6 years he is cancer free and back at work.

I hope your son has the same good fortune as my friend. My hopes and prayers are with Steve and his family.

Prayers for our Son

View my Photos
Murf

2007-06-15          142962

Frank, so sorry to hear the news, as was said, both you and he need to keep spirits and faith up.

Your family will be in my prayers from up here too.

Be sure he keeps the fighting spirit alive, positive attitude goes a long way in things like this.

Best of luck. ....

Prayers for our Son

View my Photos
Billy

2007-06-15          142967

Steve will be in our prayers.

Billy & Karen Passmore ....

Prayers for our Son

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-06-15          142972

An Update on Steve's condition; Thank each and every one here for your prayers and concern, I've passed all of your correspondence on to Steve and his wife, they couldn't believe how many good friends I have here who are concerend for us. It has been determined that it is not "Lung Cancer" as such but a cancer in his lung. Today they did an MRI that included some radioactive element injected into his blood stream that would pinpoint any orher cancers in his body. No others were found. The Doctors said this is highly unusual as stray cancer cells normaly go to the liver or limph nodes before going to the lung. if they had found other tumors in other parts of his body they would have started high rate Chemo Monday, but being only the one tumor about the size of a chicken egg in his lung was found the new plan is to remove it then follow up with a low dosage of Chemo. So this was good news, your prayers are already at work. Frank and Lucile. ....

Prayers for our Son

View my Photos
Blueman

2007-06-25          143190

Frank,
I haven't been on here much lately...probably not enough time, and no email alerts...but my thoughts and prayers are with you. The Good Lord certainly challenges us when it is one of our children who needs this type of prayer.
Sean ....

Prayers for our Son

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-06-25          143200

Blueman; Thanks for your inquiry about Steve. Things aren't going quite as well as we had hoped. Even though no other cancers were detected in the MRI, the Doctors are concerned there may be others that are too small for the MRI to detect. The plan was then changed to start the high rate Chemo this coming Wednesday, then after four sessions at two week intervals the cancer would be considered killed, then the lung tumor removed. Unfortunately a week ago today Steve started running a fever caused by Pneumonia in the lung from lack of air circulation being the tumor is blocking an airway. Two different antibiotics were tried with no results so he has been hospitalized since Saturday with a 103 fever and still at the same level as of an hour ago. He is weak enough this morning that he can hardly speak. Frank. ....

Prayers for our Son

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-06-25          143208

Frank, we are still praying. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login