Go Bottom Go Bottom

TIME TO START MAHINDRA DISCUSSIONS

View my Photos
wallac
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-01-09          73554

WHO IS MAHINDRA?
MAHINDRA IS THE 3rd LARGEST TRACTOR PRODUCER IN THE WORLD!
TRACTOR ARE PRODUCED IN INDIA, KOREA, AND JAPAN WITH SALES OF NEARLY 85,000 UNITS ANNUALLY IN 10 COUNTRIES. IN INDIA, MAHINDRA HAS BEEN THE NUMBER ONE SELLING BRAND SINCE 1983!

THEY HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS OVER 50 YEARS.
THEY HAVE BEEN SELLING THE MAHINDRA TRACTORS IN THE U.S.A. SINCE 1994

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
outoftown1

2004-01-09          73584

ever owned one

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-10          73600

If you want to advertise; please be so kind as to buy some ad space from Dennis. Buy the way Mahindra's are a cross breed with Kioti which is not a bad thing but you should also mention their abismal resale value. I think Art can lend credibility to this. ....

View my Photos
wallac

2004-01-10          73610

CHEIF, WHERE DO I GO IN THIS SITE TO GET SET UP? ....

View my Photos
wallac

2004-01-10          73613

outoftown1, have you ever owned or operated one? ....

View my Photos
wallac

2004-01-10          73614

CHEIF, What do you mean by abismal resale value? ....

View my Photos
RoyWight

2004-01-10          73647

There doesn't seem to be many Mahindra dealers listed here, and the ones that are don't seem to read their e-mail! I've been trying to get price quotes for a week - has anybody had good experience with a dealer for these machines? ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-10          73650

Your first step would be to join as a "Premium Member", this allows you to post ads in the classifieds and list your dealership. ....

Link:   Click Here to Upgrade Your Membership

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2004-01-10          73651

The next step would be to consider advertising by clicking below ....

Link:   Advertising Options

View my Photos
grinder

2004-01-10          73655

I was reading a web page from a tractor dealer that claimed
the Chinese tractors are not covered under the defective
products laws in the US.
I was wondering if anyone has any info on this subject. ....

View my Photos
grinder

2004-01-10          73656

I went back and found it. It is called
"Chinese tractors 101".
Are these claims for real? ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
TomG

2004-01-11          73697

The claims are probably right for the most part. I did pick up something of a weasel word 'pure' in 'pure Chinese tractors.' It doesn't answer a question of where somebody would get a pure Chinese tractor. I'm guessing that U.S. consumer law and standards would bind a retailer operating in the U.S.

I assume that the crate tractors sold many places would meet U.S. standards and consumer law would apply. However, the quality of parts and service support would be the purchaser's problem. It's handy to keep in mind who a person is doing business with. Some importers likely are little more than shell corporations and the only realistic resource in event of disagreement is dealing with the U.S. organization.

There was some discussion awhile back about importers who were distributing Asian rebuilts--Japan requires tractors to be taken out of service after a few years and that produces some very low hour tractors that can be sold elsewhere. Some of them came without ROPS etc. More guessing on my part but I imagine they are sold as used tractors and different consumer and standards laws apply. ....

View my Photos
wallac

2004-01-11          73705

Roywight, What state are you in? What model Mahindra and how do you want it equiped? ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-01-11          73735

Grinder,you must be a Lenar dealer then huh? That web page was advertisement for a Lenar dealer in Oregon,You are pretty transparent,it would seem. You are the one that got on the chinese board and out of the blue started saying bad things about chinese tractors,untill I and Dennis straightened you out,yeah you're the one. This post wasn't about chinese tractors,did you read it before you jumped in? I just read your profile,guess your not a lenar dealer,you just hate chinese tractors for some reason,have you ever owned one?, looked at one? known somebody who did? or do you just like saying things you know nothing about? Lenar and jinma are two competing chinese brands,jinmas are out selling them,course a lenar dealer might say something bad about his compatetion,and if thats how you get all your info., then you shouldn't be giving any of your own out. Richard ....

View my Photos
RoyWight

2004-01-12          73755

wallac, For all intents & purposes call me being in Washington State, looking for comparison (including prices) between 2615HST & 2810HST - no implements. I sent an e-mail to your address listed on this site on the 6th. ....

View my Photos
grinder

2004-01-12          73758

I simply posted the web page.
As far as what I know about Chinese tractors? I know enough not to buy one. ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-01-12          73761

I understand you grind man,just hoping others do to, Richard ....

View my Photos
grinder

2004-01-12          73762

If you could post some unbiased info supporting your position, I would like to read it. But, if you have to resort to personal attacks because you can't find any,then this conversation is over. ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-01-12          73789

Grinder,that is a wise choice. Richard ....

View my Photos
grinder

2004-01-12          73807

I will dismiss this as an ad hominem attack. ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-01-12          73814

That sounds right to me Grind,ad homna huh? Well if it ain't right its close enough,now what do you think about those marhindra tractors? Not every body can have a chinese one,the rest of us who can't ought to get one of those tractors from India,hell I bet their almost as good? Richard ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-01-12          73816

Cmon, guys, let it go and play nice. Nobody wins these mutual urination contests. ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-01-12          73823

You tell him kws,what do you think about those mahindra tractors,I hear there is a lot of them out there. Richard ....

View my Photos
Mark_H

2004-01-14          73987

I'm not sure what a ad hominem is because hominem is not in my dictionary but you're right Richard he is the one who was bashing Chinese tractors earilier. His first post was not even related to the subject at hand just bashing Chinese tractors again.

According to him we are going to believe every ad we read which is ridiculous.

I think the reason they call him grinder is he's a jerk and grinds on peoples nerves.

Mark H ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-01-14          73988

ad hom·i·nem
adj.
Appealing to personal considerations rather than to logic or reason: Debaters should avoid ad hominem arguments that question their opponents' motives.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Latin : ad, to + hominem, accusative of hom, man.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-01-14          74013

Thats what I thought,? Richard ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-01-14          74017

Let me make myself clear here. Grinder has done nothing to deserve your scorn or your wrath.

I posted the definition so there would be no doubt what Grinder was trying to tell you.

I have said it before, and now I will say it again. Richard, you need to back down a notch.

You are losing credibility here. ....

View my Photos
Mark_H

2004-01-15          74044

Appealing to personal considerations rather than to logic or reason: Debaters should avoid ad hominem arguments that question their opponents' motives.

Grinder has already made his opinion clear on Chinese tractors. Again the discussion started with Mahindra tractors and out of the bule Grinder comes in and wants to bash Chinese tractors. He was giving us his personal considerations on Chinese tractors which was not logical because the discussion was not even about them. This is why we have our own site and other boards don't get much activity on Chinese tractors and probably never will. Everytime we post on another board we have to read all the BS.

Mark H ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-01-15          74052

Maybe he thought Mahindra was a Chinese brand. It is a common mistake from what I have seen. I once assumed they were chinese until someone here educated me on the topic.

Some of the flack just comes with the territory. Most 4210 -4710 Deere owners get tired of hearing that there are too many widgets on their tractors.

I have been told my tractor(s) is (are): too short, too long, too small, too green, too orange etc. And along the way I have been branded as an idiot, a communist and a liberal gun grabbing pinko.

Do you think that ONLY documented owners of chinese tractors should be allowed to express opinions on the topic?

This IS a forum to exchange opinions and ideas and I never got the impression that any particular brand of tractor should be sheltered or protected from diverse opinions.

So in the end, when the inevitable disagreement occurs, it does little good to resort to personal insults as a method of debate.

View my Photos
TomG

2004-01-15          74053

I think about Chinese tractors every time I wonder if my aging but low hour Ford is going to produce a repair bill someday that could buy me a new tractor but maybe with not such an illustrious brand name. Parts prices eventually may well reduce the big 3 to the lessor 3.

Got to say though that exchanges like these as well as the site mentioned make me wonder how happy I'd be among the company of similar owners if this is representative.

I've never noticed a reluctance to talk about any tractor here but some makes are known better than others. However, going into talk-show host mode sure doesn't tell me anything about the tractors or make me inclined to want to know anything either.

Just drop the personal stuff. Even if Grinder doesn't know India is south of China that's no reason to carry on in this manner. It's not very attractive at all and also doesn't add anything to knowledge about your tractors here either. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-01-15          74066

As an aside to the whole direction this thread was going, someone mentioned consumer protection laws and their applicability to these imported tractors.

I got into this subject a little through a casual acquintance of mine who bought a grey-market Japanese tractor. The Canadian & American consumer protection laws (and most other laws too) are basically the same with only very minor differences. His unit developed a potentially serious problem within days of it's arrival. The engine lost all oil pressure when the bypass valve on the oil pump opened and stayed open.

The problem was he had ordered it directly from Japan and paid for it by credit card, it was then drop shipped to a local dealer, an individual working part-time from home, for 'inspection & delivery'. The 'dealer' claimed he had no liability since the warranty was between the purchaser & seller, and his only involvement was to set it up & deliver it for a fee paid to him by the seller.

After many phone calls, etc., he got a "Sorry, you didn't buy it in Canada, you bought it in Japan." from the Government Dept. responsible for consumer protection. He finally yelled loud enough that the Provincial Gov. called the 'dealer' and basically told him to fix it or they would make his life miserable.

In the end the 'dealer' made an arrangement with a local repair facility to fix it at the sellers expense. It turned out to be a broken spring in the oil pump, cost was minimal, but it could have been fatal.

It all goes back to something I've said too many times to count, it's not what you buy, it's WHO YOU BUY IT FROM that counts.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Mark_H

2004-01-15          74092

I quess I tend to read posts before inserting my 2 cents worth. If the first post on this thread was read everyone would realize where Mahindra tractors come from.

Mark H ....

View my Photos
wallac

2004-01-15          74094

I not sure how they fell off track! ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-01-15          74096

Its not they,its grinder who fell off,go back and read them,I was just trying to put him back on,he has got this horrible dislike for chinese tractors,so horrible,that he just can't help himself,and had to bring them into the mahindra post,so don't say they,if he got on the johndeere post and out of the blue started bad mouthing them,that post would go in a different direction also. Richard ....

View my Photos
TVern04

2004-01-25          75002

I am shopping for tractor myself. Have 2 acres. Tasks will be 80% mowing. Mahindra dealer quoted 2015HST w/FEL and MMM for $14600. Good deal or not? ....

View my Photos
wallac

2004-01-26          75116

tvern, what state are you in? ....

View my Photos
TVern04

2004-02-03          75912

Sorry, I was out of town which was why I took so long to respond. I live in Louisiana.

View my Photos
wallac

2004-02-05          76069

I SELL THAT SAME SET UP FOR LESS BUT WHEN YOU TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION THE SHIPPING YOU ARE GETTING A OKAY DEAL! ....

View my Photos
DavesTractor

2004-02-06          76096

Tvern,

That price is under list by a ways, but a couple hundred more than we charge for the package here on the west coast. So I'd say it's a decent deal, but you might make an offer just a little lower and see what happens.

Great tractor! ....

View my Photos
kjmorgan

2004-02-07          76307

The 20 hp of the 2015 is it strong enough in hilly areas with a fel or maybe a tiller? Or is the 2615 the way to go?
How much more money between the 2015 and 2615? ....

View my Photos
unit5alive

2004-04-26          84375

Hi guys,got a question,a friend of mine is looking at a mahindra 2015hst 4x4 ,i dont know alot about these ,is this a good dependable tractor? any known problems? (thanks a advance!) ....

View my Photos
Miketnsa379

2005-01-18          104472

Just a note on your resale comments. I purchased a Mahindra 2615HST 4X4 last year for $14,750 and put over 100 hrs on it. Last week a called the dealer a bought it from and he offer $12,250 sight unseen! When it comes to "compact tractors" Green, Orange, and Blue couldn't possibly be much better. If you care what your nieghbor's think and want to be trendy buy green, orange, or blue. If you want the heaviest, most powerful tractor with a full (3) yr protection you've got to go with red! If the others are so good, why won't they stand behind them for 3yrs?? Makes you wonder..... ....

View my Photos
Miketnsa379

2005-01-18          104474

Yes! I bought a 2615HST 4X4 from Bill's Tractor here in San Antonio. Love the tractor, love the dealer. 2015,2615,3015 tractors are all made in Japan by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. If the quality stays high the Mahindra name will rise above JD, and Kubota within 5-10yrs. These tractors are 1000lbs heavier than a comp. kubota! And lift much more on both ends! They also come with a full 3yr warr! If your not trying to impress your neighbor's the cheapest,heaviest,most powerful and best tractor is RED! Good Luck! ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-01-19          104487

That tractor series is the same as 10 year old Cub-Cadets like mine, only it is painted "Red". People never took the Cadet as a serious tractor. I've been trying to tell people for years that it is great, weighs and lifts more. The only things to look for are that the motor to frame mounting bolts vibrate loose and a solenoid should be added to the starting circuit for more positive starts due to all of the electrical safety interlocks. See discussions about Cubs. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login