Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kioti Problems - comparisons to JD Kubota NH

View my Photos
MJS
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-12-05          45774

Looking for any problems with Kioti, but haven't found any real issues on this forum. Are they that good? I'm thinking of buying a DK35 with loader, box blade, shredder and 18' trailer at a local dealer for $18,595. Is this a good deal? How would this compare to similar JD, NH, or Kubota?
Thanks, MJS

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DK35vince

2002-12-05          45777

MJS,
Yes Kioti is that good.The price you were quoted looks OK too !
The only problem I have read about with Kioti owners is a few hydraulic cylinder leaks on the loaders.
I have around 100 hours on my DK 35 now(purchased around April of this year)and I am very happy with it !!

View my Photos
slowrev

2002-12-06          45798

I really like Kioti's too. In all fairness though, one thing to remember is that there are a lot more of the blue and green machines out there, so less trouble post on Kioti troubles would be normal. I do believe that Kioti is at least as good as the other brands and quite a bit cheaper. I like that :) ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-12-06          45799

To put it in perspective, on Tractorpoint there are over 40,000 posts on Compact Tractors. Of that total there are less than 100 about Kioti. So they have 0.2% of the Tractor Discussion arena!

I would have to assume the low numbers correlate to very few of them being sold and a very small dealer network.

Some of the Kioti models are hard to distinguish from the Kubota Grand L tractors, which I think look great.

DennisCTB
TractorPoint ....

View my Photos
NE-NH

2002-12-06          45801

I have an older (mid 80's) LB 2204 22 hp 4wd with a KL122 loader. The hour meter is up thier and the tractor has worked. I have no complaints. The few parts I have had to buy were easy to get(a phone call) and delivered within 3-5 days. If I ever need another tractor, I would buy a Kioti again! but for now this one still starts, runs and works very well. ....

View my Photos
MJS

2002-12-06          45806

Thanks for the feedback. It is good to hear about the lack of any catastrophic problems or dealer issues, coupled with owners that would buy again. That's ususally a good sign, even with a relatively new company/brand in this market.
MJS ....

View my Photos
DavesTractor

2002-12-07          45821

We just took on the Branson line which is built in South Korea as well. The quality is excellent, and I would assume the same for the late model Kioti's. Definately worth a look if you have a good dealer nearby. ....

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-12-07          45827

I don't know where you live MJS, but if you are anywhere near NY, the Empire Farm Days would be the place to go to compare. There is also a show at the state fairgrounds and perhaps you have one in your state as well. I wish I had gone to one BEFORE I purchased my first new tractor, it gives you a real-time perspective of what is out there and for how much. It would be great to take a claim from one salesman and present it to another selling a different brand. Sort of keeps them honest and cuts the BS. There are brands present I never hear discussed on the forum as well. Again, just my 2 cents. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2002-12-07          45833

As we had a post that Kioti was #3 this year in terms of sales ahead of NH and we have had very few negative posts, none that I recall besides loaders, which are made here.
I talked with the largest dealer in AL and he states that they sold 40 DK's per year and have had no waranty claims at all.
Kioti has been around for 50 years and are all Kioti components. Even Deer is not making the smaller engines. Many of the other Korean manufactures are actually using Kioti engines. I don't know about Branson.
By the way they have been at it longer than Kubota. ....

View my Photos
MJS

2002-12-07          45834

Austin, Texas. Know of anything like Farm Days around Central Texas? MJS ....

View my Photos
cutter

2002-12-07          45836

No, but I'll bet if you did a search you would find one. I can't believe that Texas would be out-tractored by NY. ....

View my Photos
slowrev

2002-12-07          45851

Cummins is having some of their engines made by the same corp that makes Kioti engines.

View my Photos
DavesTractor

2002-12-08          45895

Slowrev, Kukje is making the "A" series Cummins. Kukje builds Branson and Century, plus several John Deere models. All current Bransons have the Kukje engine, except for the 4520 which uses a Yanmar. Kukje builds a lot of engines and may provide some foundry work for Kioti, but I do not think they supply Kioti wiht complete engines. The quality coming out of Kukje plant is fantastic. ....

View my Photos
mathey

2002-12-09          45927

Sounds to me like one would possibly consider buying a Kioti tractor and a different brand loader (such as Koyker). Considering the Kioti and Koyker loaders are close in price, why mess with it?

I'm about this close (holding thumb and finger reaalllyy close together) to buying a new 3054 next month. ....

View my Photos
slowrev

2002-12-09          45929

Dave, Thanks for the clarification on the Cummins engines. Guess I got a bum steer because of the work Kujke does for Kioti.

View my Photos
Peters

2002-12-09          45940

Daedong (Kioti) builds all its own engines but the DK65 which is a Perkins. Their engine in that size range would not meet emissions. They sell their engines to other manufactures for marine and other applications. They only tie I know of with Kioti was Kubota in their early days. Some Mahindra tractors have the Daedong engines in them.
The Branson seem to be using a number of different engines, I see kubota and Mitsubishi advertised. ....

View my Photos
DavesTractor

2002-12-09          45942

I'm not sure if Branson used Japanese engines in the past on there older models, but on the current generation 10 and 20 series, all are Kukje except the 4520 that is Yanmar powered. ....

View my Photos
Rossco

2002-12-11          46042

Never seen a Kioti in person, but from pictures, the LB1914 rear fenders and front portion of the frame look exactly like my old Kubota B8200. Since Kubota doesn't make this model anymore, did they sell some of there older designs to Kioti? ....

View my Photos
Peters

2002-12-12          46065

I am not sure who copied who as the Kioti has been around longer. I know some of the older kiotis would interchange parts with the Kubota.
All the older models will be replaced this year with models similar to the DK's. ....

View my Photos
Kyle_in_Tex

2002-12-17          46233

MJS, I too live in Austin area. I got a great deal in Giddings at Jaeger's. You might call them and get a price. They have been in business since the 30's. They have great prices. In my situation, they were lower than the local kubota dealer here in Austin(and La Grange too).
Attached is a link. Good luck. Oh yea, A fellow in Georgetown TX. was selling his like new NH on the other board. Seemed it was about $1000 or so cheaper than new. ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
Jimbo

2002-12-19          46311

Speaking of Kubota and Kioti, Kubota just filed a huge lawsuit in Federal Court in CA, Charging Daedong with all types of copyright and patent infringments as well as intetional deceptive & misleading advertising as to their so called non-existent "relationship" with Kubota. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2002-12-19          46315

Jimbo;
I am not sure that Kubota will have a leg to stand on. Kioti has never claimed that there was any relationship with Kubota. They was a marketing company that distributed the Kiotis in the US up until a few years ago.
As for patents infringements, I can not say I have seen anything on a Kubota that was patentable. That does not mean that the Japanese don't try mind you, believe me I have read enough Japanese junk patents to cure my insomnia. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2002-12-20          46333

I heard that most of the law suite has to do with the colour of paint. Sort of hard to trademark a colour and if it was possible I imagine Coke would have dibs on red. Still, I believe that Harley does have trademark protection for their sound so I guess anything is possible when lawyers are involved. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2002-12-20          46339

Tom, don't get us started on lawyers! ....

View my Photos
slowrev

2002-12-20          46360

I guess I will have to repaint my car , it is Farmall red :) And the VA DOT will have to repaint all of its vehicles they seem to be Kubie orange. they even have their New Holland tractors painted orange... Oh dear!!!

Personally I think that this is because of Kioti's rise in sales, they seem to be closing in on the other orange tractor.

View my Photos
Peters

2002-12-21          46400

It is a wonder that IH and Massey have not been fighting for years about the colour.
Slowrev;
Q: What is Kubota orange and sleeps six?

A: A VA DOT crew cab.

Peters ....

View my Photos
HENSEL

2002-12-22          46443

HYDROLIC LEAK ON YOUR LOADER IS PROBALLY NO A KIOTI IMPLEMENT. ....

View my Photos
tonyb

2003-01-22          47970

PETERS, I live in North Alabama, also. Where is a Kioti Dealer around Huntsville? I am interested in buying a Kioti DK35. I really need it by the fall or winter when the rattlesnakes are not active on my land in South Texas. Lots of brush and cacti.

Thanks,
TonyBlaze ....

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-01-22          47972

Go to kiotitractors.com, they have a dealer locator in their site.

View my Photos
kdealer

2003-01-23          47978

Not to dwell on the Lawsuit with Kubota, but isn't it funny that Kioti,USA has been selling tractors in the US for over 15 years now and only when Kioti starts edging up to meet and exceed Kubota as the number one Compact tractor, do we start to hear Kubota crying foul. My personal opinion(and it's just that) is that Kubota is pissed off that people are starting to realize that Kioti is putting out one hell of a tractor, for less money and the dealer network is growing. ....

Link:   Group Farm Equipment

View my Photos
cutter

2003-01-23          48002

I don't know how vast the dealer network for Kioti is nor how much volume they carry but I doubt they are "edging up to exceed" Kubota's sales in this country. If you were to say that about J/D or N/H I might beleive it, they are already close in sales to Kubota and could surpass them in market share at some point (or not). ....

View my Photos
hayseed

2003-01-23          48036

I don't know if it is a fluke or what but a friend of mine has a 30-something horse power Kioti 4x4 w/loader and has had a fair amount of problems. 3 PTO shifting forks, Steering box shaft twisted in two, center of the front wheel broke out and the front axle fell completely off the tractor. Not all at one time but the tractor is a 94 model and most things happened under warranty. Sounds like a loader problem of overloading but it is a Kioti loader and he only has a small farm in WV. ....

View my Photos
Kyle_in_Tex

2003-01-23          48038

I'm sick and tired of the young generation Koreans burning our flag. Their hatred of us is due mostly to two GI's having a stupid terrible accident and killing a couple of young girls with a vehicle. Its the old bad apple spoiling the whole bushel. Yes maybe these servicemen are guilty and the older generation over there is still grateful for what we did 50+ years ago. Meanwhile, I am going to make an honest effort to avoid Korean products until North and South get their stuff together. If you don't believe me, turn on the tube once in a while and watch their youths burn our flag in their demonstrations/riots. They want blood, well, if we pull our 37,000 troops out, they'll get it. From their friendly northern neighbors. Oh yes, I almost forgot, check the internet for North Korea's prison camps. If anyone says the least little bad thing about the government, they have a law to arrest and lock up 3 generations of that person's family. Yes, children too. I'm sorry for getting on my soap box, but I feel strongly that South Korea owes us an unpayable debt. And what do we get? Flag burning...Kyle ....

View my Photos
DH83

2003-01-23          48039

10-4....I'm with ya Kyle ....

View my Photos
Kyle_in_Tex

2003-01-23          48040

Thanks DH83...Kyle ....

View my Photos
USA 2

2003-01-26          48217

I Hate to tell ya this but in case you haven't noticed we have our own youths in this country burning our flag!
There isn't one country in the whole friggin world that at one time or another someone ain't burnin an American Flag.
You better boycott every dang toy you want to buy for a kid too cause they are all made in China.
As much as I'd like to only buy American YOU CAN'T DO IT!!!!
Oh yeah and BTW I case you haven't noticed North and South Korea are two seperate countries!
Peace ....

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-01-26          48222

Guess we can't buy Kubota or JD's because of Japan bombing Pearl Harbor and the Other autrocities and thousands of americans they killed.

Many CUT's have Mitsubishi engines in them. Mitsubibishi made the bombers and planes the Japanese used in WW2, so anything with one of those engines in it is out, maybe one killed your father.

Germany caused 2 world wars, so their stuff is out. Czeckoslavakia (spelling?) was communist, so they are out.

Not sure what is wrong with India, not christians maybe ?

China is communist and has human right violations and supported North Vietnam and North Korea.

What can we buy ?

View my Photos
marklugo

2003-01-27          48233

Over 1/3 are Christians in India. That's about the current level in the US. ....

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-01-27          48240

Mark, Ok I accept that on the Indian Christians, I just sort of figured that the number was higher here in the states, but I have no problem with your figures. I do think that you understood my point of the post though ?

View my Photos
Billy

2003-01-27          48261

I'd like to add something and if I piss someone off, I'm sorry.

If our polititans would worry about us instead of every other friggin country in the world, we wouldn't be hated so much. In other words, mind your own business until it becomes your business. When it becomes your business, take care of business.

Billy ....

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-01-27          48278

RIGHT ON TARGET, Billy.

View my Photos
cutter

2003-01-27          48282

Read "The Ugly American", a paperback version has been out for decades (I read it in the mid 60's). It gives some fine examples of how our foreign policies are screwed up, it has just gotten worse since then. One thing that impressed me during the earthquakes in Japan a few years ago was the citizens response when our obnoxious reporters were sticking microphones in front of the victims asking them if they had insurance or government assistance to rebuild. They seemed puzzled by the question and answered that they are responsible for themselves, no one gives them money to fix what nature destroyed. Personal responsibility and a good work ethic bred into a workforce by pride and family creates a greater potential to build products that are superior to those knocked out by someone without those qualities. IMO :> ....

View my Photos
KIOTIMAN

2003-01-28          48324

i think this thread has gone awry. do politics have to creep into our tractors too. ....

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-01-28          48326

Yep, it seems like some people do not like tractors because of where they are made reguardless of the quality and value of the tractor.

View my Photos
cutter

2003-01-28          48339

It is impossible to purchase one that is made totally in the USA, so I guess the people that won't buy Korean, Japanese or whatever blend will have to be happy running the machines out of the middle of the last century! I love my Kubota, do I wish it were 100% made in America, of course. But that isn't going to happen and I am not going to hate people in other countries for building a good product. ....

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-01-28          48349

Right you are cutter, Except for a very few of the larger tractors ALL are imported, some are assembled over here for tax purposes I would suppose. I also like the old iron made in the middle of the last century though.

View my Photos
cutter

2003-01-29          48359

I happen to own one myself. ....

View my Photos
gregjo1948

2019-02-23          198207

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE-NH | view 45801
I have an older (mid 80's) LB 2204 22 hp 4wd with a KL122 loader. The hour meter is up thier and the tractor has worked. I have no complaints. The few parts I have had to buy were easy to get(a phone call) and delivered within 3-5 days. If I ever need another tractor, I would buy a Kioti again! but for now this one still starts, runs and works very well.

View my Photos
gregjo1948

2019-02-23          198208

Quote:
I have an older (mid 80's) LB 2204 22 hp 4wd with a KL122 loader. The hour meter is up thier and the tractor has worked. I have no complaints. The few parts I have had to buy were easy to get(a phone call) and delivered within 3-5 days. If I ever need another tractor, I would buy a Kioti again! but for now this one still starts, runs and works very well.

Where do you get your parts? thanks, gregjo1948 ....

View my Photos
gregjo1948

2019-02-23          198209

Quote:

Where do you get your parts? thanks, gregjo1948 ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2019-04-20          198350

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK35vince | view 45777
[QUOTE=DK35vince;45777] MJS,Yes Kioti is that good.The price you were quoted looks OK too !
.I have around 100 hours on my DK 35 now(purchased around April of this year)and I am very happy with it !! [/QUOTE]
Thought I would give an update to this post from years ago.
I still have this DK 35 (2001 model.)
Its been an excellent tractor for me over the years. (currently has 2165 hours)

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login