Go Bottom Go Bottom

Lost a good friend and a member of the family today

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-09          68334

Koon Dog was hit and killed by a car today. She is in picture #4. She was a good dog. She appeared suddenly one day and adopted us and she departed as quickly today. It is ironic that my first digging job with my 4410 was to dig her grave.........not a job I enjoyed at all. The toughest part is trying to mend the broken hearts of the girls (age 6,9,& 11)who heard it happen. Life sure does have its twists and turns.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-09          68336

Sorry to hear that Chief.

When my previous Lab died, for the longest time I would keep thinking I caught a glimpse of her from the corner of my eye by the window wall, where she would have been looking for me.

Dennis
TractorPoint ....

View my Photos
Peters

2003-11-09          68340

We lost our pure bred golden retriever in the summer. He decided to run with the kids on bikes up to their friends. When he got there he had heat prostration and died the next day. Like Chief's he was a foundling and arrived here when he was less than a year old. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-11-09          68347

I'm very sorry to hear that Chief. It's very hard to lose a family member like that.

Our pet doggie of 16 years died this past June right in front of our eyes. She was jumping around playing and just keeled over of a heart attack. We were grateful we didn't have to make the decision to put her down but we cried for days. We loved that dog.

I'm sure you're going through similar emotions. At least the pain eventually subsides and the memories can be enjoyed for the rest of our lives. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-09          68351

Sorry Chief, pets are one of the things we don't worry about becoming attached to put yet we do so easily and we don't even know when it is happening. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2003-11-10          68400

I'm sorry to hear that Chief, those 4 legged critters sure do seem to have a way of getting into your heart don't they? Young or old, its hard to lose a pet, I think their inocence and unconditional love just naturaly endear them to us in a really special way.

For years I bred Jack Russell Terriers, or as we called them Jack Russell TERRORS, I finally came to my senses and sold all my dogs off except my one prize stud (and best friend). At the age of 12 and a full, happy life he succumbed to skin cancer. I was VERY upset.

After my health problems last year my good lady heard that one of his grand-daughters had recently had a litter of pups. When she explained to the owner why she wanted one of those pups the owner offered to contact all the prospective buyers and ask if one would volunteer to be 'bumped' off the waiting list.

The breeder drove 3 hours round-trip one evening to personally deliver my new little buddy.

Now if I could only get my favourite chair back, darned dog......

Chin up, life goes on, soon enough another dog will appear in your life. Not the same dog, but unique in it's own way into our hearts.

Best of luck.

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2003-11-10          68411

Sorry to hear that Chief. Dogs are a different kind of animal and it seems that you can form an attachment that is stronger than any other animal. It is best to remember all the joy and good times that you had. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2003-11-10          68415

Chief Sad to hear about the loss. We keep used dogs (ones someone has abondaned) and have 5 here now. I would not part with any of them. Most of them are Rotweilers. We have our share of heartattacks and have the cancers and worst the old age when they can't move and soil them selves.

Hopefully it was quick and clean. I'd have a hard time putting one down that was in the house convulsing or out trashing around in the road even if it was for the best.

They live in the house with their own door into a 3000sq ft pen to run in, I do not like dealing with the road.

The worst part is they are $2.00 dogs, most are pure breed, no one wants and we have them to the vets as much as we do ourselves.

The bond is strong between "Man and Dog". ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-10          68426

Thanks for the kind words guys. It is amazing how attached you can get to a dog; especially ol'e Kooney. She was one hell of a pizza eatin' dog. The kids seem like they are doing better with it now. Now this kid needs to move on too. ;-) ....

View my Photos
Murf

2003-11-11          68468

"She was one hell of a pizza eatin' dog."

You've OBVIOUSLY never had a Jack Russell.....

Even a crew cab truck with 4 power windows isn't big enough, or breezy enough for a Pizza Gas-powered Jack.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login