Go Bottom Go Bottom

Guns and Ammo Supply shortages in the USA

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-04-26          183361

Any one have any idea how sales of guns and ammo is in your area and also the availablity of each?

Not sure when it began this year but have one dealer said it is the election and he ordered heavy expecting it. Two other who are not as old in business are running short on ammo and/or guns. You are seeing empty places in their display cases.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-04-27          183364

In my Canadian town three weeks ago, a kindergarden child crayoned a stick figure of her daddy with a handgun "to shoot monsters." Teacher reported it to the school, the school to Childrens Aid, CA to the police.

Whereupon three cops arrested daddy at the school (where he worked), handcuffed him, strip-searched him at the station, called his wife and searched his house.

Unlike the little girl, I'm NOT making this up. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2012-04-27          183367

I read that gun sales in recent months have spiked to record levels. Also understand that Ruger had stopped accepting new orders from dealers in March and will start accepting them again in late May/early June. They've been working 24/7. Other manufacturers have been busy as well.

Ammo was scare shortly after when Obama was elected again due to record sales. Prices spiked at this time as well. Recently haven't seen any availability problems, but that could change in the near future.

There is an interesting hidden turn to all of this. I understand George Soros (gun hater) thru some type of shell ownership with other business friends own the Cerberus holding company that owns Remington,DPMS and others along with some ammo manufacturing companies. Assume they will at some point use their extra-ordinary profits from record sales to fund the anti-gun lobby. Some speculate this will happen if Obama is re-elected. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2012-04-27          183369

Quote:
Originally Posted by auerbach | view 183364
In my Canadian town three weeks ago, a kindergarden child crayoned a stick figure of her daddy with a handgun "to shoot monsters." Teacher reported it to the school, the school to Childrens Aid, CA to the police.Whereupon three cops arrested daddy at the school (where he worked), handcuffed him, strip-searched him at the station, called his wife and searched his house.Unlike the little girl, I'm NOT making this up.

There is nothing more despicable than government using children as unwitting tools to enforce their agenda. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-04-27          183370

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwschumm | view 183369
There is nothing more despicable than government using children as unwitting tools to enforce their agenda.

I agree and wonder why no movie or tv star goes to jail for what the children retells from a show. So much double standards in this old world.

That about Soros have heard a while back, was told by person who worked with the guns at a Walmart impossible to track the ownership of Remington. Was also told recently they have begun to make handguns again. Was not aware they ever had but still odd. This would not be the first time someone bought a company with the sole intent of closing them for any number of reasons. Do know at local Wal Mart Remington 22 ammo is about 50% higher than other brands. From my experience just as soon or rather have CCI at much lower price. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2012-04-27          183371

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthompson | view 183370
I agree and wonder why no movie or tv star goes to jail for what the children retells from a show. So much double standards in this old world......

The poorer you are the more likely you will go to jail whether you committed the crime or not. The rich can afford the best lawyers, whereas the poor get a court appointed attorney. For court appointed lawyers the more serious the crime the less time they want to spend on it as every day they spend on it is another no income day. The exception being cases where the attorney can use the case to be become a celebrity by representing the client. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2012-04-28          183385

Record sales in the handgun arena. Iam buying all the ammo I can afford. Brass Copper and Lead assembled have doubled in price since osamma took office. Ammo that was .25 a round b4 is now .50+. A good investment I think. ....

View my Photos
lynn1988

2012-05-14          183525

In China, it is no way to get access to guns under the government control. And in my opinion, it is better for the government to control the gun usage, we have heard a lot of campus violence that caused by the arbitrary poession of guns. Guns must be held by people that they could control and hold themselves. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-05-14          183526

It is true there are innocent people killed by guns in the USA. There also many more killed by guns and other methods in many countries where the private citizen is not allowed legally to protect themselves. Gun control often is in direct relationship to government control of it's citizens. Not for protection of them. It has been proven over and over when the citizens are armed they are safer. The criminal will always find a weapon to suit their needs. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2012-05-14          183545

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthompson | view 183526
The criminal will always find a weapon to suit their needs.

And all too often the criminals *are* the government. ....

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-05-15          183548

Gun control is just another step closer to loseing our freedoms. I'll never be convinced that gun control would do anything but be a repeat of proabition of alcohol that was tried and proved to do nothing but create more criminals.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2012-05-15          183549

I believe very strongly in strict gun control.

A person should absolutely be able to hit what they aim at! :)

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-05-15          183550

Murf;

Right on big guy.
I'm a 98 percent crack shot, I miss 98 percent of the time.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2012-05-15          183551

Canada just abolished its Long Gun Registry, making it easier for us to buy and sell rifles and shotguns. But dealers put us on a waiting list, explaining that in anticipation of a second Obama term, Americans are buying up the supply, so American makers don't have stock to send to Canadian dealers. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-05-16          183560

auerbach, I don't know a wide sampling is the reason I began this thread but stores here have empty places in their displays and will tell you weeks or months on certain models.

Murf totally agree. If people want to pull numbers there have been a couple of I think southern towns that passed requirements ALL citizens were to be armed. Crime dropped in those towns. A criminal is some what like a bully, they want to pick on those they can beat. A properly armed population is hazardous to their career.

A sheriff in my state got attention when he told the women in his area they needed to be trained and armed to protect themselves. What he said was true. This was only a few months back.

View my Photos
Murf

2012-05-16          183561

It's the old saying, guns don't kill people, people kill people.

I'll bet the story linked to below would make the anti-gun crowd cringe just reading it, but it's the truth, and a perfect example of what can happen.

Six million people, 2+ million firearms, and a crime rate so low they don't even have to keep statistics, nobody can remember the last gun crime in the entire country!

Best of luck. ....

Link:   Swiss Crime Rates & Guns.

View my Photos
skipll

2012-06-01          183718

I read this someplace---Thought I'd pop it in here---How true it is I don't know. But I do know Obumer wants all our guns.

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control.. From 1929 to 1953,
about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded
up and exterminated.

------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. >From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million
Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total
of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were
rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million
political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000
Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000
Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million
educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century
because of gun control: 56 million.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login