Go Bottom Go Bottom

Lost my FIL this morning

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-08-20          173305

My fatherinlaw passed on this morning early, he was 95. He went downhill pretty fast with cancer.
He was an auto mechanic and fisherman, I'm not sure in which order, but he took his fishing very seriously.
He did teach me a few things about turning a wrench, but just gave up teaching me to fish.
Any prayere would be appreciated.
Frank.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Lost my FIL this morning

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-08-20          173306

Frank I am sorry. It is obvious he had a positive impact on you and that tells a lot. I lost mine soon be 10 years back and many people told me we were more like father and son.

It is always hard to loose those who mean so much to us regardless of the situation. But my Brother, if Heaven was his home gives you and me more reason to look forward to our own trip. It is not easy to realize you are the oldest male generation in your family either. If that is your case it does register.

God Bless you, your wife and the others he loved and left behind. ....

Lost my FIL this morning

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-08-20          173307

KT;
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, they are much appreciated.
My parents both came from big familys, so I had lots of aunts and uncles, all except one Uncle and two Aunts are gone, they are well into their 90's
My wife has one aunt and an uncle left, they too are in their upper 80's or low 90's.
My wife and I were from the same class, 1960, we had our 50th reunion last Saturday there were 12 original graduates, two have died, one lady in our class lost her husband and two of the girls nobody has heard from since school. Seven of us were there, one boy couldn't make it.
Time has passed and we are the old folks now.
I saw a bumper sticker a while back that read, "Be kind to your children, they will choose your nursing home".
Frank. ....

Lost my FIL this morning

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-08-20          173308

There is a lot to be said for having reunions or anytime where you are allowed to think back on how things were and even think of those who no longer there and how things have changed even as you keep pointing out so well in brands leaving our shores. A few years back a business friend told me the problem today is not change, it is the amount and the speed at which it is hitting us. ....

Lost my FIL this morning

View my Photos
auerbach

2010-08-20          173311

We on this forum are touched that you would share such a personal loss with us. Thank you Frank.

I don't want this to sound flippant because I mean it. If I had my druthers I'd switch off at 100. If that's not to be, my second choice would be to shut down at 95. Suddenly. ....

Lost my FIL this morning

View my Photos
Art White

2010-08-20          173314

Frank, sorry to here of your families loss. I personally have twisted to many wrenches for to long and I'd have rather gotten weaker from fishing!

At a dealer meeting yesterday a neighboring dealer is loosing his wife to a brain tumer at 53.

Life is all together to short! Eat desert first! ....

Lost my FIL this morning

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-08-20          173315

Eat dessert first. How true.

My condolences Frank to you and yours. ....

Lost my FIL this morning

View my Photos
Murf

2010-08-20          173317

Frank, my thoughts & prayers are indeed once again with you & your family.

In a strange twist of irony I spent the day with my FIL today. Tomorrow I am flying my wife & her parents to a 70th birthday party for one of her parents best friends from childhood some 250 miles from here, near Ottawa, the nations capital. At lunch my FIL commented on how pleasant a day he was having, and how appreciative he & his wife were that they would be able to travel 500 miles and enjoy a visit, all in nothing more than a single afternoon.

All I could think of was "one day I'm going to really treasure days like this when he's gone".

Heres hoping you have some of 'those days' to treasure also Frank.

God bless.

Lost my FIL this morning

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2010-08-20          173319

Frank,

Sorry to hear of your loss. My Dad hit 90 last month, he is frail, and my mom is in end stage Alzheimers, so I am getting that feeling as you said. My uncles and aunts have be gone for 10 to 20 years. My inlaws and my brothers inlaws are suffering with each one's wife having Alzheimers.

Enjoy every minute we have here together.

Lost my FIL this morning

View my Photos
kwschumm

2010-08-20          173327

Frank, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss and will keep you in our prayers. At 95 he lived a long life, and based on the few things you've said about your wife it seems he did good by her too. A life well lived is always worth being thankful for.

Lost my FIL this morning

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-08-21          173332

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and concern. Tho we've never met in person you all seem like the next neighbor down the road.
Frank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login