Go Bottom Go Bottom

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-08-05          144348

What's with all the google ads on barrel pt sponsored by anti 2nd admendment gruops.

THAT NEEDS FIXING!

Its enough that the liberal scum at e-bay have taken and banned anything firearm related from their site.

Harvey

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-08-05          144353

Harvey,

I get all bent out of shape over those who wish to take our firearms from us. My response to such people......."Go ahead and try. Good luck." They usually get my drift.

Only the dumb ones seem to have a hard time understanding my position.......of course, their numbers are great, so I do a lot of explaining.

Joel ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
mobilus

2007-09-13          145673

Ted Nugent for President!

Take a listen to this interview.

http://www.klru.org/texasmonthlytalks/archives/nugent/intro.asp ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
AnnBrush

2007-09-13          145675

The irony:
Railing about ads placed when their content is "opposition to gun ownership rights".

I guess its OK to protect the second amendment but not the first? ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
mobilus

2007-09-13          145677

The irony is two-fold then, because without the Second Amendment rights, the First Amendment rights would no longer exist. Look in the history books. ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
Billy

2007-09-13          145679

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? ;) ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
mobilus

2007-09-13          145681

Well, in all actuality, possession of firearms enabled the colonists to take the stand for independence. Without the means (weapons) and will to drive home the point, the Declaration of Independence would have done nothing more than incite the British to teach the colonists a lesson. ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-09-13          145682

Chicken.

Freedom of speech with no protection? Not sure how long that would last. Guess we can ask the students in Chiana. Oh wait, think a tank got the one I had in mind.

To me guns and tractors have a lot in common. They are not for everyone and those who don't want or need them should have no problem with those who want or need them as long as they use them in legal and reasonable manner. At same time if you don't make an effort to learn how to use it safely sooner or later someone gets hurt or killed.

I firmly believe there ought to be laws and regulationis on who owns guns. First start with those who don't care for them. kt ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
Billy

2007-09-13          145684

First off guys, I meant it as a joke. In reality you can't have one without the other?

I will say if congress passed a law today that all guns would have to be turned over to some kind of authority, I'd be one law breaking SOB!

That said, Freedom of Speech is just as important as The Right to Bear Arms. ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
mobilus

2007-09-13          145686

Agreed! ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-09-13          145688

There is what is right and then there is the way that it is. It seems that freedom of association should come into play somewhere. If a bunch of gun owners get together they should be able to boot any anti-gunners that show up. However, when you agree to accept paid advertising you agree to accept the strings that are attached. I just look at the ads and think to myself, "what a bunch of morons". Probably the same way they think about me. shrug. ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-13          145690

KThompson,

I firmly believe that only those who own guns should be allowed to vote.

And don't laugh.......as this was once the case in this country.

Progress isn't always for the better.

Joel ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
harvey

2007-09-14          145701

My point was: get rid of the anti's. Gunowners and business people are not going to support the site if anti's are going to support it. I only check BP from time to time and the ads do not make it at all.

I would hope when the freaking tree huggin anti diesel anti meat freaks start advertizing how much better the world would be with out tractors and farmers. That the majority will not just lay back and say Oh Well that's their opinion and they have that right to express it and we'll accept their money.

If the anti's pay to advertise on a site that supports tractors and farmers I'd expect the real tractor and farmer sponsors that pay will pull their ads.

I feel no different on the BP site. Real advertisers probably will not compete with the anti's. There are some excellent hi-power sites out there, and most have dropped E-bay and paypal. I do not use either anymore since their policy change on firearms. ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-09-14          145706

Billy, Your line on the chicken and egg fit very well, humor or not. My serious question off of it is, do you think the ability to protect one's self or the freedom of speech came first? Or the chicken and egg as you put it.

Candoarms, is that one vote per gun?

Harvery, could you give details on ebay and paypal? To those do not care for diesel or guns or oh well, do they buy all their food from the Quakers? No throwing off on the Quakers either. Do they only buy items shipped by horse or human power? Surely they only use solar power or wind power. Surely I jest...kt

Hey want to make the tree huger, gun hater, anti diesel and no meat nervous? Just attend parties with those types and as they nibble on their little snacks point make claims as shallow as theirs...did you realize they cut trees down to grow...did you know they shipped that lettuce here from Mexico with polluting diesel trucks and there were hungry cows shot for eating the lettuce in the fields...just so you could have it. Might be hard to get into next party.

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-14          145708

KThompson,

One vote per gun? No sir.......One vote per household, with only the head of household being allowed to vote.

"Every male citizen of the commonwealth liable to taxes or to militia duty in any county, shall have a right to vote for representatives for that county to the legislature." --Thomas Jefferson: Notes for a Constitution, 1794. FE 6:520

By law, EVERY MALE WAS REQUIRED TO OWN FIREARMS.

(See: The Militia Act of 1792)

I. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, That each and every free able-bodied white male citizen of the respective States, resident therein, who is or shall be of age of eighteen years, and under the age of forty-five years (except as is herein after excepted) shall severally and respectively be enrolled in the militia.........(continued)

That every citizen, so enrolled and notified, shall, within six months thereafter, provide himself with a good musket or firelock, a sufficient bayonet and belt, two spare flints, and a knapsack, a pouch, with a box therein, to contain not less than twenty four cartridges, suited to the bore of his musket or firelock, each cartridge to contain a proper quantity of power and ball; or with a good rifle, knapsack, shot-pouch, and power-horn, twenty balls suited to the bore of his rifle, and a quarter of a power of power; and shall appear so armed, accoutred and provided, when called out to exercise or into service, except, that when called out on company days to exercise only, he may appear without a knapsack....(continued)

Those who refused to sign up for militia duty were not permitted to vote.

I'm not convinced that changing this system was a good idea. In fact, I highly doubt the wisdom of it.

Joel

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
mobilus

2007-09-14          145719

Cando,your post brought this thought to mind: Responsibility. It was much more the credo back then than now. Take a look at the way celebrity rules our Nation more than good sense. We spend our time glued to the latest productions that Hollyweird throws our way, buy into any spin on news stories brought to us by mass media, and refuse to hold people accountable because it wouldn't be politically correct.

Is the ideal of freedom lost on this generation? No, they love freedom. Freedom to do whatever, whenever. Take a look at YouTube, Break, and all the rest of the .coms that display the willingness to do whatever comes to mind.

Lack of responsibility is fast becoming the norm. When you see people unwilling to correct their own children's behavior in public, when you see elected public officials disregard the laws they're sworn to uphold, when people expect the government to bail them out of every unpleasant situation, and when you see individuals unwilling to help their neighbor...do you ever wonder what happened to the idea that we all are expected to be 'responsible' in our very being? To ourselves, our friends, our society? Voting is a good example, because the very priviledge of voting used to mean something to Americans. Now less than half, and probably even fewer, actually vote. I have heard people say that "it makes no difference, anyway".

I think that we are losing America a little more every year to that kind of thinking. It becomes more apparent when few claim "American" as their nationality, and more and more claim "_________-American" (you fill in the blank). Once upon a time, before hyphenation, we were united. I love this Nation, but I can't help but see hard times ahead. Debt, both individual and governmental, is defining our existence more and more. Again, freedom and responsibility...it comes full circle: Ignore one, eventually lose the other.

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-14          145720

Mobilus,

You're right in all regards, my friend.

The problems we face today have roots that go way back in time. It's not that the current generation is failing.......is that the problems we've created are simply manifesting themselves...compounding.....over time.

The creation of a permanent standing army, which our Founders were entirely opposed to, was the start of this downhill trend in our society. No longer do the American people feel that they are responsible for the defense of their nation. They now look to BIG BROTHER (otherwise known as Uncle Sam) for protection....even from their own neighbors.

There's an American historian whom I have a great amount of respect for, by the name of Jon Roland.

(there is no "h" in Jon. I spelled his name correctly.)

Here's something written by Jon Roland.....which I believe you'll appreciate very much.

Militia v. Inimicitia
by Jon Roland, Constitution Society

Please visit the link below.

Joel ....

Link:   Militia v. Inimicitia

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-14          145722

In a nation governed by the people themselves, the possession of arms to defend their nation against usurpers within and without was deemed absolutely necessary. This right is protected by the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. A gun was an everyday implement in early American society, and Jefferson recommended its use.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." --Thomas Jefferson to Peter Carr, 1785. ME 5:85, Papers 8:407

My gun is my constant companion.

I don't fly, because the idiots in Congress won't allow me to arm myself. I don't travel by public transportation for the same reason. In fact, I rarely leave my home State.

I carry a gun, and I never leave home without it.

Too bad those people aboard those planes on the morning of 9-11 were not allowed to take part in the defense of their own nation. To do so would have been a FEDERAL OFFENSE!.....a FELONY....with jail time of up to 20 years!......the loss of all gun rights for life....and the loss of the right to vote for LIFE!

Only God can save us from this stupidity.

Joel ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
Murf

2007-09-14          145725

I read an interesting article about this topic recently, it was written by a history professor and was published in a historical association magazine and was about todays highly mobile society.

The theory was that the mass relocations of displaced persons caused by the two great wars (and to a lesser extent locally, the depression and 'dirty thirties') developed a nearly global mind set that if the living conditions where you were weren't all that great you could just pack up, and move somewhere better.

His theory was that this shift in thinking was the top of the slippery slope, people no longer would take the effort to preserve their way or quality of life, or their societies values or legal or moral standards, but would instead just abandon them in favour of 'greener pastures' when things changed for the worse.

As a person who is proud to say I'm the ninth generation of of my family to farm and live (if only part time) on the same land, I can tell you, not too many others in my area let alone Province can say the same thing.

The days of people staying in a particular area for many generations is sadly, long past I'm afraid.

Mind you, there are also less than 60% of the people in my area who are willing to even show up to vote......

BTW, another benefit of being a private pilot was raised here, I can carry a firearm while in flight!

Best of luck. ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
mobilus

2007-09-14          145727

Cando, it is good to know that there are still a few of us that haven't bought into the leftist ideology. You are a very learned man, no doubt on every possible opportunity heralding the very ideas that enabled the creation of these States. Which brings me to the next point, state's rights. As our States lose more power to the Federal government, through increased reliance on funding and direction, and decreased independence, we'll see more occurrences of what we saw in Louisiana when Katrina hit. People, knowing a hurricane was about to hit, did nothing, and waited on "the government" instead of taking action on their own. After the winds died down, more of the same pathetic cries for help, with nothing being done to help themselves. Why? Most of our States have helped create this "entitlement society" where individuals that are not willing to work are given the same (or better) treatment as the person working two jobs, saving money for a brighter tomorrow. It is seen throughout our society these days.

Just yesterday, some co-workers were discussing kids' sports, in which everything had to be FAIR and there were no winners or losers. "But it is better for their inner development", as one parent said. Hogwash! Winners win, losers lose. Learn to do both, and do both graciously...but develop a distaste for the latter.

That I live in Texas is a fact of which I am proud. Recent legislation re-confirmed that I have the right to defend myself, my family, and my property...and to do so without cowering.

[Article by Ed Stoddard

DALLAS (Reuters) - Criminals in Texas beware: if you threaten someone in their car or office, the citizens of this state where guns are ubiquitous have the right to shoot you dead.

Governor Rick Perry's office said on Tuesday that he had signed a new law that expands Texans' existing right to use deadly force to defend themselves "without retreat" in their homes, cars and workplaces.

"The right to defend oneself from an imminent act of harm should not only be clearly defined in Texas law, but is intuitive to human nature," Perry said on his Web site.

The new law, which takes affect on September 1, extends an exception to a statute that required a person to retreat in the face of a criminal attack. The exception was in the case of an intruder unlawfully entering a person's home.

The law extends a person's right to stand their ground beyond the home to vehicles and workplaces, allowing the reasonable use of deadly force, the governor's office said.

The reasonable use of lethal force will be allowed if an intruder is:
- Committing certain violent crimes, such as murder or sexual assault, or is attempting to commit such crimes
- Unlawfully trying to enter a protected place
- Unlawfully trying to remove a person from a protected place.

The law also provides civil immunity for a person who lawfully slays an intruder or attacker in such situations.

Texas joins several other states including Florida that have or are considering similar laws.

Sympathy for violent offenders and criminals in general runs low in Texas, underscored by its busy death row. The state leads the United States in executions with 388 since the death penalty was reinstated in 1976 by the U.S. Supreme Court.

A conservative political outlook and widespread fondness for hunting also means Texans are a well-armed people capable of defending themselves with deadly force.

It is easy to acquire guns over the counter in Texas and lawful to carry a concealed handgun with a permit.]

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-14          145730

Murf,

I agree. Leaving one's troubles behind, rather than facing up to them, is nothing but cowardly.

On the other hand, policing the entire world, as the U.S. is currently doing, is no danged better. It sends a very dangerous and harmful message.......that no matter what happens, Uncle Sam will be there to bail you out. PHOOEY! NONSENSE! How much Dumber could we possibly be?

Mobilus,

North Dakota has fewer gun laws than any other State. I chalk this up to the fact that we have very few cities, and even a fewer number of colleges, liberals, and other liberal wackos. It also helps that most of our lawmakers are farmers, who live in very rural areas, where police protection doesn't exist.

We don't even have a Death Penalty here in North Dakota, because we don't trust our government with this immense power......which powers can easily be abused......and most often are.

Instead, the people of North Dakota have retained the right to carry out the death penalty entirely on their own.....at the time the offense is committed.

It's all but impossible to put the wrong man to death under our system.....because the bad guy is killed during the commission of the crime. He is not allowed to escape, making no room for foul-ups by police investigators after the fact.

This makes finding the guilty party very easy. It's as simple as looking at the ground.

Joel ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
mobilus

2007-09-14          145733

Again, I agree.

As for our current involvement in distant lands: The military is the hammer weilded by politicians, who are SUPPOSED to be acting in the Nation's best interest. But what I see, is a case of Manifest Destiny gone awry. Because our President feels that every country around the world would be better served by a democratic government, we are trying to force-fit countries that are either not ready and/or willing to do so. I think that this is where we're, or at least our leaders, are missing the point.

Democracies worth their salt have always sprung up from within, and never has a successful democracy been forced from without. ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-09-14          145735

Whats the problem if a few innocent people get killed I can live with it. I see laws in this post from the 1700's, lets bring back witch burning it worked for Salem. Wing Wiper come back and save us? Noone will take our guns unless we let them. They will never get mine, laws mean nothing to the people running this country why should they apply to me. First or second amendements we are way past that just look at the News there is no right or wrong. The police are just trying to keep up.

Phil ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-14          145740

Mobilus,

I'm glad you brought up "Manifest Destiny". What a crock of garbage that wonderful piece of work was.

Manifest Destiny, written by John L. O'Sullivan, in 1839, replaced the Monroe Doctrine....which was written by John Adams.

John L. O'Sullivan was a globalist. He has many followers, who may as well bend down and kiss his feet. I'm sick of these people.

I like the Monroe Doctrine. Here's an excerpt from it.

"The citizens of the United States cherish sentiments the most friendly in favor of the liberty and happiness of their fellow-men on that side of the Atlantic. In the wars of the European powers in matters relating to themselves we have never taken any part, nor does it comport with our policy to do so. It is only when our rights are invaded or seriously menaced that we resent injuries or make preparation for our defense."

Had we followed the Monroe Doctrine, we wouldn't have involved ourselves in WWI, WWII, the Korean conflict, or even Vietnam......and certainly not Iraq.

Bush is a globalist and is no different from Wilson, FDR, Truman, or Johnson. Those who tell me that Bush is a Republican have no idea what they're talking about. Bush is the first Democrat to be selected from a Republican ballot.

Joel ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
harvey

2007-09-14          145741

Kthompson Ebay just recently restricted anything firearm related from being advertised on Ebay. Paypay is a huge part of Ebay.

Usta B you could buy brass, bulletts, and many other things firearm related. NO MORE the liberals do not think it's right.

It's buried in their policies if you wanna log in and look. ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-09-14          145744

Enough history for the insane where does it say that the "phrase" Manifest Destiny replaced the Monroe Doctrine. The best I can tell John L. O'Sullivan was a numbnut Democrat columist that came up with this phrase pertaining to Texas and Oregon territorys. ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-15          145768

SG8NUC,

Here's a link to John L. O'Sullivan's MANIFEST DESTINY.

I'll post a short excerpt from it for those who don't want to take the time to read the entire thing.

John L. O'Sullivan on Manifest Destiny, 1839

All this will be our future history, to establish on earth the moral dignity and salvation of man -- the immutable truth and beneficence of God. For this blessed mission to the nations of the world, which are shut out from the life-giving light of truth, has America been chosen; and her high example shall smite unto death the tyranny of kings, hierarchs, and oligarchs, and carry the glad tidings of peace and good will where myriads now endure an existence scarcely more enviable than that of beasts of the field. Who, then, can doubt that our country is destined to be the great nation of futurity?

See the link below.

Joel ....

Link:   Manifest Destiny

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
mobilus

2007-09-15          145776

Joel,

to add to my argument that the Middle East region is either not ready or just plain unwilling to accept true democracy, I submit that democracy has its roots in Christian theology. Whether the leftists, agnostics and atheists think so or not, the great majority of the Founding Fathers believed in God, the Holy Spirit, and Jesus Christ. So therefore, the creation of "One Nation under God" was not just some spin that they created to con people into the sacrifices that would come with war with Britain. It was the basis of the belief that God had brought them to the time and place in which they could cast off the distant rule and oppression of a then-foreign government.

Paul's journeys in the Bible are another clue that we should leave the Middle East alone and concentrate on our homeland. The Holy Spirit, the Bible reads, prevented Paul from travelling East on his Evangelistic missions.

Isolationism is an idea that may never be implemented again, short of the aftermath of a nuclear cataclysm.

Globalism is so rampant that I feel lucky if I pick up an item in Walmart and it reads "Made in the USA". Sam would roll over in his grave. If the United States wasn't on the short end of the stick (of trade), I might feel different. But we are losing more and more of our interests (to include our own soil)to foreign entities, whether they be government, corporate, or individual. In most countries that we deal with, it is illegal for a foreigner to buy land. But not here...take a look around.

I guess that's enough to get my blood moving this morning.

Y'all have a great day as an American.
Mark

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-15          145779

Mark,

I feel as though I've known you for a very long time. We have much in common, Sir.

Our Founders read a great many books on government, from Plato to Montesquieu. They had also read the Bible, and possibly several times during their lives.

With the invention of the computer and software programs, it is now possible for us to search through the writings of our Founders to determine which words or phrases appear most often in their letters, books, essays, and other papers.

The results may be surprising to some.

Enjoy.

The "Top 40" Authors cited by the Founding Generation

1.St. Paul
2.Montesquieu
3.Sir William Blackstone
4.John Locke
5.David Hume
6.Plutarch
7.Cesare Beccaria
8.Trenchard and Gordon
9.Delolme
10.Samuel Pufendorf
11.Sir Edward Coke
12.Cicero
13.Thomas Hobbes
14.William Robertson
15.Hugo Grotius
16.Jean-Jacques Rousseau
17.Lord Bolingbroke
18.Francis Bacon
20.Richard Price
21.William Shakespeare
22.Livy
23.Alexander Pope
24.John Milton
25.Tacitus
26.Coxe
27.Plato
28.Abbe Guillaume Raynal
29.Abbe Gabriel Mably
30.Niccolo Machiavelli
31.Emmerich de Vattel
32.William Petyt
33.Voltaire
34.John Robinson
35.Algernon Sidney
36.John Somers
37.James Harrington
38.Paul de Rapin-Thoyras

The above information is available at the Online Library of Liberty.

Joel ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
mobilus

2007-09-15          145783

Joel, I know what you mean. Hey, if we had a few hundred million dollars, the Presidency is opening up soon...

By the way...even though the site injected the "lol" into DeLolme's name, the Swiss didn't find him that funny, obviously. ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-15          145787

Mobilus,

I'm not sure why it is, but the Swiss seem to have missed out on a great opportunity. It seems that there were a number of men who referred to themselves as being of Swiss heritage -- but published their writings in France, Germany, or England.

Brother Klaus (I forget his real name.....this was the name assigned to him by his fellow countrymen.) may have been the only Swiss philosopher who was allowed to remain within the borders of Switzerland.

We'll have to get together somewhere. I'll buy you a cup of coffee or three, while we talk guns, politics, and history.

Without guns, there wouldn't be much history to discuss. And without politics, man wouldn't have much need for guns.

Joel

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
mobilus

2007-09-16          145789

Swiss officials in the 1700s really didn't care much for views that didn't align with their own. We've seen the same thing in our time.

I'd like to regress for a moment to the social contract theory. I haven't seen the show, as there is very little television worth watching, but there is one where kids run a town comprised solely of kids. Obviously, each kid brings with them different teachings, values and mores. I'm curious of how different this newest generation would develop the social contract that would enable any sense of community. Would it reflect the worst or best of our society? Hobbes, if I remember my college days correctly, wrote that in order for a society to live at peace, every member of that society would have to be subservient to an authority figure, and do so willingly. If a society didn't recognize a given authority, even though that authority figure couldn't be held accountable, then total chaos would result. If we pattern the kids' town after our own political system, it would definitely take on a Machiavellian feel.

Okay, it's late, we just got back from a rodeo, and my wife is questioning my sanity for sitting here typing this late at night, so I'll bid you adieu for tonight.

Peace be with you, my friends. ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
mobilus

2007-09-18          145838

Joel,

If you ever find yourself in North Texas, I'll buy the coffee! My travelling days are few now that I've taken off the uniform...and I like it that way. I have been here for seven years, definitely the longest I have lived anywhere since I joined the Air Force back in 84.

Mark ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-18          145849

Mark,

Glad to know you, Sir.

I spent about 16 years in uniform, with 5 years active and an additional 11 years in the Army Reserves.

It was during my stay in Georgia that I met a man who introduced me to U.S. history......the version they don't teach in U.S. public schools. I've been hooked on the subject ever since. Of course, I was introduced to the topic by a very good teacher, while I was still in junior high.

Jim Fitt served in Vietnam with the 1st Armored Division. He lost a leg when a land mine exploded beneath his 2-1/2 ton truck. He was a college graduate with a degree in military history from Kansas State. We became good friends, and he often stayed with me and my wife whenever I would cook up some Georgia venison for supper.

Jim passed away shortly after I left Georgia. I miss him a great deal. There are few men I've met in my life that were as kind, or as willing to share what they learned in life.

It seems to me that military men often know more about history than most other people......and I believe this has a lot to do with wanting to know more about the situations we end up in, when freezing in a foxhole, in some foreign nation.

I've never been to Texas. It is one of only a few States that I've never made it to. However, should I ever head in that direction, I'll be sure to let you know that I'm on my way. I'd enjoy having a cup of coffee with you, Sir.

Joel ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-26          146109

Dear friends,

This came to me from a very trustworthy source.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

You'd think that when rabid, anti-gun legislators like Sen. Charles Schumer and Rep. Carolyn McCarthy join together to pass anti-gun legislation, it would raise a few red flags.

But these two New York Democrats are currently planning to roll over gun owners with H.R. 2640 -- legislation which would bar you from owning guns if:

* You are a battle-scarred veteran suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder; or

* As a kid, you were diagnosed with ADHD.

Not to mention the fact that your ailing grandfather could have his entire gun collection seized, based only on a diagnosis of Alzheimer's (and there goes the family inheritance).

More info on H.R. 2640 is available on the net.

Now our nation's military veterans are being targeted for disarmament. It never seems to stop.

Please call your representatives in Congress and then deliver a personal message regarding your opinion on this proposed legislation.

I thank you.

Joel

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
randywatson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-09-27          146146

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

To those who would submit to the yahoos who pass these unconstitutional laws your freedom of choice will be next.

You dont care if they take the guns, what about when they close down the talk show that allows expression of views, or the door to door searches to ensure compliance with their laws. What about when they decide there is no such thing as private property ownership or rights, or personal decisions on health care, (you smoke, no govt funded health care for you, or drink alcohol, or drive a gas guzzler, or eat red meat, or...or... by the way, all doctors are government employees, dependant on the authority of the govenrment to be able to do doctor work)

Who will stop them or how will they be stopped in their never ending quest for power.

Mao says, true power comes from the barrel of the gun.

nuf said ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-09-27          146166

Candoarms, revisted this due to Randy's posting but read yours on the fine senators and their thoughts. Locally an 80 year old man committed suicide and could be a poster person for taking guns from those with Alzheimer's or certain medication due to how it can affect the mind.

The other side that happened here recently one man was released in the morning for a gun violation and that afternoon was in a shoot out with person he was trying to break in his house and killed. Both happened the same week about 60 miles apart.

WHat it means to me is we need to realize when and how guns need to be secured to prevent such. Have no doubt you know, how many people are killed each year by bad people with guns compared to Drunks with cars? kt ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-27          146169

KThompson,

"..how many people are killed each year by bad people with guns....?" (KT)

Too many, Sir. I don't know the exact number, because the FBI categorizes every gun death into one lump sum. The good people killed by the bad guys are lumped together with the bad guys killed by homeowners.

I can tell you this much.......Not enough bad people are killed by good people with guns.

Far too many violent criminals are repeat offenders, simply because far too many good guys surrendered their right to defend themselves. For some odd reason too many of my fellow Americans tend to believe that a policeman, 40 minutes away, will do a better job of protecting them from the criminals, than they are capable of doing themselves.

It's a sad time we live in. Whatever happened to people like those who lived in Northfield, Minnesota, when the Younger gang came to town to rob a bank?

I was born in the wrong century. I'm way out of place in this new society we live in.

Joel

Joel ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
yooperpete

2007-09-27          146171

Doctors kill more people each year through negligence than guns killing anybody.

In our regional area (Saginaw & Flint Michigan are the homocide capitols of the country), gun deaths are from blacks killing other blacks while us white folk get blamed for it. Some accidents do happen unfortunately. More people die from automobile and other related fatalities than even our soldiers. ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
mobilus

2007-09-27          146187

Better tried by twelve than carried by six...any day. And remember, dead men tell no lies.

As for taking weapons from the elderly, that's a foul! Unless they are forced to live in an assisted-living type facility, where someone else would take care of security issues, the elderly have every right to defend themselves and their property. A random age picked by some liberal, anti-gun beaurocrat who bases the decision on his/her personal belief/experience is just wrong! As long as we free citizens of this great country show no reason for limiting our rights (such as felony convictions), no limitations should exist. A medical authority's decision that one is incapable of driving is usually taken at face value, but, short of suggesting that an elderly person's family should intervene when gun ownership is deemed unsafe, who exactly do you propose do the dirty work of policing these people? Another beaurocrat, especially created to do so? Well, why not raid everyone's homes then? Why not put swastikas and SS paraphenalia on them and say that their mission is to protect the country?

NO! KThompson, we've seen your type thinking destroy nations and countless lives. It is freedom, and the freedoms granted in our dear Constitution, that have secured our continued success as a Nation. Until we give up those rights... ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-28          146195

In the very near future, any person who attempts to purchase a firearm will have to answer the following questions.....

Have you ever been treated for depression?

Have you ever visited with a psychiatrist, or a marriage councilor?

Have you ever taken Prozac, or Ritalin?

Have you ever considered suicide?

Have you ever killed an animal? (Deer hunting counts)

Do you suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?

Are you a combat veteran?

Have you ever killed another human being, for any reason, including self-defense?

Are you an Alzheimer patient? (Don't answer with, "I don't remember.")

Have you ever gone through a divorce?

Have you ever lost a child or a spouse?

Have you ever had a pet get run over and killed?

Have any of your children ever run away from home?

Have you ever been fired from a job?

Have you ever filed for bankruptcy?

Have you ever lost a home due to flood, fire, or other natural disaster?

I could add at least a hundred other such questions to this list.

All of these things cause some form of mental stress on a person.......and all of these things can result in some form of temporary mental depression.

In any or all of the cases above, a person could now be found incompetent to own firearms.

Our elected idiots aren't as dumb as we might think. They tried to ban firearms for years, without success. They've now figured out that it is much easier to ban gun owners, than to ban guns.

Joel ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
mobilus

2007-09-28          146201

[Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people. ]

Even though the Ninth Amendment reads "shall not", this IS exactly what is happening. Not only the rights not enumerated, but inalienable rights as well.

[We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. --Declaration of Independence]

Our votes do not always provide the needed change in our government...especially when the masses are only interested in someone else protecting them, when they take no responsibility for their actions, and when normative social mores continue to sink in a dismal swamp of political correctness. But we must do what we can, vote, make our elected officials aware of our intent to hold them accountable for misrepresentation, and to pray that we make it another day as a Nation. But I guarantee you that other great nations have fallen due to the apathy of their people, and we may as well (God forbid) unless we wake up from this materialistic values-based Disneyland that we are becoming, or have become.

I love this Nation. I love her people. I continue to serve her military daily. I vowed to freely give my life for her every time I enlisted for 20 years. I see a small portion of her sons and daughters doing the same today...and they're seriously underappreciated for their commitment. Our freedom is a serious issue. If you've watched the movie V for Vendetta, you've seen a work of fiction that could easily become reality. Every time we do not stand up to greater restrictions of our personal liberty, we inch ever closer to the totalitarian society depicted in the movie and seen in Nazi Germany and Maoist China.

Okay, that's my rant for today.

Y'all have a blessed day as American free men and women. ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-28          146203

Mobilus,

The most underutilized tool in this nation, in defense of our liberties, is the jury.

I've studied our jury system for years. It is a very powerful tool, but more importantly, it is a peaceful means of carrying out a political revolution.

No firearms are needed to preserve our freedoms. No people have to be killed in defense of our natural rights. Civil Wars can be completely avoided.....thanks, in part, to our Founders.

William Penn was arrested and put on trial for violating the Conventicle Act.....a law which prohibited the exercise or practice of any religion other than that approved by the King.

Penn's jurors knew the difference between man's law and God's law. They knew full well that Penn had never harmed any person.......Penn had only insulted the King, indirectly, at that.

Any group of politicians can pass any law they please. They can pass good laws, or bad laws. At any rate, the bills they pass become law, and consequences are dished out to any person who fails to obey them.

This is where the jury comes into play.

The jury's job is to sort out the good laws from the bad ones. Any bad law is supposed to be NULLIFIED by the jury. A single "NO" vote is enough to undo the wrongs done by the lawmakers..........but the American people don't seem to know anything about this immense power they possess, nor do they seem to want to learn anything about it.

The power to preserve our freedoms is already in our hands. We don't need any other tools, nor do we need to get violent about the loss of our freedoms. Preserving our freedoms is as simple as voting "NOT GUILTY, YOUR HONOR".

The Citizens Rule Book is available on the net, free of charge. I encourage every American to read it.

Enjoy the reading. Remain free!

Joel ....

Link:   The Citizens Rule Book -- Jury Handbook

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
mobilus

2007-09-28          146211

Joel,

I definitely hope that my last post did not sound as if I condone any violent overthrow of an elected government. The change I propose is a change brought about by the action of responsible voting by our citizens. To do so would mean that we must be willing to become more informed and be willing to hold our elected officials responsible by denying them further terms in office. Our career politicians, which I believe was never meant by our Founding Fathers to be the case, are farther afield the longer they are in office...and that is a terrible fact.

Regrettably, much legislation is from the courts nowadays, as a precedent set in higher courts as de facto law.

Mark ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-28          146213

Mark,

Sorry for the confusion, Sir.

I hadn't yet read your letter before posting my last one. My letter was not in response to anything you wrote. It was written as an afterthought to a previous letter I posted.

I agree with you, in that we need to remove many of our elected officials from office, but the question remains as to what to do about the laws they passed while "serving" us.

The answer is two-fold. Remove the elected criminals, and then take action, as jurors, to undo the harmful laws they brought down upon us.

It's a war with many fronts. There is no single thing we can do to rid ourselves of these people and their evil laws.

On top of the many valuable points you brought up......We have to stop sitting in the Jury box, acting as if we're only there to decide the issue of guilt or innocence. Determining the merit of the law, itself, should be our first priority, as jurors.

We have to stop convicting people of owning illegal firearms when they used those firearms in defense of their own lives, or in defense of their neighbors.

If the firearm was put to proper use, I don't care if the weapon used had been BANNED by the federal government. If the weapon had been discharged in self-defense, then no crime was committed. Therefore......."NOT GUILTY!"

This is how we defend our Freedoms and Liberties.

Voting out the rascals is just one step....but it doesn't address the issue of undoing the harmful laws they passed while in office. We need to attack on both fronts.

Joel ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
mobilus

2007-10-02          146426

News story about Australia's Prime Minister John Howard:

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. 'If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you', he said on National Television

'I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia : one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option', Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should 'clear off. Basically people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off', he said.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia .' 'However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.' 'This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like 'A Fair Go', then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, American citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

America Needs Leadership Like This! ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
Murf

2007-10-02          146433

I think before you get too far into the Australian Cheerleading Squad you better do a little research on the Australian Governments idea of gun control.

Their gun control laws have virtually banned private possession of firearms including pump-action shotguns and all semiautomatic firearms (even .22 rimfire caliber firearms) and provides for the government to pay people to turn in such firearms for destruction, in other words, the law says you MUST 'sell' your guns to the government for what THEY SAY THEY ARE WORTH which is nearly zip since they are illegal.

The laws provide for a person to possess a non-military semiautomatic long gun, or pump action shotgun, for professional use ONLY if the authorities can be convinced that the person has a "genuine need.". A "genuine reason" (to the government) is required for a person to have a lesser firearm.

Protection of life is NOT to a valid reason for having a firearm, neither is sport hunting or target shooting.

Best of luck. ....

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
mobilus

2007-10-02          146457

No, I didn't know that.

I do not propose that the Aussies have anything better than we do. The stand that immigrants assimilate the values of the nation they're moving to is what I was pointing out. This is by far not the opinion of the whole of Australia...just the opinion of their leader.

We have hashed this out a lot, and we all know that economics drives the willingness to communicate in foreign languages, so the point is probably moot. The fact that one man in that position actually made a stand that wasn't PC is probably the only real story here. But it's a nice one.

anti 2nd amendment

View my Photos
randywatson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-10-09          146691

Just another thought, in both Austrailia and Brittan after gun confiscation violent crime rates sky rocketed, go figure.

Less guns = more crime, more guns = less crime.

criminals and tyrants prefer unarmed victims.

will the uninformed ever learn? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login