Go Bottom Go Bottom

Where did Murf go

View my Photos
BigJohn
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-02-26          50089

Let me begin by way of an introduction, my name is John and I am the GM of Operations for a group of companies, owned & operated by a member of this group, "Murf".

I have been receiving many e-mails from his "e-friends" the last few months because of his disappearance from this, as well as several other user-group boards.

Unfortunately, I am the bearer of bad news, late last fall while away hunting at the family hunt camp, Murf suffered a massive heart attack.

The situation was made even worse by the fact that it occured while he was out in the bush, alone on a deer stand. He was discovered some time later by another person in the group when he failed to respond to radio calls. He was several hours from medical assistance even after he was found. He has been in a convalescent center since just before Christmas, and is due to go home very soon, to recuperate there for several more months.

He has been asking for a laptop so he could get on-line for some time, however they are not allowed in the hospital, so he has had myself, and other members of the staff, dropping in here to make reports to him on the goings-on here. He asked me to explain his absence so as not to offend you, his friends, by his absence.

I'm sure he will be back with you all here in short order.

John.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Where did Murf go

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-02-26          50095

God bless him. Give him our best. Tell him to get his raggedy butt out of that sack and back on a tractor as soon as possible.
Life is waiting. Ain't much of that going on in a convalescent hospital.

Where did Murf go

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-02-26          50114

I miss his expertise and opinions; good luck to him.
Bill ....

Where did Murf go

View my Photos
JerryGoucher

2003-02-26          50121

Wow, I had missed Murf but had thought that he was really busy again or out of the country. It never occured to me that he might be haveing a med problem. I think that I can say that everyone here misses him. I would like to wish him a speedy recovery and hope that he returns to JPlan quickly. ....

Where did Murf go

View my Photos
Billy

2003-02-26          50123

That goes for me too. Wish him well from all of us.

Billy ....

Where did Murf go

View my Photos
dsg

2003-02-26          50132

Missing his wisdom and sense of humor.

David ....

Where did Murf go

View my Photos
Peters

2003-02-26          50138

I was wondering about Murf the other day as a new member was writing in to get peoples background. Up until last year we had a cottage near Aspley Ont., which Murf had mentioned last summer.
It is a little difficult to get to from here. Sorry to here of his heart attack, but glad to hear that he made it.
We had a number of close calls in our family in the woods.
Hunting alone is not something I would recommend. Last year someone down the road was hunting in a tree stand and fell. His safety caught him but he spent the day hanging by his feet. He survived, for a while, but only about a month after the accident. ....

Where did Murf go

View my Photos
TomG

2003-02-27          50165

John: Thanks for the note. I'm sure everybody here is happy Murf can look forward to going home. His participation has been missed. ....

Where did Murf go

View my Photos
Randy Eckard

2003-02-27          50171

Thanks for the info about Murf. He was definately a wealth of information on many subjects. Being a Mech Eng myself I very much liked his explanation of different questions.

I have also been wondering where Roger Loving has been. He was on the same level as Murf.
Randy ....

Where did Murf go

View my Photos
StephenR

2003-02-27          50176

God be with you Murf. Hurry back. ....

Where did Murf go

View my Photos
Walt20

2003-03-07          50737

Murf, Get back ASAP. We need your advise. ....

Where did Murf go

View my Photos
Murf

2003-03-14          51138

Well friends, first of all I would like to extend my deepest thanks for all who sent well-wishes during my recent bout with reality... They say you never realize how many friends you have until it's too late, well, it almost was, but my friends showed en masse, and I thank all you for your support, it was a great moral-lifter.

I'm back home now, a little weak & wobbly, but, home at last.

I will have a little more time for you, my friends here on the 'board', now that I'm a man of leisure. While it will be a little while before I'm allowed to do any heavy work, I intend to get out in the shop (or Toy Box as I call it) and tinker as soon as the Doctor says it's OK, and the wife isn't looking, hehehe.....

BTW, my mind has been busy even when the rest of me has been idle, I have come up with a few ideas for home-brewed implements which I hope to start on shortly, I will keep you up-to-date, and PLEASE if you have any problems feel free to ask for suggestions, etc., I really need to get doing SOMETHING.....

Best of Luck, Murf. ....

Where did Murf go

View my Photos
Peters

2003-03-14          51146

Glad to see the fingers are moving again. Happy to see you are back. I'll be able to slack off on my posts.
Peters ....

Where did Murf go

View my Photos
TomG

2003-03-15          51187

Real happy to see you back Murf. From what we heard here it sounds like having a radio was very fortunate. I know about deer stations and being hours from anywhere and I think few groups around here use radios. I'll probably talk up the idea next fall. The township got a bunch of inexpensive (family something or another radios) last summer for us volunteer fire fighters. ....

Where did Murf go

View my Photos
cutter

2003-04-02          52480

Welcome back, Murf. I did not realize this had happened to you until tonight upon a rare visit back here. Been very busy and have had little opportunity to chat around. Received a call at work Monday, my dad had stopped breathing at his home and the ambulance was transporting him to the hospital some 12 miles away. By the time I arrived from my city office, he was gone. It was his birthday, 76 years old. He had just eaten some of his cake and sat down in his chair, died just like that. Last time I had talked to him was about three weeks ago when I was there to unplug his sink drain. I had missed him Sunday when I dropped off his card and a birthday present. Times like these are when we realize our own mortality, and perhaps regret not telling people how much we care about them. Welcome back Murf, I am glad you are OK. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login