TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-25          121714

Hope you've all had a great day.
Anybody get any Tractor toys today?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

CHRISTMAS DAY 2005

View my Photos
ncrunch32
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-25          121715

I received a John Deere calendar, a John Deere clock at work that makes me about jump outta my chair every hour. I also received the go-ahead from my wife to buy a JD snow plow I found in the local want_ad_digest - but it was sold when I called up about it! It was a nice to see all the sisters, nieces and nephews. ....

CHRISTMAS DAY 2005

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-25          121720

My youngest daughter gave me a tin of John Deere ginger snaps. Now I have something to dunk in my John Deere coffee cup while sitting at my computer with my feet nice n toasty on my John Deere rug. ;O) ....

CHRISTMAS DAY 2005

View my Photos
harvey

2005-12-26          121727

New XM MyFi system to replace my CD player that tends to skip a lot B4 it finially gave up.

This has the built in antenna receiver and a small clip on antenna, besides the regular vehicle/home mounts. Gotta spend some time with it to check the receptions. The 5 hour record in very nice.

At the moment Mr. W Nelson, My Hero's have always been Cowboys is playing... CRYSTAL FRIGGIN CLEAR... It's a big step up for livin out in the sticks. ....

CHRISTMAS DAY 2005

View my Photos
lbrown59

2005-12-26          121731

My wife gave me a gift certificate to buy lights for my tractor.
I've picked them out but haven't picked them up yet.
That was more than I expected as I didn't ask for anything.

Spent a couple hours at my brothers for supper .
2 of his kids and their families were there. A great time was had by all.
The greatest blessing I got - given in the true spirit of CHRISTMAS.
Saturday evening my wife went to town and her truck quit on her.
She couldn't get me at home so she called my brother and he brought her home.
We went to look at the truck and I found the alternator belt had broken wrapped itself around the motor pulley tying itself into a knot which threw off the fan belt.
The only belt left was the A/C belt. Here I was with no fan or alternator meaning a 40 or 50 dollar tow bill to get it to a repair garage plus another 40 or 50 bucks to a mechanic to install new belts.
We left her truck and drove over to a garage I knew of.
When I told the guy my problem he said if I would get the belts he would gather up some tools and go to the truck and put the belts on it there so as to save me A tow bill.
Just try getting a mechanic to make a house call. They don't like to do that because like he said 9 times out of 10 you get to the vehicle and discover you didn't bring every thing you needed no matter how many tools you brought.
Guess what the first thing he needed when we got to the truck was a wrench he didn't bring.
We were just getting back into his van to go back to his shop to get the wrench when the guy living in the house across the street from where my truck was parked asked if we need any tools.
We told hem we were just headed back to the mechanics garage to get a wrench. The guy said I have it and any other tools you might need. HE said just pull your truck around back so I did and he had the garage door open motioning me to pull right into his garage,
The mechanic and this guy both worked installing the belts.
When the job was finished the mechanic thanked the guy and I asked him what I owed him.
He said nothing. I was just trying to help out.
When we went back to the mechanics garage and he was putting his tools back I asked him what do I owe you he said you don't owe me a thing.
To me this is a Christmas story I'll never forget.

CHRISTMAS DAY 2005

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-12-26          121734

I received a random orbiter polisher. It could be used on the tractor, right? Sure.... ....

CHRISTMAS DAY 2005

View my Photos
oneace

2005-12-26          121765

I knew there were still a few good people in this world they are just getting few and far between. You are lucky you found two in one night. Glad to here every thing worked out. ....

CHRISTMAS DAY 2005

View my Photos
lbrown59

2005-12-26          121767

I knew there were still a few good people in this world they are just getting few and far between.
oneace
============
Yes and that makes them an even greater treasure. ....

CHRISTMAS DAY 2005

View my Photos
beagle

2005-12-27          121774

Wife got me a heater for the cab and attempted to get the alternator upgrade for the tractor. The dealer sold her the same stock dynamo that came with the tractor.

Now I need to do the exchange/return game, after I get the dealer educated on what she was attempring to buy.

We had a great Christmas. Both boys home from college for the holidays, both Deans List ( mechanical engineering, naval architecture ). That's all the Christams we need around here. ....

CHRISTMAS DAY 2005

View my Photos
AnnBrush

2005-12-27          121785

Merry Christmas to you all.
Had a great Chrissy, family made it over in time for Christmas Day (father in-law pilots for UPS - 747's so you are never sure if he will make it). Biggest bonus - did not have to spend all day in the kitchen - WOW! ....

CHRISTMAS DAY 2005

View my Photos
Iowafun

2006-01-01          122088

Merry Christmas Everyone - a bit late. I was out of town. Made it all the way to Fargo. But then had to do a sudden packup and bail when I saw the snow storm moving in. Guess I should have checked the weather the night before. Oops. I'm finally back home after 8 days on the road with the wife and baby.

In-laws got me a 3/4" drive socket set for working on tractors. Not much else to report. Merry Christmas!

P.S. - I told people to not get me anything. They still did. My thought was "I have become my parents" as I worked the jigsaw puzzle to see how I was going to fit me, my wife, baby, all the gear, 2 large dogs and all the gifts the baby received into the Expedition for the trip home. I didn't need a Uhaul, but it was tight. I even bought tie-downs to use INSIDE to hold everything together. Argh!! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login