Go Bottom Go Bottom

Pallet Forks

View my Photos
MyOutdoors
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-29          67472

I'm looking for a set of Pallet forks for my Century 2028. I have a C30 FEL. Are there any quick attach pallet forks out there? The Century brand prices are a little steep. I can get the quick plates for $125, I just need a set of forks. Thanks in advance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Pallet Forks

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-29          67475

Define "a little steep".

I just bought a set of Rankin forks for my Deere and the price was $600, I can't imagine them going much cheaper than that, unless you weld up a set yourself.

Pics # 19 and 20. ....

Pallet Forks

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-29          67478

Just to give you a sense of price range the fork kit for the John Deere 430 loader is $1005.50. Now that is more to my line of thinking as steep! ;-) If interested the part # for the kit is BW15039. Oh by the way the fork kit weighs over 412 lbs. so that kills nearly 50% of your lift capability. Those Rankin forks are lookin' better all the time! ;-) ....

Pallet Forks

View my Photos
MyOutdoors

2003-10-31          67673

The Century forks were $1150. I agree...that's steep! I went with the Great Bend Forks and will have the quick plates welded on. Total cost was $825 for forks and plates. Still steep in my book. I guess the Century aren't the European design like the JD and BH's so I can't just throw on the skid steer stuff. Thanks for the info. ....

Pallet Forks

View my Photos
TomG

2003-11-01          67695

I don't know what features these forks have. If a person is actually moving pallets frequently, 3-piece forks, a swinging carriage and sliding width adjustment are handy. These features might run up the price on models that have them. Guess I could add a backrest as a desirable feature.

For moving pallets, it can be a little tough to hit the notches and get the fork tips to run under the pallet with rigid forks (and then get the pallet off the forks). The notches on pallets may be different widths too. It's handy to be able to tilt loads that may not be banded against a backrest and not have to worry about stuff falling off the back and maybe onto the tractor. For those kinds of needs extra money for extra features may be worth it. ....

Pallet Forks

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-01          67712

From the looking around I have done; I think Mark has nailed the bargain buy on forks with the Rankin forks. ....

Pallet Forks

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2003-11-01          67717

When I got my NH tractor and loader, I wanted quick attach options and a good set of forks. I opted for the industry standard quick attach plate and the forks that I got are the ones used on a NH skid steer loader. The quick attach plate option on the loader was >$300 and the forks cost $950 or so. They are very nice with shot-pin width adjustment locks and long slender forks rated beyond the loader capacity. They are easy to adjust. They do add >300# to the loader and they do cut down on the peak capacity by that amount. ....

Pallet Forks

View my Photos
Johnno

2003-11-04          67997

When I bought my 4310 last month I got a set of Horst pallet forks. Horst is an attachment company that makes attachments for fel's. They fit the JD 430 quick-attach plate perfectly and they even came in JD green! You can't tell the difference unless you look at the two prices, JD $1000, Horst $700. My dealer is actually a Horst dealer so it worked out. ....

Pallet Forks

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-11-04          67999

Just got a price of $625 from my dealer on a set of Rankin pallet forks that connect directly to the 430 loader quick-attach brackets. A heck of a lot better price than the JD forks. This price jives with what others have been saying about the Rankin forks. ....

Pallet Forks

View my Photos
Cutnfill

2003-11-06          68149

KW

Who makes that grapple bucket setup that's on your loader in the picture? What did it cost if you don't mind me asking. ....

Pallet Forks

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-11-06          68152

Cutnfill, the grapple is called a BoDozer and is made by Borgford. See the attached link. Mine is a model BG-5 (5-footer) and it is one beefy implement. The tines are 1" thick steel and it weighs about 600 lbs. I love this thing for rolling up slash and piling it in burn piles, moving heavy rocks, and moving fallen trees without loading them up with dirt (hard on chainsaw chains).

I'm not exactly sure how much one of these would cost direct since mine was part of a bundled package, but my guess is it would be about $2300. You would need a third SCV to operate the "thumb" of the grapple.

If you're interested, give Dale Borgford a call and tell him you saw it here! He seems like a great guy. ....

Link:   Borgford Grapples

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login