Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC 33 overheating

View my Photos
peabody
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-11          110924

I have a TC33 with 1400 hours on it. When I mow and get just a little grass on the screen in front off the rad, it will heat up just a little. It usally runs right on the beginning white line of the last green block (on the gauge). When I get just a little grass on the screen it will move the gauge into the last bar of green half way to the red, which is only about a 1/8 inch on the gauge. At this point rad fluid will start to come out my overflow hose. Do i have a bad cap? Is this normal, it doesn't seem like there is enought "room" for this engine to heat up a little more than normal. I have to keep the screen clear, like 3 times just to cut my yard.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC 33 overheating

View my Photos
thrasher

2005-05-11          110930

I do not have a TC33 I also have not seen my TC45 do this either and I have had the front screen clogged w/ combination of dirt, leaves and grass. If it did heat up at all it was not noticable. My machine has quite a bit less hours too. I do know that hydraulic fluid will expand quite a bit when heated. Have you checked the volume after it has cooled back down? You may be slightly over filling the hydraulics. Especially if filling w/ cold oil while the tractor has been sitting cold. ....

TC 33 overheating

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-11          110931

A couple of years ago there were some problems with some NH compact tractors where the fan could contact the radiator in certain chassis flex conditions and flatten the radiator fins. You might inspect the engine side of your radiator to see if the fins are damaged. ....

TC 33 overheating

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-11          110941

My TC29 dribbles a little antifreeze out of the overflow pretty much all of the time. By the end of last year it took a pint or so of antifreeze to bring it back to level...which it is now spewing out slowly again. I've decided not to worry about it; although the radiator cap would be the first place I'd look. I've never noticed it overheating though; I don't pay any attention to the front screen unless I'm brush hogging in tall and thick field grass.

Good luck,
Bill ....

TC 33 overheating

View my Photos
thrasher

2005-05-11          110943

Hey, disregard the reply about your hydraulics. Brain Fart. I was wondering to myself how in the world your engine would get your hydraulic that warm. It must be running HOT! :) Anyway good luck. ....

TC 33 overheating

View my Photos
AnnBrush

2005-05-11          110965

Check your thermostat!! It may not be opening up completely, as such the amount of coolant routed to the radiator would be reduced and its temperature far more sensitive to a restricted air flow. ....

TC 33 overheating

View my Photos
peabody

2005-05-12          110980

I changed the tstate last year, i think I am going to get a new cap this weekend. ....

TC 33 overheating

View my Photos
treeman

2005-05-13          111024

Pull the screen off and use an air compressor to blow from the back side. I use a blow gun that is about 18" long and has a rubber tip. The stock radiator has 12 fins per inch and was found to plug up with debris. Replacement radiators (PN86402723)have 8.5 fins per inch and shouldn't plug as often. This change was effective with serial number G039046. ....

TC 33 overheating

View my Photos
poorfarm444

2005-06-09          112110

My tractor had about 1/2 the hours of yours when I noticed alot of dirt build up in the radiator fins. about 50% of the gaps were filled with dirt/dust/seeds/etc. I just cleaned it out with a hose. You may want to check that too and clean if necessary ....

TC 33 overheating

View my Photos
peabody

2005-06-09          112111

Yeah, I clean that a few times a month. ....

TC 33 overheating

View my Photos
earthwrks

2005-06-24          112699

While you are there cleaning the radiator, might as well inspect the two rubber elbows at the hydraulic fluid cooler. Any cracks or spilts is a baaaad thing! Mine went at around 200 hours. My dealer had several sets in stock so what's that tell you? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login