Go Bottom Go Bottom

What are you paying for Roundup Glyphosate

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-27          110418

I need to buy about five gallons of glyphosate concentrate for blackberry and scotch broom control. Last year I bought a half gallon of roundup concentrate from Home Despot for around $70-80, but I don't want to spend $800 for five gallons. Where do you guys find the best deals on chemicals? Is there a good place to buy online? I expect shipping of a heavy item would eat up most of the savings from an online purchase.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-27          110420

I stopped at the local farm coop that I buy my propane from for my home heating. Bought a 2 gallon container of concentrate for I think less than $50. You may want to stop in and see what they have to offer. ....

View my Photos
StephenR

2005-04-27          110422

I believe the patent for Round Up has expired. Yesterday my wife picked up Nu Farm Brand, Credit Extra glyphosate concentrate (41%) 2 1/2 gal for $40. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-04-27          110423

I wish we had a farm coop in the area. According to the online yellow pages the nearest one is about 150 miles away. No shortage of big box stores though. Lowes and HD both carry name brand high priced stuff. I've seen generics online but the shipping is high. The nearest nursery is high too. But this is good info. If you guys are getting it for around $25/gallon it gives me a price to shoot for. ....

View my Photos
Billy

2005-04-27          110424

Ken, I used to by Round Up for $125 for a 2 1/2 gal jug, at the local farmer's co-op. I switched to the generic. Same active ingredient, same size jug and same 41% concentrate for 49 bucks and some change. ....

View my Photos
AnnBrush

2005-04-27          110427

Generic glyphosate 43%, 2.5 gal for $41 ....

View my Photos
denwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-27          110445

That 40 something price is what I see for 2 1/2 gallons around me for Credit Extra. I cannot believe any one still buys Roundup for $120, but there is no shortage of idiots to buy it and they keep selling it for that price, and I deal with wholesale Nursery suppiers, not places that an unsuspecting homeowner will get shafted, but the so called professionals. ....

View my Photos
drcjv.

2005-05-25          111501

Lowe's just had a special 2 quarts of NO PEST same formula as round up for $15.98 so $31.96 for a gallon. Cheapest I have seen. I also saw it at Olies for the same price. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login