Go Bottom Go Bottom

KUBOTA Tractor Trouble Free Quality

View my Photos
not happy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-01-06          47029

Look real hard before you buy a kubota. It has been a real nightmare.The BX 22 I have is falling apart with only 100 hrs on it. The dealers for the most part are scammers. The company is the worst i have ever delt with. They do not stand by there warranty. I now have to hire a lawyer to get it fixed.Here are the problems, delivered with half the pins and bushings on the loader missing, seat falls off with operator on it, hydraulics constantly leaking, the ignition key falls out when the engine is running, the loader is only working 50%(bad hydraulic ram). If you try bringing the machine to any other dealer than the one you bought it from . They will do or say any thing to keep from doing warranty work. If you are considering buying a Kubota good luck,you are going to need it.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
marklugo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-01-06          47031

Kubota's reputation largely has been built upon flawed evidence. Their rise to fame followed the surge in popularity of the Japanese cars. This is when baby boomers started moving out of suburbia into the rural areas and bought 5 acres of land to "farm". They looked for the Japanese brands to match their Japanese cars. They had little or no understanding of tractors. The Kubotas were smaller and less scary than the big three. This was perfect. Many a tractor was bought because it looked good in the garage next to the Honda. They also had the high level of fit and finish. Little thought was given to actual ability of the tractor let alone the durability of the tractor.
I have farmed the Kubota tractors alongside Massey Ferguson Ford/Newholland and John Deere. The Kubotas were under-powered and under designed. The same work was issued to all brands and the Kubotas failed time and again when the red, blue and green never wavered. I know this will make orange owners see red but, several Kubota dealer friends told me that they are hesitant to sell Kubotas to real farmers. When a tractor has the potential of lots of use, the Kubotas wear quicker and have more problems. I have some friends who wouldn't listen to me and bought Kubotas for the farm. They either overheated or were not powerful enough or had various mechanical problems. One fellow lost $10k in 6 months when he went to sell it because he hated it so bad. It was overheating pulling a haybaler rated for that size tractor. He went back to Deutz.

They are fine for non load situations. They are quite, clean, comfortable and smooth tractors. There is no argument here. It is fine for yard and garden work.
Real performance and heavy use is the question. A true tractors test is to put 1500 hours or more in a year. Most Kubota owners average 100 or less. Some don't even receive 20hrs. a year. That is why I say the Kubota's reputation is built upon flawed evidence.

Incidentally, the tractor, regardless of brand is no better than the dealer that services it. ....

View my Photos
deerefan

2003-01-06          47032

I think the problem lies with your dealer of record on the tractor and not the manufacturer. I would like to clarify a few points raised in this posting:

1. Deere doesn't even make their own tractors in the compact market. They "assemble" some of them from parts made overseas. There is no secret that Yanmar has made whole tractors and components for years for Deere.
2. The other 'majors' are also having their components made for them. Kubota, to my knowledge, is the last major still manufacturing their tractors from top to bottom.
3. When you get to larger HP tractors Deere and others do a wonderful job because that is what they are developed for. There is not nearly the need for large HP tractors overseas as there is in North America and some areas of South America. Therefore, the Asian manufacturers don't R&D for large HP tractors.
4. It would be incredibly foolish for you to judge a manufacturer based on one incident. I have bought several vehicles from the Big 3 and have had problems with all of them (Less with Ford by the way). I have found that the dealer you use is generally the problem (or solution).

In summary, don't judge an entire market based upon on incident. Write your concerns down and present them to your dealer. Unless you have abused the equipment, you should find resolution quickly. And don't forget- EVERYTHING depreciates the moment it leaves the lot!!!!

BTW: I have owned several Deere's over the years and am now ready to convert to an Orange tractor. The are just better for my application. ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-01-06          47033

Marklugo, Last time this guy logged in here he said he had a different model.
To "Not Happy": Time to clear the air. If you have a real complaint about a real tractor you should not be ashamed to identify yourself or where you live and the evil dealer in question.
So cough it up or quit screwing around.
Defecate, or discommode. ....

View my Photos
DavesTractor

2003-01-06          47036

I sell grey market Yanmars and Iseki's and new Bransons ( I say this so you know I am not biased toward Kubota), but to be fair I will say that many of the large orchardist around here use the big Kubota's to run 10 to 14' flail mowers. They put on over 500 hrs a year and are quite proud of them. They seem to hold up well and have good resale value even with high hours. ....

View my Photos
marklugo

2003-01-06          47038

Kubota makes tractors up to 120 HP. Their line is large enough to cover most of sizes of the tractors sold in the US. I am not dealing with the point of origin of tractors. This is well known. Most compacts are from Japan regardless of name. However, Kubota design has become inbred just for the reason stated: It is its own.
Deere NH and others have the Japan companies meet their spec. on tractors. It is synergy that help these companies. It is worth noting the comparison of weight and features compared to Kubota.
What I farmed with was in the 50hp range for the tractors I mentioned, above the compact line. But I have the same stories to tell about the compact series. I have seen it time and again. It isn't isolated. I ran an offset cultivating Kubota next to a late model offset IH. The IH had Japan components
as well but it was the Kubota that had the front end fall out of it several times. It was the Kubota that had steering problems after a couple years use (Who would use nylon in a tie rod end on a tractor any way?)
It was the Kubota that had spindle problems etc. Believe it or not the then V.P. of Kubota America ( a Japanese American) came to our farm with Japanese engineers and were shocked at the survivability of the Kubotas in real world use. They also used our farm to test the prototype of the latest B series.

You are correct about the dealer. However, what constitutes abuse? A weak, poorly designed tractor will appear abused long before a well made one. Most good tractor companies try to give the dealer and customer the benefit of the doubt and will work with tough cases. It is in everyone's interest. One unsatisfied customer leads to another. Abuse is in the eyes of the beholder.

Dealers are occasionally responsible for some abuse cases. The claims made to sell a tractor lead to use for undesirable operation. In other words, A dealer will state that a tractor will do "something". While it may indeed do "something" as dealer states, it may not be designed or intended for that action in repetition.

Worth noting: Kubota will not sell several of it's tractors in Nebraska, where they are subjected by law to a University of Nebraska test. There they are evaluated for operation to Manufacturers specification. They are tested for pulling, Hp, durability and other objective tests that are standardized for all tractors. Any failures and deficiencies are notated.
Why won't they? ....

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-01-06          47053

Mark, Which tractors does Kubota sell in Nebraska ?

Just curious.

Ben

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-01-06          47058

Subjected to the the University of Nebraska tractor tests heh???? What a JOKE. Does the University of Nebraska charge money for the tests that the manufacturer HAS do DO In ORDER to comply with the LAW??? I am betting the UNiv of Nebraska charges. When was the last time a college did anything for free. It would be a COLD day in Hades before I would pay a college Professor money to test my tractor line. If college professors are so dam smart why aren't they working for tractor manufacturers? I wouldn't put the value of Enron stock in a University approved tractor testing program. I wonder if the the University of Michigan could come up with a "PAY ME NOW" car testing program if State Law required the testing of cars and trucks in order to qualify for the market place. Go Tell GM or Ford their product has to be tested by U of M before they can sell them in Michigan and see how loud they laugh at you. Good for Kubota telling the State of Nebraska to go pound sand, I would do the same thing. No wonder why Nebraska hasn't any professional sports like the NFL, NBA, NHL, or MLB, because they are too busy charging for tractor certification. ....

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-01-06          47059

Not siding with anyone, However the University of Nebraska Tractor testing is THE standard testing fac in the US for AG tractors and has been for many years. I guess the CUT's have just not been tested by them.

Yes they do charge money, but so does Underwriters Labs and for the products you see UL approved on ( required by law in some places ). Plumbing supplies have a similiar arrangement. Auto's and various parts of them have to be crash tested, brake, sealt belts and airbags, and mileage tested, I am not sure but I bet the auto industry pays for that and passes the costs on the the buyers of their products. It costs money ( at a private lab ) to have any telecommunications devices sold in this country to be certified by the FCC. Canada has a similiar arrangement.

It is the early stages of the privatization of our government. Who knows in a few years HR Block may be collecting our income taxes.

View my Photos
dcsmith02

2003-01-06          47062

I just sold a 1973 L175 Kubota. I don't know exactly the hours on it but I would estimate around 9000. It always started and ran well. I just bought a brand new B7500. I have around 70 hrs on it with no complaints. Just my 2 cents. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2003-01-06          47063

Slowrev well you are partly right. U of N data has been used to establish tractor performance since 1919, personally I would say that that is a lot of years.
It was started as a collaboration between a farmer and a engineering proff. and to a greater of lessor extent has remained as such. It is really non-profit consumer testing. ....

View my Photos
sonnyjones

2003-01-06          47065

I don't think your judgement is correct. I have a L2550 with some 1200 hours since new, all trouble free and I have worked the tractor in the most extreme conditions. I beleive in Kubota and I also own a JD855 hyd. unit. the kubota's in florida all stand up well and the dealer backs them up. You just don't see orange in the shop, only in the yards and fields. Your wrong to blame orange, GET THE KUBOTA'S AREA FIELD REP. AND TALK TO HIM , GO OVER THE DEALER a orange and green friend. sonny jones ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-01-06          47067

Hey folks, lets keep in mind that this is the second thread this guy has started with the same complaints.

I have a BX and if there are bushings missing from the loader you've got to bust some pretty impressive welds to remove them.
If the pins are missing the loader simply is not attached to the tractor.
If the lynch pins are gone, well any old piece of coat hanger can take the place of a lynch pin.
So what exactly is this jokester saying and doing here?

Bend over and check your ankles for fingerprints. ....

View my Photos
marklugo

2003-01-06          47068

The state of Nebraska started requiring tests on tractors to be sold in the state as stated. The funny side bar to the story is that a senator from Nebraska bought a Ford tractor and it was a piece of junk with shoddy workmanship. He apparently gave Ford a piece of his mind. Ford replied in a defensive manner. He brought before the state legislation that required all tractors to be tested for performance and it was passed. Come to find out, there were more than one "Ford" tractor on the market and he had the "other" one, not FOMOCO, Fordson. This was a completely different company with the same family name and were producing crude, disasterous tractors. Since then all tractor companies take it as a matter of pride to perform well at the test. A test 10 years ago cost $25,000 per tractor. Not sure now.
There has always been a tell tale sign of a poor performing tractor and it has been always marked"not for sale in the state of Nebraska". (Usually due to over advertised horsepower)
A rule of thumb: A tractor cannot have more than a 10% loss in HP from the engine rating to the PTO rating. Hydraulic PTO allow a 15% loss in power. Want to smell something fishy? Run the numbers on your tractors!

To verify this, most Kubota dealers have a tractor chart hanging on a wall of the tractor line. Go read the fine print about the Nebraska test. I am not making this up. I have several Kubota dealer friends and it is in all of their dealerships. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2003-01-06          47073

First of all it seem most of his problems relate to the loader which are not necessarily manufactured by Kubota, but probably made here and spray painted orange. We had a similar problem related to the board on a Kioti. We have had a number of posts on the JD loaders also. I would be upset also, but mostly with the dealer not the tractor.
The second point which is more valid is the fact that Kubotas do not hold up as well as the larger tractors of other makes (MarkL). Personally I would think that the tractors hold up as well as the other makes (Japanese). Discussions in regards to this in the past kind of changed my opinions but?
When I started looking for my first compact a number of years ago a JD dealer in Indiana (farm country) stated that in his experience the small (yanmars) were not highly reliable beyond 2000. To put this in prospective this is about the equivalent of 100,000 miles. A large truck diesel is considered junk these days if they can not get more than 1,000,000 miles and untold hours at idle. A farmer is not interested in a tractor that will not be running for 10,000 hrs with out problems.
Now my question is if these tractor are that reliable then why is there a grey market for Japanese tractors with less than 2000 hrs?
I have seen some high hour small tractors in this area, mostly JD as they use them on the cat fish ponds. But that is only the engines and sitting in place, fairly easiy hours except for the temperature out side. ....

View my Photos
marklugo

2003-01-06          47075

Kubotas loaders are manufactured in Gainesville Georgia at Kubota of America facilities with designs straight from the corporate designers ....

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-01-06          47076

Peters,
I am confused, The CUT JD's are Yanmars, Was he trying to sell you a larger tractor ?

View my Photos
Art White

2003-01-07          47080

I think that anyone who states a claim and won't put a name to it is bogus! I agree with Mark here totally. I could total all our repairs to the BX loaders and they don't equal what this individual says he has wrong with one unit. On the coments of Nebraska testing. It is expensive and it does often take years to get scheduled in. This according to Case-IH, NOT Kubota. Many manufacturers have introduced tractors and not had them tested for several years afterwards. Thus, they couldn't sell them in Nebraska. The other area that might make a difference is the cost to test a tractor that doesn't have market potential in that state, why do it to begin with? I can't think of a single tractor company that is in business today that hasn't made mistakes with tractor designs or the market. I won't even go there! But I do believe this guy is a loose cannon, I know he hasn't asked us to straighten his tractor out if he owns one to begin with, truth be known his finacing probably didn't get approved to buy one!!!!! ....

View my Photos
Billy

2003-01-07          47082

I usually don't add to posts like this, since it is bullchit. This guy is just trying to get something started. The good thing is no one fell into his trap. I own a JD but only because I have an excellent dealer and he's close (and also believe it's a fine tractor). I myself believe Kubota is a great tractor company. As far as saying they are the best, I wouldn't say that about any of them.

Some people think just because they own a specific brand of tractor, they have the best. The most important thing is are you happy with your purchase. If you are, then it doesn't matter what someone else thinks or says. That is unless they want to make the payments for you. It's kind of like 'put up or shut up'

Billy

View my Photos
JohnMiller,III

2003-01-07          47112

The amount of problems you’ve described are unheard of normally… unless one pushes the unit beyond its intended design limitations…
What type of work have you been using your 17 PTO hp sub-compact tractor for…? Anyone can experience a problem, no matter what “color” it is… but if you’ve been using your BX22 as a wheel loader and excavator… Well… it ain’t gonna work…

View my Photos
Morgan

2003-01-07          47130

If all the Kubota owners are young urbanites who want a Japanese tractor next to their Honda, like you say, I'd wonder if you are right. But a lot of Kubota owners are old farmers some of whom are WWII vets and the fact that they were Japanese was a major point AGAINST Kubota. What WWII vet would buy a Jap tractor? But these old guys who did buy them swear by them, and lots of the old farmers say they are good tractors IN SPITE OF being Japtors.

But compact tractors are not as durable as full size, all the parts are smaller. That's why they are cheaper. You get what you pay for, don't compare a 20 HP Japtor with a big rig ....

View my Photos
not happy

2003-01-08          47143

If anyone thinks the problem I have with the BX-22 is bull, call Kubota at there head quarters in torrance.

Talk to a Mr Kris, he sent me the right parts two months after I bought it. He's the one who told me the dealer I bought it from was an excellent dealer, because they sold so many units in 02.

The dealer was MB TRACTOR & EQUIPMENT in plaistow NH.

Look Kubota could be the best tractor in the world , mabey I received the only bad one.

And to the punk who said I could not afford a kubota you could not afford the sweat of my (XXXX!, commented out by Board Moderator) ....

View my Photos
larry

2003-01-08          47150

You should ditch your Kubota buy something else & try to be happy again.
If it's junk get rid of it ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-01-08          47152

not happy: Do you still have your kindergarten report cards? I want to know if they ever checked the box that says "Plays well with others."
As to the "punk" you refer to he is a well respected Kubota dealer in your region, and a pillar of experience on this tractor board.
Maybe if you towel off your nether regions, take a deep breath and call him and talk nice, he could help you with your problem. His ad is right here >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

His name is Art, My name is Mark. What is your name? ....

View my Photos
marklugo

2003-01-08          47153

Morgan,
My grandfather fought in WWII and drove Datsun and Nissan.

I am willing to admit that some older farmers have bought Kubota. If you circulate in the world of tractor sales, you'll have a lot of broad-cross industry perspective.

Reps from opposing companies frequently meet other reps while traveling the amber waves of grain at various expos, field days and dealerships. They take use the opportunity to get together and talk about plans, problems, and strategy. Mind you that real hard core company secrets are given away unless of course there has been a lot of drinking. I am telling the truth.

I was working for NH when they introduced the boomer. Where did you think the name came from? its sound quality? They told us that the boomer was designed on the basis that their belief was that wives usually okayed the purchase of items in the discretionary income. The engineer said they designed the tractor to "look good in the two car garage sitting beside the Mercedes and Honda."

Farmers don't keep their cars in the garage let alone their tractors. Kubota is no different. I was in a Kubota dealership yesterday and he was telling me Kubota sales are way down while his Massey Fergusen sales were way up. He could only guess that some of the reason was because it real farmers are finally getting back to buying tractors and Kubotas won't cut it.

Many people don't understand that Kubota sells tractors up to 120HP. Fergusen offers 231 series in the same price range as Kubota compacts. There is not alot of difference in size as the compact series. But a whole lot of difference in build. He said real farmers don't want to buy them. I could repeat this conversation that I have had with other dealers. ....

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-01-08          47158

Fellers, could we please just end this thread. It seems to be going no where and just degenerating into a big fuss. Lets all just agree to disagree and go on.

Just my opinion though.

Ben

View my Photos
Yerbyra

2003-01-08          47167

I have enjoyed reading everyones messages posted in these forums,they have been very infomative and respctfully helpful.As for Not Happy,don't ruin the genuine help you can recieve through these discussions. Rick ....

View my Photos
KIOTIMAN

2003-01-08          47169

NOT HAPPY, i feel for ya man, my best buddy is a bx owner and has had his bx in 4 times for warrenty work, they told him hydro lines are made to leak. he is also disappointed in the tractors power. As J miller said the bx is not a work horse. Good luck! ....

View my Photos
drgavin

2003-01-08          47172

I agree with the last post."Not Happy" should just sell his
toy and move on.Point taken.YOU are not happy with orange.
Ok..move on.
What concerns me is this.Are tractor owners going the way of "Harley Snobs"? You know the type:maniac brand loyalty at all costs..the hell with everyone else.
I respect the people that respect other people and the choices they make. ....

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-01-08          47195

Geez aren't we testy on this thread? I have never been a fan of the BX tractors. They fill a need for some folks I'm sure but my needs and money aren't fulfilled by the SUB-compact BX tractor. I have referred to this tractor in the past as a tinker toy tractor. Small on features and big on price. I think dollar for dollar a person could get better VALUE and utility by paying a little more money for the b7500, b2410 or 2710. But......thats just my opinion and I could be wrong..................nah. ....

View my Photos
Morgan

2003-01-09          47205

BX are not tractors. They are lawn mowers. ....

View my Photos
Joe in VA

2003-01-09          47209

I totally disagree with the claim that Kubota's are junk. Maybe I am a yuppie (born in 1956, used to make well into six figures), but on my 20 acre farm, 10 of which are cut-flower beds, my Kubota L3000DT is the hardest working tool I'd got. It have never failed me. I've used Deere, Fords and Masseys in the past, and am sold on Kubota: quality of workmanship, performance, and yes, even my dealer comes through for me. Sorry you had such a difficult and unsatisfying experience. I'm also sorry for those of you hate yuppies as much as Kubotas. By the way, I drive an American truck, not Japonese. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-01-09          47217

I have owned (and worn out) a lot of lawn mowers in my time. This is the first lawnmower I have ever had that can dig a hole six feet deep. ....

View my Photos
larry

2003-01-09          47221

Yes I'll put my 1976 Sears SS16 up against a BX22 anyday???
I don't think a BX22 is a lawn mower ....

View my Photos
perplexed

2003-01-09          47232

You are sort of correct in stating look hard b/4 you purchase a Kubota, you should be stating do reseach and ask a lot of questions b/4 purchasing a tractor period. Sounds like you have the wrong size machine for the jobs you want it to do! I love the board, thanks for the ongoing help. I'm still hedging for the B7800 for myself. I contacted Kubota on there web and they have informed me that liturature is on the way to me as requested. ....

View my Photos
soarkrebel

2003-01-10          47250

Joe in va i'm with you ! i even drive the same tractor! The L3000dt is a hard working machine!
I have driven ford all my life but the kubota works just as hard!
I'm no yuppie !!! A redneck!!!!!!!!
I don't own a HONDA, car that is! i do drive a honda atv and the kubota sits beside it!
I drive a GMC! but heck most of was built in canada!!
Oh yeah my real name is john , but in cyber land i am always soarkrebel!
just thought i would add my thoughts! ....

View my Photos
John K

2003-01-10          47262

MY TRACTOR IS BETTER THEN YOUR TRACTOR...... Come on kids, grow up! I thought the CTB was a place to get help and support with tractor problems. I don’t think it was intended for product bashing. The compact tractors sold today are all good products when they’re used as they're intended and you won’t admit it! It’s like I’ve read in other threads. You have to get the right tractor for the job. If your tractor is too small, too big, too light, or under powered, your using the wrong tractor!

“not happy”, you should asked for help with your post instead of bashing Kubota. There are people here that would have tried to help you with you problems. If that’s the way you acted toward the dealer, it’s no wonder they’re making it tough on you to get the repairs made.

View my Photos
Bear Bait

2003-01-10          47284

OK guys you are scaring me. I have just about plopped down the cash for a B7800 w/backhoe and now you'all got me wondering if I am doing the right thing. My application is to clear brush and scrub trees from 14 acres, plant trees and move alot of mulch. Althought it is a compact I thought for home use it would hold up, am I right? ....

View my Photos
JoeinVA

2003-01-10          47285

Do it Bear. Kubota's are great. Compared to JD, New Holland, and especially Massey Furgeson, they cannot be beat, feature to feature and price. Don't let 'me scare you. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-01-10          47297

As I have posted in other threads, my brother in Alaska has had a B2150 (?) that he bought new about 1990. With hundreds of hours on the machine the only problem he has ever had is a flat tire. ....

View my Photos
Bearbait

2003-01-10          47305

Thanks Guy's, I have heard enough. I am going to pick up my b7800 in the morning. ....

View my Photos
KIOTIMAN

2003-01-10          47315

Look guys tractors are no different than any mass produced item, someone is going to get a lemon sooner or later. So just maybe not happy does have a junk tractor. ....

View my Photos
Morgan

2003-01-11          47331

Compact Japtors are great for 14 acres. Clearing brush off 14 acres, there is nothing better for the job.

Now, if you get 550 acres of flat farmland in Iowa for raising corn, you might want to upgrade. ....

View my Photos
KIOTIMAN

2003-01-13          47445

NOT HAPPY, just wondered if you have an update on your tractor situation. Keep us posted. ....

View my Photos
Tom

2003-01-14          47493

Well I have owned two in the last 12 years and both have given excellent service!!! ....

View my Photos
Charlton2

2003-01-14          47495

Nothappy and Marklugo well said – my orange tractor looks great next to the Acura and the Suburban.

Kubota has big problem and at this point I would not buy another Kubota product.

I have a two year old 3710, with 250 hours on it. I have had several problems, some resolved and some not. I alone operate the tractor and its not used for commercial proposes.

The delivering dealer has all the power to make a decision on warranty coverage. There is no FACTORY CUSTOMER SUPPORT, So when there is a warranty issue the dealer always wins.

Kubota apparently does not want to hear directly from the customers. They send out these stupid dead-end surveys. Mine must get lost in the mail, as no one ever calls me as I request.

Good luck
Dave ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-01-14          47499

I agree that you can grow old waiting for any sort of response from Kubota headquarters.
Tell us more about the problems, resolved or not, you have had with your tractor. I am not familiar with that model so some info there would help there too. ....

View my Photos
Charton2

2003-01-14          47504

Mark

There are two unresolved issues first the cables that control the loader freeze. After the tractor is started (during cold weather) the loader will not operate for 20 o 30 minutes (until the fluid warms and melts the ice), the ice is either in the cables or the valve block. The dealer said that this is normal with the cab tractors and there was no fix for this series tractor (2000 - 3710 cab) however, the new tractors have been corrected. Doesn’t do me any good.

Second the hydro shift lever jams (like the old sparkomatic 3 speeds) the shift and linkage is flimsy, cheap and under designed. The dealer did the best they could to adj and lube it but it didn’t help.

One would think Kubota Engineering would want to know these things. They should have a factory customer service person ( 800 – kubota) to help the customers, after all I didn’t buy the dealers tractor I bought Kubota’s tractor. I can’t be the only one having these problems.

Regards

Dave

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-01-14          47513

Maybe we can brain storm on the loader problem.
Are you saying that the fluid in the hydraulic lines freezes?
Where do you live/how cold does it get there?
Do you recall what brand or type of hydraulic fluid you have installed in the tractor?

There are certainly folks on this board who are smarter and more experienced than I, but I wonder if you have the wrong type of fluid in the hydraulic system and transmission.

It might explain both the loader problem and the difficulty shifting. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-01-14          47515

Try somemore lube on the shifting linkage it should straighten out. On the loader cables. There is almost no help and that is from every company. Now where the cables attach to the valves, remove and drain when warm,fill with CASE-IH hytran or equivelent, Super UDT will work. Now in the bottom of the Aluminum housing drill a small hole to drain, refasten cables so the hole is below the cables lowest point. Or tell your dealer to call me and I will lead him thruogh it. This works on the JD's CASE-IH MASSYS NH and them all, they all have this problem. You have condensation building up in the cables between the heat from the cab and the cold from outside. ....

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-01-14          47528

Good post ART. I just love it when a problem has a GOOD solution. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-01-15          47538

Shows what I know! I thought all loader controls were directly actuated with a stick and a valve block. I still don't get why there are cables in the system, guess I will have to go find one and see.
Anyway, Art, Have you tried using WD-40 to chase water out of enclosed spaces? I have used it successfully to "dry" cables and electrical components. It's sort of an Alaskan thing, everyone there has a roll of duct tape and a can of WD-40 and a hammer. So equipped, one can fix anything. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-01-15          47542

WD-40 will wrok but the hytran holds together longer. Many of the tractor cabs use cables because the linkages are flexible and don't require extensive rework. ....

View my Photos
Charlton2

2003-01-15          47545

Mark

I am not sure but I think it’s moisture from the outside either getting in to the cable or the valve block. The loader fluid is also runs through the trany and power steering and there are no problems there.

I and the tractor are in Massachusetts most winter nights are below 32.

Art

The tractor has “Kubota Super UDT”, I have the dealer do all the services and it had new fluid at 150 or 200 hours whatever the book called for. Both problems happened before and after the new fluid.

As far as drilling any holes, once I touch it then I own it. The tractor is still under warranty and I am hoping that someone will step up to the plate and fix it.

The mechanic at the dealer spent 1 hour lubing and adjusting the linkage. Things were better but I still have to play with the shifter find neutral when going between medium and low.

I am considering going “yellow” CAT, JCB or DEER (not green one). I don’t know if I can run a Brush Hog under the CATs tail.

Do you have any thoughts between those three (either new or a year old), I do a lot of loader and backhoe work (just on my own projects). Something close in size to the 3710.

Thanks for your help, but I don’t have any more energy to get it resolved. Kubota is just not listening…

Dave

View my Photos
Art White

2003-01-15          47553

I just need if you would your dealer to call me and Kubota will pay for the modifications to fix those cables. ....

View my Photos
not happy

2003-01-24          48065

Just an update, I did find a dealer who helped me with my warranty. The tractor is all fixed. Now I am going to sell it. No one will ever convince me that kubota is a good product,or a good company. I think kubota is going to have problems down the line. It appears I am not the only one who has had problems with customer service. So now I am going to look for a subcompact to use around my property. I am also looking to replace a small excavator with a medium backhoe,the kubota dealer overhead me talking about, looking for a backhoe and suggested I take a look at the L-35. I laughed at him. I am going back to CAT. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-01-24          48071

Not Happy, did MB Tractor fix it? ....

View my Photos
Koby

2003-01-24          48077

Mr. Not Happy, I know the people at MB Tractor, and have no doubt that they would have resolved your problems, ASAP. I almost bought a tractor there, but decided I wanted a different color at the last minute. If they did fix you up, by all means, throw them a bone! Word of mouth is the best advertising you can't buy. ....

View my Photos
not happy

2003-01-26          48173

MB tractor did nothing to help me from the day I bought the tractor.MB tractor is the worst dealer I have ever delt with. Other kubota dealers have told me they have also had problems with MB tractor. Something about them not cooperating with inventory between dealers. I also beleive that MB tractor is being run by an absent owner. The dealer who helped me with the warranty work was Salem farm and equipment in salem NY. They appeared to be a good dealer. ....

View my Photos
Morgan

2003-01-26          48192

Hey, you are up my alley. Salem Farm supply is near me!!! I bought a B-7500 at Salem Farm Supply in Salem NY!! That's about 20 miles from where I live (Saratoga). Put $5,000 down and while I was waiting for delivery I found a used one at Randall Implement in Latham for half the price, and told Salem I had to cancel my order on the new one. They never got mad at me, never scolded me, the salesman was friendly and gave me back my down payment even though I told them to keep a few hundred for their troubles, they gave me back the whole thing and refused my money.

My next implement I buy, will be from them. Maybe you can take your business there too. ....

View my Photos
orange1

2003-01-26          48223

Hey not happy,
it's to bad you had no luck w/mb tractor. the place I work at has sold over 140 of these. some now approaching 1000 hours of commercial use. All owners happy. In this business, you sometimes find the problem w/the tractor lies somewhere between the seat and the steering wheel. ....

View my Photos
Morgan

2003-01-27          48228

Yeah, he said the seat falls off when he's riding it and the pins and bushings to the steering wheel were defective. ....

View my Photos
KIOTIMAN

2003-01-27          48272

orange one, yeah ok kubota are the greatest, does that make you feel better. look every company makes a lemon now and then, what they end up doing about is what will build loyalty and future sales. ....

View my Photos
andyinNH

2003-02-07          48850

I am considering a Kubota and went to 'Chappell Tractor' in Milford, NH. Has anyone dealt with them? ....

View my Photos
Rich

2003-02-21          49738

I bought my bx1800, fel, 60 mmm, from Carver Equipment in South Carolina. I live in Westchester County, NY. It came delivered perfectly set up. The axle for one of the wheels on the mower deck broke. They sent me a new one immediately, from Carver. When my middle blade on the 60 mmm stopped spinning, I brought it to Spavins in Katonah. He did the warranty work, no questions asked, knowing of course that I did not purchase the tractor there, even though he remembered me looking a few months back. I bought from Carver because they had a demo and I saved quite a bit.
I used the loader quite a bit - popping out rocks, moving wood, leveled a pad for a barn, etc. I grease it every 10 hours. Not one problem yet. I have 100 hours on the machine now.
Love the tractor, no problems with either dealer. ....

View my Photos
ettarp

2003-02-22          49790

Hi everyone, Boy I just found this site by accident. I was looking for info on prices for used kubotas, as we are thinking of buying a new one. And, yes, we were just at the dealer you are all talking about, only the branch I went to is in Tilton, NH. We looked at the new 7800.
We also bought our first one in 95, a 7100 from Chapperel (sp) in Milford. Ill tell you, you wont beleive what work we have done with that small tractor. We bought 14 acs and had a house built in 98 and have been clearing wood, hauling boulders (the size of the 7100), building stone walls, built 7 gardens, dug out stumps the size of a kitchen table. We use it almost every day, both summer and winter.The dealer in Milford is excellant and the only dealings we have with the one in Tilton was when we bought the backhoe for it. But, that was before they changed the name. Id like to sell the 1995, and buy a litter bigger one. We also use it to drag logs out as we cut and split 7 cords of wood for winter. And No, we are not young, Im 63 and my husband will be 70 this May. I think Ill still buy orange. thanks for letting me ramble, ettarp ....

View my Photos
CCImports

2003-02-22          49796

I'm a dealer. "Not Happy" I'm sure glade you live 1000 miles from me. Don't ever call me either. I do not want customers like you. ....

View my Photos
jkellow354

2003-05-13          54771

I've owned a JD 4400 and talk about junk, that would be the one, but my Kubota 3710 HST that took its place has never once let me down. Strong and well thought out (don't let me forget to mention made of metal) my Kubota is about the best thing I've bought in years. I wouldn't know how good my dealer is. You see since the Kubota hasn't broke down I haven't needed the dealer. In the CUT class, this is a real machine. ....

View my Photos
BigBoyBob

2017-04-24          196564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan | view 47205
BX are not tractors. They are lawn mowers.

Is the Kubota BX a real tractor capable of real work or more of a garden tractor on steriods. I recently noticed one of my gentlemen farmer neighbors who already has a collection of larger Kioti Deere and New Holland surprisingly added a BX to his stable! ....

View my Photos
chuckles

2017-04-24          196569

The BX is a real authentic Tractor in my book and yes it is sorta a Garden Tractor on Steroids! I like the lower seating position and the ease of getting around stuff and into the garage. Ans more importantly it is a Small Machine with 4WD.

Depends on your needs.... ....

View my Photos
Murf

2017-04-25          196575

The BX is certainly a "real" tractor, it's just not a BIG tractor.

You have to bear in mind these tractors were not designed for large western style farms. The average size of a farm in Asia is 5 acres. That comes from the maximum amount of land 6 adults, 2 grandparents, 2 adults and 2 children could work with hand tools. However with the massive need for food and lack of men to grow it following the Second World War these small tractors were developed. To Asian farmers these are full-sized tractors.

The only big drawback of using these tractors in the Western style is that they were not designed with a FEL in mind. They have no need or use for a loader for anything but construction over there. Witness the broken bell housings on some rebranded Asian units a few years back.

When I was in Japan and toured one of the Kubota facilities I was surprised to see tractors that they had bought back to examine them for possible improvements. Several of them were well over 10,000 hours on the clock and still working just fine.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login