Go Bottom Go Bottom

bucket down pressure

View my Photos
8x56mn
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-01-20          159631

I have a B2150 with a Bush Hog brand FEL. My question is should I be able to lift the front of the tractor of the ground with the bucked down pressure. I cannot and was wondering if something is wrong or is this normal for my tractor size? It's a 24 hp 4 cyl.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

bucket down pressure

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-01-20          159647

Yes and no.

Could be the operator. Right kind and amount of fluid? High revs? Bucket near full-dump so it doesn't have to lift as far?

Could be wear. Cylinders lose their perfect seal over time, and your lift ones could be due for a rebuild (I paid $100 each). Could be the pump is weakening. Could be small internal leaks in the system, like the control unit.

When my similar tractor was delivered I tried to lift a truck with it. My fronts squished and my rears cleared the ground. Even with rebuilds on all four loader cylinders, it won't do it now, 30 years later. Sort of like its owner. ....

bucket down pressure

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-01-20          159650

auerbach,

This is here twice. Look further down and they are running the discussion there.

bucket down pressure

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-01-20          159652

Maybe a moderator can combine it with the first one and/or delete this thread. ....

bucket down pressure

View my Photos
kwschumm

2009-01-20          159654

Moderators can't delete or combine threads, or we would :) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login