Go Bottom Go Bottom

Where does your tractor fit in

View my Photos
AnnBrush
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-30          101322

Perhaps I am the only one who has NOT got all the model numbers memorized but it always seems to me that when people talk of their 2110 or whatever tractor, they think I will automatically know the specs of that machine. I dont know what the tractor is when all I have is the model number especially when it is made by a different manufacturer than mine. Perhaps we could start a tractor model comparison table. It might include 5 PTO hp power categories and list the make, model number, year and chassis size (compact, sub-compact etc) and whether its a 4WD or hydro. The listing for my JD 4300 would be in the 30 - 35 hp category and might look something like this, we could have more categories but would probably be a good idea to keep it simple:

30 - 35 PTO hp
Make Model year PTO hp 4wd hydro frame
Deere 4300 2000 32 opt. opt. compact

If we asked Dennis nicely he might add a link to a simple table we could add models to and access this when posting or replying to queries. I would get so much more out of the forum if I understood what kind of tractor the post was talking about. Is this a good idea and would anyone else out there find it useful?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-30          101334

Good idea! Lets add the basic tractor weight and the wheelbase to the mix.

A 30 horse, 1400 pound tractor won't run any bigger brush hog than a 20 horse 1400 pound tractor. ....

View my Photos
AnnBrush

2004-12-01          101371

It looks like Dennis has bought into the concept, we could start with the following categories in 5 PTO-hp classifications:

Make Model year PTO-hp 4wd hydro frame wheelbase weight

I am not sure how Dennis would work it but my initial thought would be to allow individual (paid?) members to add the specs for their tractor to a table. As the table grew in size and number of entries we might think of different sort categories (that may/may not come later). What do the rest of you think? ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2004-12-01          101382

I have long wanted to add some specs to the site, and we started to develop a fairly complicated one a year ago with Ken and Peters among others.

Perhaps a simple list as you describe would be a good starting point, so I may just do that.

Dennis ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-12-01          101384

Dennis, I had mostly completed the spreadsheet on all the pre-20 series JD models. I'd be happy to send it to you or to update an online form for those models. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2004-12-01          101387

Hi Ken,

Glad you still have it, why don't you email it to me for starters, we'll see about an application later.

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-12-01          101389

It's on the way. ....

View my Photos
AnnBrush

2004-12-02          101426

Dennis, Ken and others
I bought a reference book before I purchased my tractor it's called the "Hotline Farm Equipment Guide 2003". It's published annualy by Heartland Ag-Business group so my copy is now dated by 3 years. I have contact info if anyone wants a copy of their own (approx $50.00). It's a 2 volume compendium of tractor specs for all brands and all makes from the 1940's to 2003 together with serial numbers by year and auction prices for used equipment. It also lists info for combines, planters and skid steers amongst others. Its exhaustive, on a particular entry some information is ocasionally absent for whatever reason but generally it's pretty complete, as a FYI the information listed for my JD is as follows (verbatum):

4300 All models
Pricing, Avg. Auction price:
Low: $2104, High: $10,285, Avg.: $7,223

Serial numbers:
Beginning no: 130000 - year 1998

4300 Hydro 4WD
Specifications:
Years Mfrd: 1998 - 2001
Fuel: D
Make of Engine: Yanmar 3-cyl
CID: 92
D-E PTO HP: 25.5 PTO, 32-E
Cab: ROPS
No. Speeds: Hydro
Weight (pounds): 2900
List Price (M.L.S.R.P): $17,900

Pricing:
Year: Retail price: Est loan value:
1998 $13,425 $8,861
1999 $14,141 $9,333
2000 $14,499 $9,569
2001 $14,857 $9,806

I could check specific specs for folk if needed. Just wanted to let you know this resource is out there. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login