Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
kalpia
Posts: 77 Extreme Western on the beautiful St. Croix River, WI
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-06-17          171620

I ruptured the hose that goes from the PS cyclinder to the pipe on my Agracat 2920 (254). The manual shows the two connectors at either end but not the entire assembly (hose w/connectors), about 16" long. Is this complete assy. available from any deallers?

Thanks,

Kalpia at hotmail.com
River Falls, WI

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-06-17          171622

Even if it is, it would be cheaper and faster to take the old assembly to a place that supplies and makes up hydraulic hose. ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-06-17          171626

Can't speak for your area. But in my experience, the local hydraulic shops around here don't carry much in the line of metric fittings.

Don't let the parts diagram fool ya though. they only show the end connectors, but the straight lines between them represent the actual hose (which is called "pipe" in the book).

//greg// ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
kalpia

2010-06-18          171635

Yes, it was the metric part that thru me, I tested it on a standard thread and it didn't work. I had a FEL line fail and had the local Car Quest make me another (no problem with that one) but I wasn't sure if they had this fitting. It's a bit unusual since it's flat inside and metric.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll run it over there and see if they can match it.

-Kalpia ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
auerbach

2010-06-18          171638

Sometimes they can reuse the fittings. If not, and if they don't have duplicates, they can get them. Or try a shop that does more hose make-ups. ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
kalpia

2010-06-18          171642

Took it to the local shop and they couldn't match the fitting, said they could most likely source it but that would take a bit of checking. I think I'll try to give Tommy a call. He's helped before and he seems to carry a pretty good inventory of items, if he doesn't have it I'll go back to the local guys.

Thanks ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-06-18          171643

Ain't no way to reuse these particular fittings, they're machine crimped. But I have used pair of the exact hose you need, if you strike out elsewhere. They're just sitting on my spares shelf gathering dust.

//greg// ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
kalpia

2010-06-19          171663

Vary kind of you to offer them Greg and I might take you up on it if the one I ordered from Affordable doesn't work. The number in the manual isn't what I ordered but I've come to trust the book less and people more. Tommy and the guys have been good to me on the few occasions that I've needed a part. $31 + shipping for this hose is a fair price and Tommy's done some good work for this site.

I should know by the end of the week if it's the right one and I'm back to barn cleaning and spreading gravel. ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
affordable

2010-06-23          171739

The hose should work for you,we don't spend much time on this board because most of the post get edited by the moderators

We have one of the largest Jinma parts inventories in the USA which covers your Agracat tractor also,just look at our website,or give us a call we will be glad to help you

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
Murf

2010-06-23          171744

Quote:
Originally Posted by affordable | view 171739
The hose should work for you,we don't spend much time on this board because most of the post get edited by the moderatorsWe have one of the largest Jinma parts inventories in the USA which covers your Agracat tractor also,just look at our website,or give us a call we will be glad to help youTommyAffordable Tractor Sales

Actually it's only the spam'ish blatant advertising that gets edited out of posts.

If anyone looks closely they will quickly see that only a relative few posters ever get edited, and they are usually edited almost regularly.

As with the above example.

Two posters offer help, one even offers free parts out of his stash of spares, not just a local solution.

The other, from the opposite end of the country brags about having big inventory and points them to his website and phone to sell them the parts.

A wee bit sensitive maybe?

Best of luck. ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
richwaugh

2010-06-23          171757

Oh, I'd say Tommy is anything but sensitive - he's just an honest businessman, somewhat rare in the field of Chinese tractors, who spends several hours per week (by my observation, not his claim) on the various Chinese tractor forums answering peoples' questions and offering free advice. He has years of experience a this and his answers can be relied upon to be honest and accurate from what I've seen.

I certainly don't think it is at all unreasonable of him to post a link to his business, Affordable Tractor Sales, so people can have a source for the parts they need. His geographic location is pretty much a non-issue as far as parts goes; I've ordered from him on more than one occasion and delivery was quick and inexpensive - and I live in the Virgin Islands!

From what I've seen here, the two people most knowledgeable about these machines are Greg G and Tommy, and I can't see that one of them should be treated any differently than the other. Do yo really want to chase away one of the best information sources you have? That would seem to me to be counter-productive, but it's your website and you can do as you wish.

Now, I also occasionally answer a question here once in a while, even though I'm not as experienced as Greg or Tommy. When someone needs a part for a Jinma tractor I'll generally post a link to Tommy's website and also to RanchHand Supply, another knowledgeable and honest dealer. Are my recommendations going to be edited out because the businesses to which I refer people don't pay this site a fee? If so, I'll save my time and energy.

Rich Waugh ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-06-23          171758

Quote:
Originally Posted by richwaugh | view 171757
If so, I'll save my time and energy.
My recommendation is to save it Rich. Some folks - clearly those who frequent this particular forum - prefer an uncluttered discourse that doesn't involve self-promotion and/or attempts at free advertising. Cheerleading for named dealerships may work on other forums, but I'm pretty sure it's wasted here.

//greg// ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
Murf

2010-06-23          171759

Rich, I'm not big on coincidences.

I do find it, errr, well, rather past 'lucky' that out of only 14 posts you've ever made since joining this forum, and just hours after mine, here you are.

As for your claim of "spends several hours per week (by my observation, not his claim) on the various Chinese tractor forums answering peoples' questions and offering free advice. He has years of experience a this and his answers can be relied upon to be honest and accurate from what I've seen.".

Well, some people do seem to drop in on a pretty regular basis, dealers and regular folks alike, however, there is a big difference.

Look back through the posts of the various dealers who post here, you'll pretty soon see a pattern.

For the record, I'm a volunteer moderator, and not anything to do with the ownership of the site. Along with several other moderators we just keep everybody on an equal footing, no favoritism at all, but also no toleration for spam, whether or not the person doing so is registered or not. Once you do that then the place becomes nothing but spam.

As for your "Do yo really want to chase away one of the best information sources you have?" comment, certainly not.

But at the same time it's not fair that one party has an advantage over another either now is it?

I think everyone is pretty well agreed here, if you want to offer advice, please, do so, if you want to advertise, ask Dennis about placing an ad.

It looks like almost all the dealers here work that way.

Best of luck. ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
affordable

2010-06-23          171760

It's really not a big deal guy's, I drop in from time to time to offer what I can,there are alot of dealers here paying for ads, and I don't, but the Chinese Tractor owners don't have hundreds of dealers supporting them only a few (very few) ,and there is not enough activity on the Chinese Tractor owners section of this site to pay for advertising, I'm not a free loader and do pay for advertising just not on here
because it would not cover the costs

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
Murf

2010-06-23          171762

Quote:
Originally Posted by affordable | view 171760
.....there are alot of dealers here paying for ads.......

Strange, I had a good look around just now and could only find one dealer advertising, Emerich, and from his profile he hasn't posted anything in about 5 weeks.

BTW, there is a dealer directory on this board which I believe is free to register on.

Best of luck. ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
richwaugh

2010-06-23          171779

Not quite sure what it is you're trying to say with your comment about "coincidences" - I do better with plain talk than with insinuation and beating around the bush. I think you're implying that I only come here to "cheerlead" (as Greg calls it) for Tommy. Wrong-O, buckaroo.

I check this site twice a day, just like I do CTOA, CTW and TBN - I never know where I might learn something new. If you go read everything I've ever posted here you'll see I've asked questions, offered advice and even, a couple of times, stood up and said something seemed counter-productive. Hey, I call 'em as I see 'em and y'all react accordingly - I don't expect everyone to agree with me, nor do I profess to be right every time.

I expect Greg is right, I should just sit back and watch.

Rich ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
kalpia

2010-07-20          172433

Actually this is a pretty good discussion, even though it seems to have wandered a bit from my original inquiry.

I, as a self-professed tractor neophyte, appreciate knowing what dealers are good or not so good and hearing it here gives it a certain value. We all work for a living and expect to get paid, I suspect Tommy is no different and I don't mind supporting someone who helps out without the expectation (but maybe the hope) of making a sale. I also agree that it's important to keep blatant self promotion to a minimum.

I know there's a dealer in WI but I've never seen him/her here so I trust deal with those that are here. And for that I am very grateful to ALL. A big thank you to Tractorpoint, all of their hard working mods, and the guys/gals that so generously give of their time.

On a side note let me say that the Agracat is working and steering great again. ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-07-21          172448

As a business owner that has nothing to do with this web site or tractors at all but who has benefited from TP often understand both sides of this issue. In my business I pay rent, utilities, insurance and salaries. Deal with the city, state and federal on laws and taxes. Just as any other brick and mortar business does. Now once in a while some non-profit will ask about placing a flyer in our window or door...depends on the details but never have said no. Of course that is community support and is free with the non-profit bearing the cost of the flyer and me the cost of the space used and I might add the cost of removal and cleaning the normally tape marks left by it. All reasonable for community support of a decent non-profit.

But I have clients/customers who are in business to make money and they support me by buying from me which allows me an income. They have a sale or special event and ask, could you place a flyer in your window or in your office? It would be hard to say no wouldn't it? Since they are normally a friend even glad to do so.

Then there is the business owner who had made promises to talk with me on products/services we offer but never has the time or who keeps forgetting the needed information but they want a flyer in my window for the special event they are working with...how do they expect me to treat them?

IN NO WAY (yes shouting) I THINK ANYONE who has posted on this tread is not a fine person and business owner. Just trying to put what a different light on the thought.

As to the cost of advertising, I have spent a few thousand that prove to be wasted, have spent some such as yellow pages that felt required but not sure they really pay their way, also have made "investment" in long term realtionship networking business groups that has proven great returns. Tommy if you believe advertising here would never be profitable you may be correct or Dennis the owner may be able to provide data that would give other thoughts. It might be the two of you could develop what would work great for you and TP. As a car dealership use to say, you just don't know until you ask.

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
affordable

2010-07-21          172467

kthompson,we have talked before about this same subject I have sent Dennis at least 2-3 e-mails with no response,Im a paying member on several chinese message boards including TBN this one just does not have enough chinese tractor activity to pay for advertising here,it's not a big deal I drop in and see whats going on from time to time,and I understand the moderators point on spam,I'm not a spammer I offer advise FREE to the customer in hopes when they do need something they will call us which includes my webpage address and maybe phone number. The chinese tractor owner does not have the same resources for service and parts as the bigger brands,the members on this board are not getting much from this site if they can't get help or answers and will quit posting here because of that,so who wins ? Nobody

Tommy

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
Murf

2010-07-22          172480

Quote:
Originally Posted by affordable | view 172467
..... I understand the moderators point on spam,I'm not a spammer I offer advise FREE to the customer in hopes when they do need something they will call us which includes my webpage address and maybe phone number.

Tommy,

While nobody is disputing that you do offer your advice & knowledge to the owners needing same, you also can't deny that you certainly do get the plugs in there also.

This is not meant to be anything but applying the rules to all equally.

This has been explained to you and others before, and clearly at that.

The Terms of Use for this site clearly state;

"By way of example and not as a limitation, the User agrees that when using a Forum, he or she shall not do any of the following:

(g) Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services....."

I would think that even when there isn't a sales pitch in the body of the post as does happen regularly, ending every post with the blurb below certainly more than qualifies as 'advertising'.

"Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore"

Link: Click Here"

Best of luck. ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
affordable

2010-07-22          172483

Murf Yes I do, no denying that,I think the intent of this board was to help all tractor owners with problems,and it does require moderators but what happened to good old "Common Sense" ? Do you notice the limited activity in this section of the Discussion board? Ever Wonder why ?

Tommy

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
Murf

2010-07-22          172497

Tommy,

"Common Sense" isn't what this is about. It's about equality.

I didn't write the rules, Dennis, the board owner did. Do you question the logic or motivation of police enforcing the rules (laws) too?

It's not anything at all personally against you, not at all.

I can show you lots of other rule-breakers that got edited too, you're not being singled out.

Best of luck. ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
richwaugh

2010-07-22          172502

Murph said, "Tommy, 'Common Sense' isn't what this is about. It's about equality."

I would disagree; it seems to be more about enforcement of rules, regardless of whether or not it serves any real purpose.

Murph asked, "Do you question the logic or motivation of police enforcing the rules (laws) too?"

If all the laws were enforced all the time, there wouldn't be enough acreage to build all the jails necessary to hold all the offenders. As a retired police administrator, I can assure you that the best police officers use "common sense" and enforce the law when it serves the purpose of keeping the peace, but they certainly do not enforce every law, every time. A few do try, and almost always end up in problems - the job demands common sense and good judgment.

As Ralph Waldo Emerson put it, "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of a little mind." The larger mind looks at the situation and determines what course of action would accomplish the most good for the most people and follows that course, without a slavish devotion to arbitrary rules or laws as long as no harm is done. The rule of law is not absolute by any means, nor should it be. Common sense and a sense of humanity are much more necessary and appropriate to the smooth functioning of human affairs than rigid adherence to rules.

In the final analysis though, this is YOUR forum and you are entitled to run it as you please. While I certainly do question the appropriateness of some of your decisions, I don't dispute your right to make them any way you wish. And while I don't expect you to understand the points I am trying to make, I still feel compelled to try.

Rich

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-07-22          172503

Being a business owner myself I'm not happy about Tommy advertising under the guise of "helping Chinese tractor owners". While those guys are bretheren in a loose sort of way, this board does not function for for their sole support, or any other group. No one can honestly say or admit that if one group or another suddenly got upset that they we're being served that we would even care. Nor can or should we; I have no financial interest in this site, nor do I have a say or even a vote of how this site is run.

And I find self serving that since Tommy says there is not traffic for him to advertise, he sure doesn't mind be the messiah. And why not, there's no competition in a small albeit captive audience.

Tommy is under the mistaken impression there is a sense of mission here---like a church or a hospital. In both cases the underlying "mission" is the almighty----dollar that is.

I joined about the time Dennis took over. Who knows what or why this site was started. Doesn't matter now however. Dennis bought this site not because he wants to necessarily help his fellow man. No. He needs an income. It's capitalism.

BTW, LOL Dennis isn't good at answering emails.

What most concerns me, like Murf, is Tommy's attitude about advertising. We have rules here and as such if you want to play here, you play by the rules.

Tommy's attitude smacks of "I'll keep doing it until either it no longer serves me, or I'm told to go elsewhere".

Kenny pointed out "non profits". Most don't know that non profits are in fact profitting someone--the founder/board/staff. As aside, I have calls over the years asking if I do charity work. I used to say yes, of course. But all that changed (you listening Kenny?) when the charity was someone who lazyazz husband wouldn' do the work and they wanted me to do it. I call it the welfare mentality: "why should I do it when I can have you do it for me for free". Or, in this case, "why should I pay for advertising when I can do it here for free". And Tommy's not bashful either about it.

It's like a redneck tire dealer I met on the Coast told me when he screwed me on several tire deals: "Jeff, I told ya when I met met ya that if you let me f-you, I will". In his convoluted defense, yep he did tell me.

Is that what's happening here? Me thinks so.

In my area we have craigslist. It was created for individuals to buy and sell for free. It allows the users to flag and remove ads that don't abide by the rules. And there are many rules. I'm in a fierce, principle-based battle with my not-really-local dealer who pretends to be from this craigslist area and as posing an individual posting multiple ads to circumvent the rules. He even "pulled a Tommy" last year here on TP by showing his face here on the New Holland board in an effort to direct traffic to him. Although this guy is just a salesman (goes by the name of Chris the Englishman of J&R Tractor) the owner condones his scofflaw action. We'll see.

Murf, speaking of craigslist, did you ever get that "toy" buying thing going? ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
affordable

2010-07-22          172504

I wish Dennis and all the other 859,000 moderators a great day,I've done all the free grazing here I can do

Tommy

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-07-23          172508

Yup "free grazing". LOL 'zactly.

Well "Moderators", now that Tommy has moved on to other pastures (for more free pickin's?), maybe it's time to clean out his office and take his name off the door as it were---you know, sanitize the place... errrr... post of those references. Otherwise, he'll still be getting (free) advertising, but from now on without even participating. If not, it's the gift that keeps giving. And that's just wrong.

Jis' sayin' ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
richwaugh

2010-07-23          172512

The sources of useful advice on Chinese tractors on this site seem to have just been reduced by half.

I'd always heard Michigan was our last line of defense against Canada, but that doesn't seem to be true from what I see.

Would the last person leaving please turn off the lights?

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-07-23          172513

That was was a thinly-veiled attack on Murf. Not cool.

Ouch. Not.

If the TP regulars here were to take a poll here as to who has THE most respect, integrity, education, practical experience not to mention common sense, ands more important (to me anyway) regard for decorum and rules and law---it would be Murf.

I did notice that you don't state where you're from. Why is that? Easier to stay behind the curtain and throw verbal spears perhaps?

But I have to remind you, and I don't say this out of disrespect: it matters not if the knowledge base is affected for your group; it does matter however how others with a financial/vested interest want to take the reins for their own self-serving needs. And if there's collateral damage in the process, so be it. That's life.

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2010-07-23          172516

JEEEZ....!

A guy can't take a trip to Arizona without all hell breaking loose here at TP! WOW!

Thanks to all the Moderators and TP members for having a dialogue on this topic. Not sure that I want to step into this fray, but here goes.

1) EW I did not buy this site, I built, custom progammed, and have been running it since 1999. I started it not to make money but to make the best place for people to be able to get information about tractors. I had the technical skills to do it and there was very little available in 1999. I also was looking at buying my first Kubota and the site helped me personally. It became quite popular and large companies like John Deere began advertising on it, so it did evolve into a business.

2)I don't remember exchanging emails with Tommy, please resend what you wanted to discuss. I get so many emails (hundreds a day) that I can easily miss some.

3)I went through our database and I have attached below a listing of all of Tommy's posts for everyone to review. Yes there is a peppering of self promotion that runs through it, but I think from a Chinese Tractor owners perspective they do get some benefit from a good portion of the content.

4) Tommy you have a business that you have capital invested in, inventory to move, that creates any urgency to sell product. Your site has about zero visibility on the internet. So I understand why you can't seem to stop pitching the fact that you have the item that someone needs. There just aren't any Chinese Tractor Dealers in my region so I get it.

5) Tommy a link from your site to TP is not worth much to me as almost no one goes to your site, but it is a bit presumptious though for you to have links to many other tractor forums on your links page with no link to TP, while you spend time here pasting links to your business. We need to work on that. A link from TP is highly valuable to you, or you would not be wasting your time if it was not.

I don't think anyone should pack their bags, nor do I think anyone should be taken advantage of, nor should the Chinese Tractor Owners lose a potentially valuable source of info. And I do thank the moderators for the efforts they make to assure the quality of the content on the board.

So Tommy let me know if you want to work towards a future that is mutually beneficial. I'll be watching my email or I can call you.

Dennis ....

Link:   Download All Posts By Tommy

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
affordable

2010-07-23          172517

I just did a stats on my website to confirm the monthly hits and it averaged 2,300 per month this year ? So I'm not sure where you came up with nobodys visting my website. I went ahead and added a link to Tractorpoint

Dennis apparently the e-mail thing is not working very well ,if you want to give me a call at my Houston office 713-464-5521

Tommy ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-07-23          172519

Dennis my bad. But didn't the site have a different name--like CTB compact tractor board? And it seemed that there were some improvements with the name change or am I thinking of some other site? ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2010-07-24          172535

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwrks | view 172519
Dennis my bad. But didn't the site have a different name--like CTB compact tractor board? And it seemed that there were some improvements with the name change or am I thinking of some other site?

When I started the site in 1999 it was called the Compact Tractor Board or CTB for short, and I have been changing the look over the years, perhaps the most about that time.

Dennis ....

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2010-07-24          172536

Quote:
Originally Posted by affordable | view 172517
I just did a stats on my website to confirm the monthly hits and it averaged 2,300 per month this year ? So I'm not sure where you came up with nobodys visting my website. I went ahead and added a link to Tractorpoint Dennis apparently the e-mail thing is not working very well ,if you want to give me a call at my Houston office 713-464-5521 Tommy

Tommy, very nice, keep up the good work!

You have to look at site volume in perspective to other sites. Below is a chart of my visitor volume compared to yours. the Blue and Green lines are my US and Global volumes. The dotted line that is at the bottom of the chart at or near the X axis is your visitor volume. On which site would you like to post a link to your business?

Hmmmmmmm?

Picture Link
Jinma Farmpro Agracat Nortrac Hydraulic steering line

Hydraulic steering line

View my Photos
affordable

2010-07-24          172539

Dennis,
You are correct if I sold, serviced,repaired every tractor and implement line Item you listed that would be correct,now lets see how much volume you have in Chinese tractors, ?? Hmmmmm we might be a little closer together on the X line.No question about the fact you have a great web site ,but so do I and If my posts were in all the other sections of your site I could see where I was taking advantage of it,you posted a list of my post's right ? what section were they posted at ? It's your site to run however you see fit,you stated in a earlier post that you started this site to Help tractor owners? I don't think you lost site of that did you ? That is what I do in turn for that help, I have the hope of selling some parts with a link to my webpage,I don't need this site to survive,I'm not spamming all the sections of this board,it's over and done lets shake hands and go on down the road.

Tommy ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login