Go Bottom Go Bottom

What are you buying your Spouse for Xmas

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-12-10          149160

Over the years my wife has more often laughed than applauded my gifts. I must be in the Jim Belushi "What about Jim" club on this.

Jewelry was an early lost cause in our relationship. Laughed at the earings I bought. Took her back to one of the biggest jewelry stores to exchange it for something else, and nothing appealed to her. Actually, I was thrilled about that, I don't care for jewelry either! My biggest hits: a Terry Cloth Robe and flannel pajamas ;)

Still, if I come up empty handed she will be disappointed.

We have started eliminating alot of the surprise now and even let the kids pick out there presents in advance.

So what are you getting your spouse?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-12-10          149161

Dennis CTB,

I'm probably the worst Christmas shopper in the world.....or close to it.

My wife has very few hobbies. She's not easy to buy for. She likes warm blankets, warm places to sleep, and a warm room after stepping out of the shower. She likes hot coffee, hot tea, and a warm vehicle.

So....I purchased a remote car starter for my wife one year. Another year I purchased an in-car heater. (It's an electric heater that works in conjunction with the block heater....makes the cabin toasty.) Last year I bought her an Indianapolis Colts blanket. (She's originally from Indiana, and is a big Colts fan.)

I've run out of things to buy for her. I don't know what I'm going to get her this year........a 6 month-long vacation to Lauderdale is out of the question. hehehe.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Joel ....

View my Photos
Murf

2007-12-10          149162

I used to have the same problem, it only got worse in that we were south for so long every winter, warmer clothes weren't needed / worn as much, but just try and find summer clothes in the middle of winter.

A new 'other half' hasn't made it any easier when it comes to Christmas shopping.

This time around though I've started just paying attention to the little things she likes, or has a problem with.

For instance she wears glasses, so to see what time it is after bedtime she has a real problem to read the clock, so I got her a clock with jumbo numbers on it. She also just moved back to this part of the world from a place that doesn't really have a winter the way we do, so a few warm things and a new pair of winter boots and some sheep skin slippers will go over well I think.

That and a visit to the jewelers and the travel agents should keep her happy through till spring.

I hope...... ;)

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2007-12-10          149178

I get her practical stuff. She has about every handtool she could ever possibly need and she does not use them. She will hand them to me if I'm working on "HER" car.

This year I think I'll try and out do myself for her...
A new Rock River AR-15 A-4 with 20" varmint barrel. A new SIG 220 two tone elite. Plus a 1000 rounds for each. She also might want a night vision scope for the AR to hunt coyotes at night. There could be a couple of other things she might need so I'll have to think some more on this.

I always try to get her useful stuff. She did make sure to tell me she did not want a new JD with a cab on it... Go figure. Sometimes I just can't please her... ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-12-10          149179

I was told look at what a person buys for you and often it tells you what they value and want and buy from that guide line.

I do not believe there is really a woman who does not like: jewerly (I read the post), clothes and perfume. They often like new kitchen toys, furniture and such. Of course new auto. If you have grandchildren, get them things to use with them, ie cameras! There are pajama grams and such also. You can pre pay for their hair or spa and so forth.

The only thing I have so far is a stuff puppy that is alseep and looks to be breathing. Only house dog we would want.

Almost forgot books. Cook books are one of my wife's favorites of all gifts.

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-12-10          149180

I'm sure lots of people started married life with less than we did, but it couldn't have been much less, so Christmas for each other was just plain out of the question. Somehow we always made sure the kids,(5) had a decent gift. After we got to where we could afford a gift for each other we just never did. I guess after a few medical close calls for both of us we are just glad to still be here 47 yrs. later. That's gift enough for us. Frank. ....

View my Photos
crunch

2007-12-10          149185

My wife returns anything I buy her including jewelry. So we pretty much agree on what we want and buy it for ourselves around Christmas time. But I will tell you that this year she wants Bodum double glass (with air gap in between) mugs for coffee and beer. For the Tassimo coffee maker we just bought. The Tassimo coffee maker really is nice if you like to make one cup at a time.

For myself I have been asking for a genuine 7' fiberglass golf pole and flag for the back yard. After asking for it for 2 years I finally got it. I had a cheap metal one but there is nothing like the genuine thing when you walk around your yard. Its something you just wouldn't normally buy for yourself. Kind of like a gold toothpick.

View my Photos
Art White

2007-12-10          149194

Every February when my wife is on vacation from teaching we go somewhere in the carribean area. So tanning package and a pedicure take good care of her! Last year it was a new car and a payment book for her! Life is good! I think Harvey has it GREAT! Smart woman too! ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2007-12-11          149211

I used to purchase jewelry but she now has pretty much every gemstone and then some. Concert tickets for her favorite performers, lawn ornaments (she is into flowers and gardening) and a day at the spa and get away weekend at a 4 or 5 star resort all seem to work. I'm puzzled this year as well since she has had all of the above and still complains that she has to put up with me and I don't tell her that I love her. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-12-11          149216

YP, I have the thing for you...get a talking bird that tells her for you how much you love her. Or get a set up that when she was by it tells her how much you love her. Of course be sure to have the line and if it changes the message will also. BTW, what hospital will you be in? ....

View my Photos
Murf

2007-12-11          149220

Many years ago my wife complained I didn't pay enough attention to her and that she thought I was more attracted to my tractors, truck & equipment generally than I was to her.

I told her to try dabbing a little diesel fuel behind her ears.

The marks didn't take long at all to go away, the swelling was mostly gone by the next morning.

That, BTW, was my now ex-wife........ ;)

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kleinchris
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-12-11          149223

My wife drug me to her office Christmas party the other night, which was, as ussual, a miserable event. However, they have a drawing for door prizes- mostly Stars and Maverick tickets. I won an Ipod.

So, my wife gets an Ipod. (Among other things, because I'm not entirely stupid.) ....

View my Photos
cutter

2007-12-11          149224

You topped my worst gift Murf! I bought mine one of the first big screen TVs for a wedding present. Bride is still here, TV was hit by lightning just after the five year warranty was up. Always wondered about that incident.

I'm smarter now. This year she gets some snow shoes and a diamond bracelet. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login