Go Bottom Go Bottom

Lamborghini Tractors

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-02          145280

Dear friends,

Until tonight, I had never heard of the Lamborghini line of tractors.

Lamborghini offers many different models (23 different models to be exact) from basic 35 horse models, all the way up to 262 horses. Each model has several different horsepower ranges to select from.

Lamborghini does not refer to their various lines as being "Models", but instead uses the term, "Range". Substitute "Range" for "Model" when viewing their website.

One point of interest, is the fact that many Lamborghini tractors use Mitsubishi engines! That surprises me a bit.

The one thing that really caught my attention, however, was the fact that some Lamborghini tractors have 80 different gears in their transmissions.....with 20 forward and 20 reverse -- and 40 more with the additional Hi-Lo range selector........for a total of 80 different gear options to pick from. I won't even bother asking if this is necessary, or at what cost!

One additional feature, which I found rather interesting, is that most Lamborghini tractors offer 4 different PTO speeds, and three different PTO locations.....rear, mid, and front. This is a feature not found on most other tractors, of any make or model.

Lamborghini tractors are all silver in color, and have some very stylish lines (no surprise there).

For more information on the Lamborghini line (ranges) of tractors, please visit the following link.

Joel

Link:   Lamborghini Tractors

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Lamborghini Tractors

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-02          145281

How could I have missed this?

Lamborghini also offers 90 gears (45 gears fwd. and 45 rev.) in the R2 series.

And I should mention that the loaders for these tractors are also differ from what most of us are familiar with.....especially concerning the attachments and other options. The L-30 has some very interesting features.

Joel ....

Lamborghini Tractors

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-09-02          145282

From a styling standpoint they're u-g-l-y. My New Holland looks better.

Did you also notice that they offer crawlers too?

And the ROPS, did you notice that it is not behind or above the seat? It's located where what we'd call the cowl.

Loader. The only difference per se I see is that it has load-leveling, which Cat and Case have used for years on backhoes and skid steers. ....

Lamborghini Tractors

View my Photos
kuboboy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-09-02          145292

Hey guys how do you think Lamborghini started?

they only started making supercars out of jealousy of there neighbours (ferrari). ....

Lamborghini Tractors

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-09-02          145294

Their ROPS location is interesting. Putting the ROPS in front of the driver would be an advantage around here, pushing away branches when driving through trees, but somehow visually it doesn't seem like it would offer much protection in a rollover. ....

Lamborghini Tractors

View my Photos
mobilus

2007-09-12          145651

Maybe they're thinking that the weight of the engine will keep the rear end in the air in the case of a roll-over. I agree, it just looks WEIRD. But I thought the same thing of the trucks in Germany when I was stationed there in the 90s. After awhile, the benefits from the design became apparent. Maybe it's an Italian thing? ....

Lamborghini Tractors

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-09-12          145654

KW: I dunno about having the ROPS ahead of you for tree branch protection---I think it would REALLY whack you even harder as it comes free of the ROPS (ever been walking behind someone as they loose of a branch? Owwwweeeeee!) ....

Lamborghini Tractors

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-09-12          145656

EW, you're probably right about that. Whack-thud. :) ....

Lamborghini Tractors

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-12          145661

Anyone seen the R4 Range tractor?

60 gears forward, and 60 gears in reverse, for a total of 120 different gears.

At 2300 RPM, in granny 1st, the ground speed is .22 miles per hour. At that rate, it would take me over an hour to reach my mailbox, at full RPMs, when traveling down my driveway.

60 forward gears seems a bit ridiculous to me. I would venture to say that if I had a transmission with this many gears, nearly 75% of the gears would still be unused, even after 10 years of service.

Joel ....

Lamborghini Tractors

View my Photos
Murf

2007-09-13          145666

The old adage about "walking a mile in another's shoes" is VERY applicable here.

I've used these kinds of tractors before and can say without a doubt, they are VERY well thought out, are exceptionally well designed and are unsurpassed at what they are designed for.

The key part of that statement being "what they are designed for".

It's silly for "flatlands" to mock features on a machine built for operating on extreme terrain, sort of like a guy in Florida mocking the need for a snowblower, let alone the need to front mount one. I'm pretty sure if you showed them a Wheatland tractor they'd think it was a useless thing too.

As I said, these machines are designed and built for farming in a mountainous terrain, little things like putting the ROPS ahead of the operator mean there is less likelihood of damaging valuable trees in the orchards they work in while also allowing the operator to deal with wayward branches WITHOUT having to turn around backwards and look away from where the tractor's going.

Also, a huge spread of gears means a loaded towed object, or PTO-operated implement can be moved at the optimum rate, the point just before the engine starts to lug or tires begin to slip.

Some of them are also equipped with a feature (which isn't really a feature at all) that we have been using for many years, something they call an "Eco 540" PTO setting. Really all this is is an extra marking on the tach. for the correct RPM which will give you 540rpm on the output shaft with the PTO gear shifter in the 1,00rpm setting. For things like blowers or sprayers that need 540rpm, but not a lot of horsepower it is a really handy thing.

Some of these tractors are even equipped with a special system which pressurizes the cab so that when you are spraying an orchard for instance, the over spray is forced out of the cab not sucked in.

Best of luck. ....

Lamborghini Tractors

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-13          145670

Murf,

A lamborghini tractor recently sold at auction for $5800.00, with the loader.

I like the front-mounted PTO shaft on these tractors.

An interesting note here.....the 2000 model Lamborghini, which recently sold at auction, had the ROPS mounted in the rear. This may be offered on the U.S. imports.

See the following link.

Joel ....

Link:   Lamborghini Tractor -- See Lot # 109

Lamborghini Tractors

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-09-13          145680

Some models use Deutz engines based upon what little I read. ROPS up front does look different. kt ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login