Go Bottom Go Bottom

Writing up my auction bill

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-08-02          187781

Since the Mrs. and I have moved to an assisted living center we are going to have an auction on Sept second to dispose of my Compact tractor and related equipment, mostly all green. All my furniture shop equipment, mechanic tools etc, etc will have to go too. We sold an acreage off the farm and have to give possession by October first so all this has to happen in a short time.
Having had a compact tractor since the 4000 series Deere came out in the 90's sometime gave me a lot of good relaxing hours in the seat. The 4310 is my third green compact, it has about 800 hrs., I don't remember how many hours were on prior two, but all enjoyable.
Thanks for being my friends all these years, I'll still be around, but it is time for a new crop of tractor pointers to take the steering wheels so to speak.

Frank.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-08-03          187791

Frank, good luck with your auction. Hope it all brings top dollar.

I'm sorry to see you selling your equipment but that time comes for us all. You are doing your kids a great favor by taking care of this stuff now, and from the sound of it you are enjoying the transition. Nice work!

Please do stick around and offer your advice and comments as you can. We can all learn from one another and those with the most experience, like yourself, have the most to offer.

Have fun in your new digs! New friends and few chores is never a bad thing! ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-08-04          187792

Hi Frank,

It seems like yesterday that you were building your pole barn! I remember the pix you put up. Time goes by so fast for all of us. When my kids get out of college I will be looking to downsize as well...as you get older less is definitely more in terms of enjoyment.

I hope you can still carve some time out of your day to share some of your insight here at TP.

Best of luck with the sale of your properties/equipment.

Dennis ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2013-08-05          187798

Good luck Frank. I would like to downsize but have trouble talking my wife into the change. Had my first heart stent 2 years ago.

Joe ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2013-08-07          187810

Frank, as Ken pointed out you and your family are fortunate you are able to handle this. Also as has been said don't leave us, at least I need at the help can get!

God Bless you and your wife my friend, KT ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2013-08-08          187817

I spent most of Tuesday at the farm, not really helping but helping the auction folks identify some of my more uncommon tools. We are having the same auction firm do the farm and tool auction as did our house hold goods sale. They handled things in a very professional way so I'm sure they will do fine for the farm things too. Some of my tools were a first time thing for them even tho they been around for thirty some years. They belong to an auctioneers association that gets the word out to people who may have an interest in some of the things we have.

One of you mentioned taking the load off the kids sometime down the road, this is one of our goals. Another goal was us having the choice of where we spend our sunset years instead of being told where we will spend them.

There aren't any retired farmers here in our group, mostly retired factory workers, and construction people, but it is interesting learning how others handled their life's work too.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2013-08-10          187826

Frank GOOD LUCK with the auction. It's good to know you have confidence with the auctioneer.

Glad to know you are incharge of your life yet. My step dad has Alhimers and not a clue.

Thanks for your insight over the years. Keep it up.

Harvey ....

View my Photos
Erickson5006

2013-08-21          187897

First of all, congratulations on your retirement. But if you don't mind reminiscing a little bit, a young kid like me could use some expert advice. I read an old post of yours, claiming that you bought a case 1370. I am researching this tractor to decide whether or not it would be a good buy, and your advice would be greatly appreciated. Please contact me. Or I'll fire up a new thread if i can figure this site out. Thanks in advance. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2013-08-21          187904

Erickson, go to the top of this thread and just above it you should see "click to post a new thread". There may be another way but I am only aware of doing so from an open thread. You are certainly correct about the knowledge we lose ever day. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2013-09-30          188053

Well ole Frank sent me a copy of his Auction bill and he had an very impressive collection of both tractors and then JD a wide collection. His collection of wood working machines was massive. Sort of wish he was near and then glad the sale was far far away. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2013-10-02          188060

Thanks for all the good words form everyone. Our sale of the tools and acreage equipment went very well bringing top dollar and then some. We had a perfect weather day, it had been really hot and miserable until the day of the auction when it was in the seventies with a nice breeze, so a huge crowd came. Some of the more specialized furniture equipment didn't bring half what it cost new, but we had 98% trouble free service from it for thirty years or more for some items, so they didn't owe me a lot, and will serve the new owner for a long time. Being our neighborhood is a pretty strong John Deere area anything green including my Deere hand tools sold really well.

We have everything pretty well settled now except for our second home that has had lots of lookers but no serious buyers yet, I guess we had enough things that went right that there is bound to be one thing that doesn't sell so quickly.

I still check in about every day just to see what is going on and maybe keep up on some of the latest news.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2013-10-14          188127

Glad to hear all went well. As long as you don't read your name in the obits and are still looking down at the grass it's a glorious day.

Stay well and keep checking in.

harvey ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2013-10-15          188132

Thanks Harvey;

I hope to be around a while yet, I think staying busy is one of the keys to a long life. I really doubt I'll equal my Dad, he lived to 95 and was still helping at the shop growing a garden and mowing his own lawn till he was a bit past 90. I thought we would run out of things to do but since June first when we moved here there is something to do almost every day.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2013-10-15          188133

Frank, I suspect you will find a ministry there. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login