Go Bottom Go Bottom

Beware unknown tractor sites

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-16          169282

I just received an email that said something like "You have a new private message at TractorXXXXX.com", where XXXXX was another word (don't want to give them publicity here).

They *almost* got me. I figured it was TractorPoint and almost clicked when I realized that it was not. Now it may be a scam site, or a phishing site, or just some schmoe who is using spam to promote his site, but you've got to read those subject lines and sender address carefully to prevent getting sucked in.

Just a warning to be careful out there, scammers are getting more and more clever. Bastards.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-23          169465

Humm, I got one the other day and wondered if they were really doing what the email said but did not check to see it true or not.

View my Photos
Chief

2010-05-05          170546

Ken,

What you probably got was a mass email sent out by the new owner of said website attempting to inform old members in the data base of the change of ownership and to log in for a look.

Is your email still the Qsolve addy? I can email you the details. ....

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-05-05          170556

I guess we can't let our guard down on about anything. A report on the local news a night ot two ago about fake census takers either calling or coming to the door wanting to confirm sometghing on your fourm, really all they are after is your SS number, etc.
I haven't gotten a "YOU HAVE WON' letter or E-mail for a while now, that must be old tech in the scamming world. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login