Go Bottom Go Bottom

Picture Size on Tractorpoint

View my Photos
unit5alive
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-12-11          137828

Can anyone tell me if the lowest resolution or highest will post the best on here , Craig.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-12-11          137832

There is a tight limit on picture size so low res has always been best. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-12-11          137834

If you want to use bigger pictures, just set yourself up a free account with someone like PhotoBucket or another free hosting service and put them there, and then link to them in a post here.

That way Dennis isn't going to have a huge amount of data traffic to cover.

If you Google something like "free picture hosting" you will see there are many options. Google, MSN & Yahoo all offer free photo hosting for FREE (non-paying registrants) members as well.

The sky is the limit with size and resolution on sites like PhotoBucket. I have a bunch of aerial photo's in my own photobucket account that I share with friends all over the world that way.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2006-12-11          137838

Low resolution on most digital cameras is about 360k, still too big for use on the web, were not going to print them, right ;-)

When we move to the new server in a couple of days the new limit will be about 95k.

A great way to resize photos besides the howto on our add photo page is to use Googles Picasa ( a free photo folio package). Using this package if you email yourself a photo from Picasa it will fit on TP just fine. Just save the emailed photo to disk and then use the TP add photo feature.

Dennis ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2006-12-11          137840

Here is the link for Googles Free Picasa ....

Link:   Google Picasa

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login