Go Bottom Go Bottom

Rims and Tires

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-29          78264

I was wondering where you can get rims and tires for switching a Yanmar from Ags to R4 or turfs.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Rims and Tires

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-01          78308

Not sure if this will help. I thought I had a couple more tire links.

I do remember going thru and weeding the patch of links that I felt were kinda unfriendly to baby tractors.

I look in my antique area have gobs of stuff there. ....

Link:   

Click Here

Rims and Tires

View my Photos
Chief

2004-03-01          78326

Eric, if you are interested in a punchure proof tire that is great on turf; have you considered these? ....

Link:   click here

Rims and Tires

View my Photos
Peters

2004-03-01          78333

That is what I was looking for but I thought maybe there was a company you could get rims with the metric patterns. Will the inch patterns fit? ....

Rims and Tires

View my Photos
Chief

2004-03-01          78338

I think these guys sell rims and tires already built up. I would suggest giving them a call and see if they can work up a tire/rim package for you that would be compatible with your tractor. ....

Rims and Tires

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-03-01          78348

Eric.. there may be a cross over between Deere and Yanmar.

FYI my 4100 and now the 4115, the front rims have a 4 bolt metric pattern just like some older Yanmars I have seen. The rears on both my tractors have a 6 bolt, inch-pattern that is easy to find.

Rims and Tires

View my Photos
Murf

2004-03-01          78356

Eric, this has been a REAL point of contention for me for MANY years. A point which I NEVER tire of throwing in Kubota's face at every opportunity that presents itself.

In Canada Kubota buys a portion of it's rims and tires from EVERY manufacturer there is. They claim it is for the reasdon that competition keeps the price down. Good point. So why then do they put a gun to the head of all the rim manufacturers and say 'in these sizes you will not sell to ANYBODY but us, for anything less than Kubota's MSRP.'. I'm told by colleagues that similar deals exist in the US.

In other words if you are looking for JD rims, and they are in a metric size and pattern, you will either be raped or just not find them available.

I did find a solution a number of years ago, I found that in order to sell into European Union countries the sizes ahd to conform to ISO standards, that means the dimensions are 'standards' that are available to anyone. I merely converted the dimensions into an AutoCad file and emailed it to a precision steel cutting service. I had them make up the 'centers' and bought standard rims then just bolted them together.

Best of luck. ....

Rims and Tires

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-03-01          78359

Eric, what size ags are on the tractor now? ....

Rims and Tires

View my Photos
Peters

2004-03-01          78428

I will have to check on the sizing. I found a good deal on an import tractor that is the right size but want it shod on turfs, R4 or combination thereoff. I need to make sure I can trade them out without making the deal a little sour. ....

Rims and Tires

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-03-01          78464

Let me know if the fronts are 4 x 13 cm.... maybe we can work something out.

MH ....

Rims and Tires

View my Photos
oneace

2004-03-04          78817

check out this site they sell alot of good products that we use more that any other brand ....

Link:   

Click Here

Rims and Tires

View my Photos
ggerber
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-25          81169

I have been lookin for ag rims for my jd1050 for a year and havent found them yet. ....

Rims and Tires

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-26          81187

Dang I hate to refer somebody to another board but I can't find a bookmark or maybe never saved it. Over on Yesterday's Tractors on the Ford Board there was mention of a company that specialized in ag wheels. The company got good reviews in a discussion that may have been a year or so ago. You might post or check the Ford Board archives over there. ....

Rims and Tires

View my Photos
Peters

2004-03-26          81190

Oneace
Galaxy has the tires but the rims and centers (wheels) appear to be only for road tractors (trucks). Tom I thought we had posted the info here before. I'll try and do some digging and post here.
Murf which center did you use?
Eric ....

Rims and Tires

View my Photos
Peters

2004-03-26          81195

The post on TP was Marks. I had requested the tire sizes from the seller but have not recieved yet as it is over seas. ....

Link:   Gremplers

Rims and Tires

View my Photos
Peters

2004-03-26          81196

The other one Mark had found was Heywheel.com. ....

Link:   Heywheel

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login