Go Bottom Go Bottom

Girl attacked by rabid beaver

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-27          60248

Just couldn't resist guys. I think everyone remembers the beaver dam discussion? It was kinda funny except for the part where the little girl was hurt. Hope she recovers completely. This is not far from where my family is.

Link:   Link to Beaver Attack

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-27          60266

You just had to start the beaver thing again, didn't you? ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-07-28          60274

Hay Murf I'll buy the beer and we can drag the beavers behind your boat. After this week you might need to drag me a few NM as well lol. Damn those beavers, they just wont go away. Thats the final solution, a shovel. Too bad for the child. The shots will be far more painfull than the surgery. ....

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-07-28          60282

The link that describes the attack isn't there and I didn't see it. So my best wishes for recovery in what ever happened. As I understand, all mammals can get rabies. It's not particular common in coyotes or beaver, but coyotes will occasionally try to take on an adult beaver--and usually loose. Big beaver can go over 100 lbs. and could do a lot of damage to adult, child or coyote.

On the current subject, and not to make light of the attack: Just the other day we were in the bush and I had to relieve myself. After coming back on the trail I said: 'Dang, there are so many beaver around here that you sort of expect them to leap out of the bushes and start felling saplings around your feet.' Carrying along all that home brew along might make increase the potential.

View my Photos
Murf

2003-07-28          60285

Doc, I'm in but tie the rope the little critters ...

I almost got attacked by a couple of rabid beavers too this weekend.

I was at the Poker Run on Georgian Bay with some buddies on their boats and there was lots of 'rabid beaver' around, of course we call them either 'Dock Fluff' or 'Cougars' normally, but it's allthe same I suppose...ROFLMAO.

Seriously, that little girl has some nasty medical treatments ahead of her, luckily she will be alright though. Those are not animals to be taken lightly, I have seen the size chunks they can take out of a hardwood tree with a single chomp, I can only image what they could do to something as tender as ahuman body.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Ducati996

2003-08-04          60953

I got attacked by a "rabid beaver once...needed a shot of pencillin afterwards ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login