Go Bottom Go Bottom

LA302 Kubota Loader

View my Photos
quarterj
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-05-25          162942

I had a brush rake attached to my LA302 Kubota Loader and over extended it with the bucket full extended down. Heard a big pop and now my loader bucket just flops like a limp noodle. Is it the shocks that I popped and should I just buy new ones or try and fix em. Never ever had a problem like this. The hydrolics are fine. Thanks, Mike

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

LA302 Kubota Loader

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-05-25          162943

Don't understand all your terminology, but if you're abolutely sure there's nothing obviously broken that you can see, could be a blown control valve. (Unless both curl/dump hydraulic cylinders failed internally. You can take them to a shop for rebuilding, or replace them if they can't.) ....

LA302 Kubota Loader

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-05-25          162947

If by shocks you mean the hydraulic cylinders they really can't be overextended (if they could then fluid would be sprayed out everywhere).

If you push your loader joystick forward all the way to where it stops, then push it just a tiny bit more it should click into a "float" detent that stops bucket down pressure and lets it follow the terrain. Is this the flop you describe? Pulling the joystick back should pull it out of float position. Maybe yours is stuck in the detent position internally? ....

LA302 Kubota Loader

View my Photos
quarterj

2009-05-25          162948

Yes its the hydrolic cylinders for the bucket tilt not the lift. They were overexteded when I heard a pop sound. No fluid but the bucket part just falls down wont lift. If i work it down flat to the ground it will sort of work. But when I lift back up it just sags or flops like a noodle. it is very confusing. Nothing looks broke and appears to be the cylinders. Thank you by the way. I will take a pic later today as my camera bat is charging. ....

LA302 Kubota Loader

View my Photos
Murf

2009-05-25          162950

Sounds like you blew the piston seals in one or both of the bucket curl circuit.

If you have a big hydraulics shop nearby they can easily fix it for you, even a farm equipment dealer would likely put a new seal kit in it for you.

If you're a bit handy it's not tough to do it yourself.

Best of luck. ....

LA302 Kubota Loader

View my Photos
quarterj

2009-05-25          162952

Thanks for the ideas. That may be it. (I got a pop when they failed) If i remove them how can you tell that they are bad? Do they have no resistance in one direction? I'm sort of handy and not afraid to try stuff. Can you buy the seals at the dealer? Or would you recomend just taking them in? ....

LA302 Kubota Loader

View my Photos
Murf

2009-05-25          162953

First off, you don't need to remove them to test them.

Take a lines off one of the cylinders and put an air line to it, compressed air (to a certain extent) works just fine to test them. If the piston seals are bad the air will fully extend (or retract) the cylinder and when it gets to the end of the stroke you will air hissing out the other line. No air hissing means that cylinder is fine. Then do the other one.

Be sure to have a) a rag tied over the unused line, and b) safety gear on, gloves, glasses, face mask, etc. and c) a container into which you can pour the oil that will come out while you're doing this.

The seals are standard hydraulic stuff, take one to a hydraulics shop and they will set you up with the right stuff x 2 sets.

Note: what you get at any decent shop will likely be the same as what you would get at the dealer, but will likely be a good bit less. YMMV. ;)

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login