Go Bottom Go Bottom

CAT 1 Quick Hitch

View my Photos
ancy101
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-01-08          167952

Looking at getting a CAT 1 quickhitch and was wondering how well they work? I have a Case IH 1120 with a 10' disc, 4' brush cutter, durt scoop, seeder/speader, 5' blade, 5' box scrapper, and working on a snowblower. Do these things work on all the above listed with out adjustment? Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

CAT 1 Quick Hitch

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-01-08          167953

If you're talking about the 3-point type, there's very little adjustment possible. None at all between the lift pins, a few inches at the toplink. Your implement lift pins better be all exactly the same distance apart. And that distance better be the same as that of the QH. Otherwise, you're wasting you money. Get out the measuring tape

But if you're talking about some other kind of quick attach device, please specify.

//greg// ....

CAT 1 Quick Hitch

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-01-09          167960

Ancy;
I have a Land Pride Cat. 1 quick coupler on my Deere 4310.
It does work quite well but it does set your implements back roughly four inches or whatever the distance the coupler takes up between the three point and the implement pins. This makes your machines a bit harder to lift because of being back farther and on your PTO powered machines the shaft needs to be the correct length.
Before the manufacturers got together on a standard dimension the top pin was not always the same height above the lower pins on every three point machine. Land Pride does have an adjustable top hook to acomidate this while some, Deere "I Match" for example do not. ....

CAT 1 Quick Hitch

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-01-09          167963

They lose their advantage when the attachment needs the PTO connected (as that requires a dismount and hand-work). If the type requires a fitting on the attachment (as well as on the tractor) and you have a lot of them, the cost goes up. And, as has been said, it makes lifting a bit harder on the hitch. Otherwise, there's lots of brands, and if you get one, we'll look forward to your evaluation. ....

CAT 1 Quick Hitch

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-01-09          167966

Auer;
Three years ago this month I had an accident that has left me dependent on a walker to get around so the quick coupler has did me a lot of good. Granted you need to get off to connect the PTO, but with the engine off you can turn the PTO shaft on the tractor to get the splines lined up.
It's pretty much a must to have the machine on a level surface to hook it up to the quick coupler otherwise things don't go too well, just park the machine on the level and things go lots better for hook up.
Before I got hurt I thought nothing of muscleing a machine around by hand or with a pry bar to line up the hitch pins, but that all changed in a split second.
A couple years ago Deere made some noise about an automatic PTO hookup system to go with their "I Match" quick coupler system, but I've never saw one.
Frank. ....

CAT 1 Quick Hitch

View my Photos
kwschumm

2010-01-09          167967

I've got the I-Match quick hitch and like it a lot, but two non-Deere implements had to be modified to work with it and one could not be made to work at all without redesigning its top link connection.

Here are a few things to look for. Compare the length between the bottom links on implement and QH. Compare the vertical height between the bottom and top links. If the top and bottom links of the implement are not in the same vertical plane it may not work unless you have a QH that has an adjustable offset on the top hook. And I ran into a set of rear pallet forks where the link was framed by structural steel and the top hook would not fit under it at all.

A level surface helps a lot, but if you have hydraulic top-and-tilt it is easy to hook up on uneven ground. ....

CAT 1 Quick Hitch

View my Photos
auerbach

2010-01-09          167970

Real sorry to hear that, Hardwood my friend, and hope you mend fast.

Some attachments (like my tree spade or snow blower) you lower to the ground, pull three pins, and drive off. To reattach, you back in, and it's sitting exactly where you left it.

Others, like the scraper blade, disconnect, and it falls down and says, "You and who else is gonna hold me in position the next time you need me?" For this type of attachment I build a holder that keeps it in position during and after disconnection so it's a simple one-man job to reconnect.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login