Go Bottom Go Bottom

3pt quick hitch

View my Photos
northnyman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-06-19          154705

I am considering buying a set of quick hitches for my 3pt hitch to make it easier to hook up my brushog and box blade. I own a kubota l3400 and was wondering if anybody has used these and if there was any problems using them. They look handy and if you do not have to wrestle with your implements to get them hooked up i am all for it. I have seen prices all over the internet ranging from around 50.00 to around 200.00 for a set. I was curious to hear from folks that have them and see where they purchased them from I would like to know the difference between a 50 set and a 200 set.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

3pt quick hitch

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-19          154716

The difference is generally fit & finish. The distance between lower lift hooks is often inconsistent on the cheaper ones. I attribute that to 62 cent an hour Chinese welders versus robotic weldments for the pricer ones.

The biggest complaint folks have about these things is that not all their implements have pins spaced the same distance and the Quick Hitch hooks. I had a QH years ago, experienced the same problem. Sold it and went with a set of Pat's Easy Change - and never looked back.

//greg// ....

3pt quick hitch

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-19          154717

There are quick hitch ends, like Pat's easy change, which go on the ends of the lower lift arms. They help a lot but you still have to get off the tractor to make the top link connection.

I went the other direction, with a full three point JD iMatch hitch. There are other models (Land Pride makes one I think) that are a bit more adjustable, but with one of these you don't even have to get out of the seat to change implements (except for those that require pto hookup). This works best when your implements all fit. I modified a couple of implements to make them fit and the investment in time and money was worth it to me. ....

3pt quick hitch

View my Photos
auerbach

2008-06-20          154722

Usually (at least for me) the hardest hookup is the PTO shaft, and none of the quickies do that for you, so if you get an attachment that needs the PTO you'll have to do that anyway. And when you detach an implement, it has to stay in position so you can hook up next time. Some, like a scraper blade, would have to be blocked up or may fall over after disconnection. But if those aren't issues for you, I'd have a look at the Delta system. ....

3pt quick hitch

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-07-12          155254

Whats a delta system?
Anyone strongly recomend a name? My back is not getting younger and I too was wrestling blades and plows around. Was thinking the same thing, "dam I need a quicky!) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login