Go Bottom Go Bottom

implement to carry rock or dirt 3pt

View my Photos
chrisscholz
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-10-08          117576

Before I buy my subcompact with a loader, is there an implement I can buy or rig up to mount on my old allis with 3pt hitch to help move or carry landscaping rock/mulch/dirt? (Save time using my wheelbarrow on the bigger jobs)

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-08          117580

For rocks I often just use the 3 pt pallet forks and pallet. I just roll the rocks up on the pallet and then move it where I want. It does depend on how steep of terrain you have.

View my Photos
44trxfun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-09          117610

I haven't used one myself, but how about a 3PH scoop? From what I've read, they work pretty well for what you're describing. ....

View my Photos
chrisscholz
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-10-09          117634

What is a 3pt scoop, who sells them, and how much do they usually cost?

Thanks for the help. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-10-09          117637

Did you see the link I posted on the other thread you started on this? Here's a link to the thread. ....

Link:   Other dirt scoop thread

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2005-10-10          117660

Before buying my Kubota I used a scoop on my Ford 2N quite a bit. For moving dirt you can just put the 3pt down, drive forward and scoop it up. IF it's reversed and mounted scoop backward it's easy to throw rocks on and haul them away. Then just trip the bucket and dump. My King Kutter wasn't much over $200 (four years ago).
Dave ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2005-10-13          117830

I purchased from Agri Supply a 3 point mounted bucket that looks just like for front end loeader. It has small hyd cyl to replace 3rd arm. You raise it with 3 point hitch and tilt it with hyd cylinder. Your tractor must have one remote hyd for this to work. Agri Supply is on the web and if this is not on there send them email on it. It was made in Florida. It did cost more than the scope bucket but haven used both no comparions to advantage. Scope will dig and this will not. Range of action is not near the same as front end loader but neither is price. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login