Go Bottom Go Bottom

Super Bowl predictions

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-02-05          182279

I predict that as with any other football game I'll be asleep before the fitst first down is completed. About as exciting as watching paint dry in my opinion.
The Mrs. does get kinda worked up about a game of most any kind, basketball is her favorite. In fact so worked up that I have to fix my own supper if I get any at all.
The mowers are waiting at the gate,(in the shed), so to speak, fueled up, lubed up, polished up. Let's get some grass growing so I have something interesting to do.
I've built two tables and started a third one so far this winter, and our kitchen cabinets need refacing, but I'm craving some sunshine and fresh tilled soil.

Frank.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Super Bowl predictions

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-02-05          182282

I predict that the the total number of points scored will be less than 100 :)

And that I will refuse to watch Madonna at half time!

These Super Bowls are always just too Hollywood for me, but at least our NY Giants are in it. ....

Super Bowl predictions

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-02-05          182284

I predict that Team A will win. Or maybe Team B. Not that I know who those teams are. ....

Super Bowl predictions

View my Photos
hardwood

2012-02-06          182289

I did watch a bit of it just before halftime to see who the superstar entertainer would be. Soon as I saw Madonna I shut it off, I thought she was a has been years ago. ....

Super Bowl predictions

View my Photos
hardwood

2012-02-06          182291

Dennis;

I had to chuckle a bit this morning when the sports guy on the local TV station was recaping the Super bowl game.
His comment was something like "I was deep into the game till Madonna come on, then I had to leave till I was sure she was done".

Frank. ....

Super Bowl predictions

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-02-06          182292

One persons trash is another's treasure is the way the old saying. It seems we both view trash a lot alike. ....

Super Bowl predictions

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2012-02-06          182294

My son and I watched the game last night using our DVR. We stopped at the half before Madonna, had some sandwiches, and then skipped past the half time show as if it never happened.

Man was that ever great, cutting out all that hoopla Hollywood stuff made it feel like it was just another football game without the excessive cheesy stuff.....

My Uncle used to say watching millionaires play football is just a bit lacking in authenticity.... ....

Super Bowl predictions

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-02-06          182300

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisCTB | view 182294
My son and I watched the game last night using our DVR.We stopped at the half before Madonna, had some sandwiches, and then skipped past the half time show as if it never happened.Man was that ever great,cutting out all that hoopla Hollywood stuff made it feel like it was just another football game without the excessive cheesy stuff..... My Uncle used to say watching millionaires play football is just a bit lacking in authenticity....

Dennis the last line: now I understand the heated and cooled stadiums and NO mud. ....

Super Bowl predictions

View my Photos
hardwood

2012-02-07          182309

I've never been one to be comfortable when in a huge crowd so going to big stadiums never appealed to me no matter what the occasion, Just too much of a country boy I guess.
I'm afraid I would be so overwhelmed by going to an event like the Super Bowl that I wouildn't enjoy it at all. I've often said that I wouldn't go to a big time thing like the SB or the Daytona 500 if someone gave me the tickets.
I did go to a Twins game once when our daugeter took us as a gift for our birthdays, that was a long time ago when Kirby Pucket was their star player.
I've been to two Iowa football games in my lifetime, both times because someone couldn't go and gave us the tickets. That was big time enough for me but nothing compared to the SB.

Frank.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login