Go Bottom Go Bottom

Nortrac Tractor Transmission trouble

View my Photos
oierobert
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-04-07          183057

I bought this tractor from northern hydraulics. I am having transmission problems (clutch) I can not figure out the manufacture of the transmission and where to get repair manuals?
If anybody has one and can help me I would appreciate it.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-04-07          183058

I believe Northern sells Jimna tractors. People have said that Northern provides reasonably good support for the tractors they sell. If you haven't tried contacting them maybe it would be a good thing to do. At the least they should have manuals for the items they have sold. Maybe they can provide one that you can download. ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-04-07          183059

Depends upon model year and engine size. All NorTracs are now Fotons. But earlier the small ones (<40hp) were Jinma and the larger ones (40hp+) were Fotons. And the previous poster is correct, Northern should be able to sell you the appropriate manuals. Nothing clutch specific; they have
*engine operations and maintenance
*engine parts
*tractor operations and maintenance
*tractor parts.

Before you order, have the info off both the engine and tractor data plates handy by the phone. Engine plate is typically on the valve cover or on the side of the block. Tractor plate is typically inside a rear fender or alongside the transmission housing.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2012-04-07          183062

What is the clutch problem? (You can adjust or replace. One is easy, the other hard.) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login