Go Bottom Go Bottom

TYM

View my Photos
8x56mn
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-03-26          169528

OK guys I'm a long time Kobota owner, but am looking seriously at the TYM T300. They have some great deals going on right now. Has anyone had expierience with them thaqt you could share.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TYM

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-03-26          169532

Is TYM an abreviation for a brand name? Tell me more. ....

TYM

View my Photos
8x56mn

2010-03-26          169534

TYM is a brand name for a Korean tractor company ....

TYM

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-26          169536

TYM stands for "Tong Yang Moolsan" the name of a Korean tractor company. According to their website they've been making farm tractors since 1951.

Other than seeing them at shows, and speaking to the (obviously slightly biased) dealers, I don't know anything much about them.

They looked decently built, but again, that's just the appearance.

Best of luck. ....

TYM

View my Photos
johndeerefan

2010-03-26          169543

Before you buy that tym tractor check out the Mahindra tractors. They are made in japan by mitsubishi and they are a good tractor with a reasonable price ....

TYM

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-26          169544

Not sure if I wandered into an alternate reality here or what. But I've always considered TYM a Chinese tractor, and Mahindra an Indian tractor. When did they become Korean and Japanese?

//greg// ....

TYM

View my Photos
8x56mn

2010-03-26          169545

I'm nervous, but the five year warrantee, dealer 5 minuets away who has always serviced my Kubota, free delivery and 50 and 100m hour service all at a price of 14000 is very inviting. This is why I asked the question. I am looking at two Kubota’s tomorrow however and watching one on EBay. Turns out my tractor has a blown pinion shaft assembly and will out of service for a week.):

TYM

View my Photos
8x56mn

2010-03-26          169546

Nope, check their website, their made in South Korea. ....

TYM

View my Photos
Murf

2010-03-26          169548

Not only is TYM a South Korean tractor, but they made the Mahindra "10" series for them also.

From what I understand Mahindra buys several of it's models that get imported into the US from other companies.

Best of luck. ....

TYM

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-03-26          169562

http://www.tym-tractors.com/history.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahindra_Tractors ....

TYM

View my Photos
auerbach

2010-03-27          169573

From hearsay on another S-Korean brand, you get excellent value on paper but in practice you better have a good source of parts and service nearby (moreso than with Japanese makes).

If, as it sounds, you need your tractor every day, you could contract for a loaner if it goes out of service during warranty. ....

TYM

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-03-27          169574

I'd be a bit leary till I saw several of them around for a few years, then go back and look again. I know somebody has to be first, but I've gotten stung a time or two being the first kid on the block type thing. The known brands will cost more but at trade in time they don't say, "You want to trade in a WHAT?" ....

TYM

View my Photos
johndeerefan

2010-03-27          169581

guys i commented on the mahindra tractors the other day. but check out cub cadet. they are built with yanmar diesel engines and if they are as good as their mowers then they are a good tractor.

TYM

View my Photos
8x56mn

2010-03-28          169587

Yes, the trade in value is something that concerned me also, but I'm 62 and don't plan to buy another tractor in my life time:)The dealer has been real good to me over the years and has been selling this brand for a number of years, there are about 16 or so customers of his that have purchased them here in our immediate vicinity. He sells several different brands. Parts don't seem to be a problem. This brand has been in the US for over 20 years, so their not exactly brand new on the scene. The warranty (5years) and service is what impressed me the most.Free 50 and 100 hr. service thrown in. I test drove one Saturday and was quite impressed with the way everything was laid out and handled. Very smooth and steering was very nice. The price is hard to ignore, 30hp tractor for 14 grand. 62" bucket, it will lift 1800 lbs close to 8 feet in the air. It appears to be a stout little beast. Anyway I done the deed and now have 2 tractors, my B2150 and this TYM. Don't hate me guys. Now I’m looking for a box blade for it as well. ....

TYM

View my Photos
kevanos

2010-04-28          170386

TYM = "Tong Yang Moolsan", based in South Korea, never has been Chinese. They have manufactured tractors for SAME, Mahindra and Montana, and have been sold in the USA under the Millenium and Scorpion brands as well. TYM also builds John Deere tractors for sale in S.Korea. Several of their models use John Deere engines.

Mahindra is based in India. They buy some tractors from Tong Yang (10-series), Mitsubishi (15- and 16-series), build some in China at their J.V. (2525 for example), and the rest they build themselves in India (00-, 25-, 30-series) ....

TYM

View my Photos
kevanos

2010-04-30          170459

Correction: TYM does NOT build any John Deere models. They do distribute (assemble?) some Case IH and SAME tractors in S.Korea. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login