Go Bottom Go Bottom

Agracat fuel lines have to be bled to start every time

View my Photos
jde2814
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-11-04          166717

Recently ran out of fuel. Filled with fuel, bled the lines. She started right up. However, now I have to bleed the lines each time I go to run the tractor. Any ideas why? I have replaced the fuel filter. Another funny tidbit, if I tighten the fuel bowl all the way down it will not fill with fuel. If i loosen it a little, fuel flows freely.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-11-04          166719

You just have to modify your bleeding technique a little bit. The hand pump you're using is only good on the low pressure side. That is, only as far as the input to the injection pump. There's a flexible line between the fuel filter and the injection pump. That's the last stretch of low pressure. After that, the high pressure side has to be pumped by the engine - or in the case of bleeding - by the starter motor.

So loosen the banjo fitting at the input to the injection pump. Work the hand pump until raw fuel comes out. That ensures your fuel filter housing is full. Tighten that fitting back down. Now follow the steel lines upwards, from the injection pump to the fuel injectors. Loosen the hex fittings the connect the lines to the injectors. Set the hand throttle at about 50%. Crank the engine with the starter motor. Bubbles will eventually start coming out around the hex fittings. As the bubbles turn to raw fuel, tighten the fittings. Start the engine.

If that doesn't work, we'll discuss the possibility of pump problems.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-11-04          166720

As to the fuel bowl not being full that is not uncommon. ....

View my Photos
jde2814

2009-11-04          166721

Thanks for the info. My model is a 3720- don't know if that makes a difference. Also, line from filter to injection pump is steel, not flexible. Again, not sure that matters. I did all of that today and it started right up. I will try it again tomorrow after sitting overnight and let you know what happens.

Do you think I was bleeding it enough to run before, but after it would sit there a while remaining air in the system would migrate to the injectors? ....

View my Photos
jde2814

2009-11-04          166722

any idea what the cause is? ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2009-11-04          166725

Quote:
Originally Posted by jde2814 | view 166722
any idea what the cause is?
Let's wait till you report back tomorrow before going there. The AgraCat 3720 by the way, is just a rebadged Jinma 304 (JM304) if/when you need parts.

Haven't seen a steel line between the filter and the injection pump before. Are you sure it's just not a braided flex line? Or are you not the original owner?

//greg// ....

View my Photos
jde2814

2009-11-05          166735

She started right up today after sitting all night. So, maybe just wasn't bleeding the system completely before. I appreciate all of your help.

I am not the original owner of this tractor, I bought it used. What are the proper fluids to use in the front and rear hydraulics? Also, what is the proper engine oil. I have a manual that the previous owner gave me, however it has been "loosely" translated to english and I don't always understand it.

One more question. When looking at the tractor head on the front wheels tip out at the top. Is that normal? ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2009-11-05          166740

Usual engine oil is any diesel rated 15W40. I don't recommend synthetics - at least for the first 300 hours. Usual hydraulic fluid is AW32. But folks who live in warm climates - or store their tractors over winter - can use AW46. Year round use in hot climates, AW68.

Toe in is required, especially with a front loader. Manufacturer spec is 1/4", but with a loader you can safetly increase that to 1/2". Instructions should be in your Chinglish manual. If not, we can work it out with a few emails

Actually, there should be FOUR manuals: engine parts, tractor parts, engine operations/maintenance, tractor operations/maintenance. Any Jinma dealer will be happy to sell you manuals, tell them you have a JM304.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
jde2814

2009-11-05          166741

Thank you I will order the manuals. I have always understood toe in to mean the tires are closer together in front than in the rear. Is that what you mean? What seems odd to me is that the tires are further apart at the top then the bottom. i.e. they aren't perpendicular to the ground. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2009-11-05          166743

Ah, I get your point. You're talking about camber. On these machines, positive camber is already engineered in. Not much in the way of adjustment. Again, it has to do with weight distribution and steering.

But what I said about toe-in still applies; 1/4" minimum, up to 1/2" if you carry a lot of stuff around with the front loader.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-11-06          166751

Sure not saying all do or one brand does such while another does different but just by casual observation over the years some really do lean as you mentioned. If you have ribbed front tires guess due to the ribs giving you vertical lines is more noticable. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2009-11-06          166756

Positive camber is, as Greg mentioned, designed into tractors on purpose.

It does 2 things, first, it reduces the effort required to steer the tractor. The second reason though, and probably as important, is that with a high positive camber the inside tire is able to get a much better grip when it is turned in for a tight corner.

Without that the tractor would tend to 'snowplow' straight forward when the wheels were turned since the rear axle generally has better traction than the fronts, especially under conditions like pulling a load.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
jde2814

2009-11-06          166757

Thanks to everyone on their comments. The tractor is running again and I will get the right fluids in it. Also, thanks for the discussion on positive camber. I thought something was wrong with it, shows what I know :-) ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-11-07          166783

Quote:
Originally Posted by jde2814 | view 166757
Thanks to everyone on their comments.The tractor is running again and I will get the right fluids in it.Also, thanks for the discussion on positive camber.I thought something was wrong with it, shows what I know :-)

I think you did a good job telling why we all are here..."shows what I know" everybody hits a wall and nobody knows it all (in the positive sense). ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2009-11-21          166980

You also might want to join the Chinese Tractor Owners Association. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login