Go Bottom Go Bottom

Need Help Tractor won t move

View my Photos
nvsebastian
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-02-11          168528

I have a Kubota L2850. Iwas using it to move snow the last few days and everything was fine, this morning after dumping a load of snow the tractor would not move in forward or reverse. I tried all forward gears and nothing, I don't have a manual and could use some help, had to pull it out of the road.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-02-11          168529

Nvsebastian,

I'd look under the tractor to see if you don't have a bunch of ice or snow crammed in under the clutch linkage assembly.

Sounds to me as though your clutch isn't even engaging.

If your clutch is working, you should notice a bit of engine rpm drop when you let the clutch out. If your engine rpms don't change at all, your clutch is probably being held open by ice and snow.

I'd check the clutch linkage and make sure that you don't have a bunch of melted snow that has turned to ice, blocking its movement.

Hope that helps.

Joel ....

View my Photos
nvsebastian

2010-02-11          168530

Thanks, I will go have a look see. I hope it helps too. You know now that you mentioned it there was no change in RPM's. ....

View my Photos
nvsebastian

2010-02-11          168531

Well, there is no snow or ice under the machine and it still won't go into gear. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-02-11          168532

If it's much below freezing I'm not surprised in the least, we used to have that problem, and loaders that didn't want to move, after clearing snow and then parking them overnight.

You say it "won't go into gear", is it a GST transmission or regular gear transmission?

I'm willing to bet it's a GST, and that if you start it up and let it idle at about 1,300 -1,500 rpm for a while it will work just fine again.

Well, until you do the same thing again anyway. LOL

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
nvsebastian

2010-02-11          168537

I'll give it a try but I don't have much faith in that advise. The tractor was running for over an hour and moving snow for about 40 minutes so it was good and warm.The linkage feels like it is going into proper placement but when I let out the clutch nothing happens, no RPM drop nothing. I think I'll call the Kubota dealer in the AM and then a roll back to pick it up. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-02-13          168576

Just wondering, does your tractor have a range or direction lever or pedal that may not be in gear or it's linkage may be loose?

View my Photos
8x56mn

2010-02-14          168623

Well this hapens to me now and again. The Lever for hi, low and mid range will get bumped with my foot and go into neutral, check to make sure it's in one of the ranges. ....

View my Photos
nvsebastian

2010-02-15          168631

Well, we checked all linkage for clutch, direction lever and gear selection lever and they seem to be working. Tried to adjust the clutch and tractor seemed to want to move but just won't get going. Caqlled the local dealer and he is picking it up today, he thinks the clutch needs to be replaced but will double check what we did first. I found out the clutch had been adjusted twice before during the fifteen years it has belong to the company. Some other tractor guys told me if the clutch has been adjusted a few timesw it probably needs to be replaced now, oh well. ....

View my Photos
charlieK

2010-02-19          168714

keep us posted--we wanna know why it did not move!!!!!!!! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login