Go Bottom Go Bottom

bx 2230 slow to dump with loader

View my Photos
roaf3x
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-10-29          157561

Hi Guys,

My Dad's BX 2230 takes about 30 seconds to "dump" when you move the loader handle to the right. He is convinced that there is a rogue air bubble floating around in his system.

He has exercised all of the valve positions and it only is slow in the "dump" mode. The connections have been attached and reattached. Do the connectors go bad?

Has anyone seen this problem before?

He has less than 300 hours on this unit.

Thanks to all that reply!!

RD

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-10-29          157562

Try interchanging the connections for curl and dump. (Then you'll move out to curl and in to dump.) How it works then will point to whether the problem is in the controller or somewhere like the curl/dump cylinders. If both functions work normally, then try moving them back. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-10-29          157563

Also double check that both quick disconnects on the curl circuit are seated properly.

If you bump or tug on the lines very hard it's possible for them to be improperly connected or seated.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-10-29          157565

Murf,

Is there an orifice in the return line, which controls the speed of the gravity dump circuit? I don't know anything about the BX series tractors.

My neighbor had this problem with one of his loaders, and we discovered that the orifice in the return line was partially plugged with a piece of rubber, possibly from the inner hose casing, or maybe from a worn cylinder seal. The orifice is installed to prevent the bucket from dumping too rapidly when full of gravel, sand, etc.

I have no idea if these orifices are still used in today's equipment, but that's a possibility.

Joel ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-10-29          157570

I have several attachments with different makers of connectors. I've had the odd hydraulic connector look like it was properly connected but wasn't. Even tugging on it sometimes isn't enough to ensure it's connected internally ....

View my Photos
Murf

2008-10-30          157573

Joel, usually the dump speed is regulated by the valve maker designing one port smaller than the other inside the valve itself, the odd time I've seen an adjustable choke on one side, but that's rare.

Usually it's just as Jeff (EW) said, a bit of debris or something holds the two quick connects slightly apart. Doing so means the two ball bearings which open & close the flow of oil are not engaging each other fully either. This of course acts as a choke slowing the flow through that one side. If the circuit is already limited to keep dump speed down to a safe level, then what the original poster complained of would happen.

It's been my experience that when one circuit, or one half of one circuit, as in this case, starts to act up, and there are quick disconnects in that circuit, that's where to start looking for the culprit.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-10-30          157575

I've had the spring behind the ball break in one half of a coupler set, this causes such things too. Does one half of the coupler set have a ball valve and the other half have the pointed valve instead of the ball? Could there be somethinmg as simple as a stick, some dirt from off the platform of the tractor that is keeping the lever from moving the control valve as far as iot should go?? ....

View my Photos
roaf3x

2008-11-05          157690

I am not sure if being a quart low would be the culprit but it fixed the problem . Thanks for the help!!

RD ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-11-06          157697

IMHO, might be purely coincidence. Being that low, really isn't that much in the scheme of things. You can lose that much fluid level just sitting on uneven ground. For something hydraulic to be consistently or predictably slow without being jerky or sluggish usually means a bad pump when all other things are ruled out. However, jerky motion usually indicates fluid starvation and aeration of the system--which will quickly lead to a bad pump. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login