Go Bottom Go Bottom

BX2200 3 Point Hitch

View my Photos
judd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-03-14          13746

Has anyone tried hooking up a 3 point hitch implement on a BX tractor? I tried hooking up a BX2200 to a JD 413 rotary cutter and couldn't get the draft arms far enough apart to hook it up!!!! Kubota claims in their literature that the BX tractors have a Category 1 three point hitch but it looks like a Lawn & Garden Cat 0 three point hitch with Cat 1 hitch balls!!!!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

BX2200 3 Point Hitch

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-03-15          13757

there are different width's of all catagories of hitches. Cat 1, cat2, cat3, some times on different applications you need to reverse the pins and have them to the inside. This can be of some inconveince the first time but once the hitches are set up to work properly your all set. ....

BX2200 3 Point Hitch

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-03-15          13758

On many small tractors with 3 points that can be a problem. Did you take the pins off the implemant & reinstall them pointing in? ....

BX2200 3 Point Hitch

View my Photos
judd

2000-03-15          13773

I don't think so. SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) and ASAE (American Society of Agricultural Engineers) are very specific and it appears these tractors are out of spec. ....

BX2200 3 Point Hitch

View my Photos
Richard

2000-03-15          13776

If you look at the BX sales flyer they show the pins on the box blade facing inside. There are a lot of small Cat 1 impliments that use Cat 0 spacing. so just stick to impliments that allow the pins to be reversed or are at the Cat 0 width. ....

BX2200 3 Point Hitch

View my Photos
Art White

2000-03-16          13798

Judd, I'm interested in seeing the report from the society of engineers, if you would plese e-mail me location of that or a copy please. ....

BX2200 3 Point Hitch

View my Photos
Nuclear_Weapon7

2000-03-16          13803

Judd, I'm also interested in seeing the spec for 3 pt hitches IF you have any of those reports please post it in a new thread in this forum.

BX2200 3 Point Hitch

View my Photos
Richard

2000-03-16          13813

I would also like to see a copy of this report. Is there any other specifcations that are used in the rest of the world? The information that I have on three point specifications states that Cat 0 is for less that 20 HP and Cat 1 is for 20-45 HP. The BX is rated at 18 or 22 HP depending on the version. But I have seen this type of hybrid hitch on other compact tractors in the past. Please Post this report or provide a link to a site were I can read it. ....

BX2200 3 Point Hitch

View my Photos
Roy

2000-03-16          13821

So far, I have only used a 5' rear blade on my BX. Off and on without problems. Checked the JD site, the 413 is a Cat-1, so it should work (if not, something is out of specification somewhere). I assume you loosened the turnbuckle. May have to totally release the turnbuckle all the way to 'spread' wide enough just to get on. Have you consulted your Kubota dealer? (As a BX owner, I am concerned about this, and would like to know the resolution). ....

BX2200 3 Point Hitch

View my Photos
Jack in IL

2000-03-16          13824

The Category 0 hitch STANDARDS are controlled by the American Society of Agricultural Engineers (ASAE) while Category I and larger are done by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE). These are pages contained in very large books--not reports that can be easily mailed. You might be able to find them in major libraries. However, the content is extremely dry reading. It basically indicates distances between draft link ball centers, mast heights, and many more details. Now the real problem that is being addressed in this thread comes from the fact that at the Category 0 and Category I levels, manufacturers of the implements often fail to follow the standards carefully. This is in contrast to Category II and up for large ag tractors where they do tend follow the standards. As a consequence, you will find Category I implements with a wide range of distances between draft link balls as well as mast heights. Furthermore, when trying to use some Cat I implements on Cat 0 tractors or small compact utility tractors "built low to the ground," the vertical height of the implement draft pins when the implement is parked may be very high relative to the tractor draft links. When attached and raised, the implement just barely clears the ground. (Been there--done that!!). The bottom line is that the only sure way to know is to actually try the implement with the tractor before buying the implement. If you stick to small light duty Cat I implements that can have the pins reinstalled pointing inwards or if the implement has "bridge" pins that just happen be centered properly for your tractor, you can usually get a working combination. (Sorry for the long post--I'm a friend of Mark Chalkley and picked up some of his habits.) ....

BX2200 3 Point Hitch

View my Photos
judd

2000-03-16          13827

Roy, the turnbuckle was not the problem. I pushed the draft arms out as wide as I could and they hit the frame around the drawbar area. The turnbuckle was NOT hindering the draft arms from moving out. ....

BX2200 3 Point Hitch

View my Photos
Roy

2000-03-17          13832

Maybe Jack has it nailed. Since I don't have the situation, I got to leave up to you to resolve. Judd, please post or e-mail me when the problem is resolved. Wouldn't hesitate calling the dealer at all. Maybe they will come out and try to attach it themselves. ....

BX2200 3 Point Hitch

View my Photos
Rod

2000-03-17          13839

Have you tried putting one side on, sliding the link as far on as possible, then stretching the hitch apart and putting the other side on. I had a similar problem with my TC18 the first time I tried to attach something to the 3-point. Turned out that I just needed to 'loosen up' the connections through use of the three point. Haven't had a problem since. ....

BX2200 3 Point Hitch

View my Photos
Murf

2000-03-17          13845

For what it's worth, I have seen many small Compacts which had the same problem, the usual solution was to reverse only ONE pin. That way the implement slides sideways onto both pins from the same direction, at the same time. Normally there is enough tolerance in the anti-sway linkage to accomplish this without physically moving the implement, just the arms. Best of luck. ....

BX2200 3 Point Hitch

View my Photos
Roy

2000-03-19          13930

Ah, now I see the problem. Picked up 2 new toys today, a middle buster and a 4' rear blade for my BX. (The 5' blade I had used was on loan from the dealer. It was great, but I really didn't want something that large or heavy). Anyway, after spreading-to-the-max, it still would not allow enough space to go over both pins. Then I remember that the pins go into balls, not holes, which can rotate any direction. So I skewed the blade (slightly angled) and inserted onto one side. Then I aligned it with the second hole, and it's on! Now, granted, this would not work for heavier implements, no way could you move (angle) them. For a mower or a tiller, seems like the reverse-one or reverse both suggestions would work (depending on size and weight). BTW. One quirk I had was the TSC equipment I purchased is that it is Cat-1, but the upper holes only are Cat-2. Had to go back and buy a longer Cat-1 pin and spacers to attach the top link. No big deal. ....

BX2200 3 Point Hitch

View my Photos
Jack in IL

2000-03-19          13937

For Category I, the Standard draft link (lower) pin diameters are 7/8" and the top link pin diameter is 3/4". On Cat 0, all are 5/8" diameter. The length of the top link pin required depends on the implement design. Two lengths are in common use and both are available at TSC and similar stores. With regard to the procedure for attaching one side and then the other, this is the normal way of doing it even with heavy implements. After first attaching one draft link, if you can't move the implement by hand to get the other on, get on the tractor, ease it forward or backward and simultaneously lift or lower the 3 point as required to align the ball and pin. ....

BX2200 3 Point Hitch

View my Photos
Dave E

2000-08-02          18473

I had a ZETOR, 2040. The lit said it had a cat 1 hitch, but the owners man refered to it as a Cat 1N. N for narrow. The pins are the same size as Cat 1 standard, but the hitch itshelf is narrower. 2 things to fix this, move the pins on the impliment to the inside, if possible, or... make you some lower arms to cat 1 specs, wich is what I did after a spell. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login