Go Bottom Go Bottom

Blowen engine

View my Photos
Malouf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-05-14          153681

Recently I purchased what as suppost to be a 2004 Kioti 3054 tractor. The tractor had 354 hours on it when I purchased it. I used the machine for about 8 hours and the engine lost a piston.
I have been trying to deal with the local dealer but I just do not think they are treating me honestly. They have informed me the serial number on my tractor doesen't exist. They they tried so sell me a motor out of a tractor that was sunk in a local canal! Of course it would be rebuild.
Does anyone know of a Kioti recall due to engine major failure?
I contacted the Kioti importer and they do not even return calls!
I am located in Northern California and I need the 30 HP engine to get this thing back on the field!

Any help is appreicated.
Mark

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Blowen engine

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-05-14          153682

Mark,

Unless I'm mistaken, California has some of the most stringent consumer protection laws in the nation.

If I were in your shoes, I'd contact the County State's Attorney for some free legal advice. This could well be a case in which you may have the law on your side. Take advantage of it, because most of California's laws go against you.

If your County State's Attorney can't help you, contact your local State Representatives, State Senators, and possibly even a private practice attorney......though only as a last resort.

Wishing you the best.

Joel ....

Blowen engine

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-05-14          153683

Mark, was the number you called 1-877-GOKIOTI? Per their web site that is the USA company. They are located in North Carolina. Is the party your purchased it form where they can help you at least to tell you what dealership it was sold by? Could be more than one reason they don't find your serial number begining with wrong number entered in database. kt

Blowen engine

View my Photos
Murf

2008-05-14          153684

Without knowing what happened to the engine other than "the engine lost a piston." it's hard to tell what is going on.

I'm not sure, but suspect, if the serial number doesn't exist, that it might not be a grey market machine. There was a big price disparity for a number of years on these things, it's entirely possible the tractor was imported by someone other than Kioti themselves.

Regardless, even if it was imported by Kioti for sale in the US it seems like the machine would be out of warranty anyways.

Sometimes honey goes further than vinegar..... Try talking quietly with the dealer principal and Kioti themselves and see what they might be willing to do for you.

Either way, keep us informed, it's always good to hear how various companies treat owners of their products.

Best of luck. ....

Blowen engine

View my Photos
auerbach

2008-05-14          153692

You bought it from a private seller, right Mark? Was there anything in writing about its condition?

Being briefly submerged shouldn't hurt an engine, so that might be a good bet. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login