Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
kangaroo31
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-08-21          144883

Koiti DK40SE with FEL/Canopy/AG tires (Front wheels flip to max to get inside ~48", rear tires inside match it)
+ 2 bottom moldboard 14" plow
+ 7 1/2' heavy duty disk harrow
Total ~21K out door, 0% 36month.
Deliver this weekend. Thanks for all the people here give suggestions.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-08-21          144884

Kangaroo,

Congratulations! Enjoy your new place, and the tractor. I wish you all the best.

Please stop in to let us know how everything is going once in a while, OK?

Read the manual and be careful out there.

Joel ....

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
kangaroo31

2007-08-22          144904

Thanks, Joel. I will update the progress.
I hurt by poison ivy last week. No a big deal but do need careful. Especialy the big toy and attachments.

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
DK35vince

2007-08-22          144930

Good luck with the new machine. Hope your new DK 40 works as well as my DK 35 has for me.
I have 1000+ hours on my DK 35. Works great, no problems..

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
kangaroo31

2007-08-26          145053

Thanks, but It is the second day. My tractor stuck in the mud.
I am lazy, did not take off FEL. Right now is too late. left front wheel sink first, try to back become worse. Try couple time, the mud is up to whole base level. Any suggestion except use shovel? ....

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-08-26          145058

Kangaroo31,

You should be able to back out. Use the loader to help.

Roll the bucket to the full dump position, then lower it into the mud. As you attempt to back out, roll the bucket edge forward.

Your bucket and loader are your best friends in the mud.

Joel ....

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-08-27          145061

Kangaroo,

Provided that the loader trick doesn't work.......here's a recipe for success.

If you have any implement attached to your tractor, you are going to have a difficult time backing out. It may be necessary to remove the implement before attempting to get the tractor out of there.

You may need another tractor, or possibly a pickup truck to help drag the implement out of the way. Use chains, rather than ropes. Nylon ropes are very dangerous to work with in these situations.

Now that you have the implement out of the way.......

Since you already have the loader on, you can use it to lift the front tires off of the ground. Once your front tires are up in the air, place heavy wood planks under your front tires. You may have to place heavy wood planks under your bucket in order to get enough lift. Place the planks under the front wheels in such a way that they will be able to support your front tires as you begin to roll back. A plank that is long enough to reach the rear wheels is preferred, as this will provide you with about 6 feet of travel distance as you begin to roll back.

At the rear of the tractor, use more heavy planks to support a hydraulic jack, or a High-lift jack. If you place your jack directly under your loader bracket, you will be able to lift one entire side of the tractor off the ground. Place heavy wood planks under all of the tires, again positioned to support your tractor as you begin to roll backward. You will want your planks to extend rearward, behind the tractor, so that you have a surface to ride on as you begin to roll back.

Now that your tractor is on firm footing, you may begin backing it out. When you reach the end of your planks, stop the tractor and reposition them to make an additional 6 foot run. This should be far enough to prevent any further problems.

If not, you should be able to use your loader and bucket to help push yourself out the rest of the way.

And now for a small lecture............

Once any wheel of your tractor begins to sink in the mud, immediately stop the tractor. Do not attempt to drive out. It is always much easier to free one stuck wheel, than to free a sunken tractor.

As soon as one wheel begins to sink, stop the tractor and position your loader and bucket to help push yourself out. Once you have your tractor bucket placed in the soil, slowly begin moving in reverse, while at the same time rolling your bucket forward. This will get you out of a mess nearly every time.

If you have any questions, please ask. I'll gladly help in any way I can.

Joel

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-08-27          145063

Kangaroo,

You're a lucky person. I remember seeing the photo you posted of your property.

As a last resort, you can use one of your trees as a base for which to attach a chain hoist and a cable. You'll need a heavy duty clevis on each end, and a good cable at least 3/8" in diameter. You will also need a few shorter pieces of chain, with grab hooks attached to the ends. And then you'll need a pickup to pull on the chain hoist.

For this job, you'll need at least at least one additional pair of hands and eyes to help you.

At any rate, this work can be dangerous. Please use caution when working with jacks, cables, chains, and heavy pulling equipment. Bad things can happen in the blink of an eye. It is always best to have an additional person around, in the event that you get pinned, or injured in some other way.

Joel ....

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
kangaroo31

2007-08-27          145064

Joel:Thanks so much,it is 5:20am,and I am going to the field and bring my shovel. unluck, the closest tree is abaout 100 feet away. I will try the planks and jacks first. ....

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-08-27          145065

Kangaroo; Please don't try all the jack and plank stuff, you are going to get hurt. Call a tow truck and let them pull it out correctly without damage to your tractor or worse you getting killed doing all this. Frank. ....

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-08-27          145069

Kangaroo,

Frank is right.

Then again, what doesn't kill you will only make you a better and stronger man.

"We all have to go someday." That's my philosophy on life.

Frank,

If I had called a wrecker every time I've been stuck; I'd be on skid row, living in a cardboard shack.

Joel ....

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
kangaroo31

2007-08-27          145075

HardWood, looks I did everything wrong so for :-(
I did not wait I open a real truck access trail. Right now the tractor cut the mud 6 feet wide trail worse. I don't think regular tow truck can in.
This morning I do try Joel's suggestion. I only have one 2x4 wood on hand, I put it under the loader, it do lift whole front side 6" or so. I think the method should work. But must be very careful.Joel, it is a 2bottom plow attached.

I make a webpage and put all the photos I took this morning. Hope can show the situation clearly. Thanks for all you helping.

http://www.emanoir.com/stuck.htm

Link:   Stuck

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-08-27          145077

Kangaroo,

You're going to need a whole lot more equipment than just a single 2x4. You're stuck pretty good.

Now....it will not be necessary to remove the plow, unless you find that a cable or chain will not clear it. You don't want any chain or cable to get hooked on anything when you attempt to pull. If you can get this tractor out by jacking, all the better.

Start by lifting the front wheels out of the holes, using your loader. You should then fill the holes, and then place heavy planks on the ground beneath your tires.

This should provide you with enough room to get a jack under the frame of your tractor, or on the loader mounting bracket.

DO NOT crawl under your tractor. Do not place your arms or legs in such a way that the tractor can fall on them. Make sure you have a friend available to help keep an eye on things as you are working.

And lastly, you're not stuck as bad as you think. I learned how to get a tractor out of the mud at the age of 11, and from that point on I was on my own. Go about this very carefully, while showing full respect for your tools and tackle, and you'll do fine.

If you feel that you need advice with anything along the way, please stop and come ask. I'll gladly do anything to help you through this.

And may I suggest a good book for your library?

See link below

Joel

Joel ....

Link:   Vehicle Recovery -- courtesy of the U.S. Army

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
kangaroo31

2007-08-27          145078

Thanks Joel, I will be very careful to follow the suggestions you give. Is differential lock will help if ? ....

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-08-27          145080

Kangaroo,

The differential lock would help to prevent you from getting stuck, but once buried in the mud it won't do any good.

Look over the document I posted in my last post, and develop a plan from there. And be careful, please.

Joel ....

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-08-27          145098

kangaroo,

Thank you for posting those pictures and my wife thought I got bogged!

I would think the plow would have to come off, certainly if you are lifting the front end as it would lower the plow into the dirt.

How about a neighbor farmer with a larger tractor or backhoe and a long chain. Very long chain or a heavy truck and winch? I suspect with you on muck dirt you need to make friends with one of those set ups. kt ....

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
kangaroo31

2007-08-27          145100

Thanks, Tompson. My realtor who sold this land will come and take look this Wed. Friends are so important when you have trouble like this. Weather will good next whole week, that is only thing I can feel better. if the mud trail dry, tow tractor or truck will much easy to access. I may try Joel's method first. ....

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
crunch

2007-08-27          145112

This land looks extremely wet and mucky. And it doesn't look like the plow worked too well. Maybe your realtor is not your friend. ....

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-08-27          145113

What kind of tires do you have on that DK40? Maybe you need some rice tires. ....

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
crunch

2007-08-27          145114

Ken, if I'm not mistaken this is in Florida NY. Florida NY is famous for growing onions, probably in drier soil. Where is the oxygen in this soil to grow anything? I am not a farmer - but this does not look good to me. ....

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-08-27          145115

Grow anything? I'm just thinking about flotation :) Do cranberries grow in NY? ....

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
kangaroo31

2007-08-28          145129

Yes, it can grow lots of things if works correctly:-)
It is my fault, too anxious. Just after a heavy raining, I go there to plow. learning lesson. :-( ....

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
kangaroo31

2007-08-29          145205

Joel and other friends, the tractor out of mud today. My agent came. Only took him about 10 minutes use the FEL bucket push back the tractor out of the soft spot. It is amazing to me. Learn a lot. ....

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-08-30          145218

Kangaroo,

Glad to hear you got your tractor out. I was thinking about you and your situation during the past couple of days, while I was away.

Your loader and bucket can be very helpful when you get stuck. In most cases the loader, alone, will be able to get you out of a sticky situation.

Happy to hear that nobody got hurt, and that a valuable experience came out of this.

May I suggest that your first project be a drainage ditch? You're going to need to figure out a way to drain that excess water from your fields. A good dirt scoop will go a long way to help you complete this project.

Now you leave that loader on your tractor when you are working in those low spots......ya hear? hehehe.

See the link below.

Have a great day!

Joel ....

Link:   Dirt Scoop - Reversible

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
kangaroo31

2007-08-30          145221

Joel, good to know this tool can dig ditch. It can attach on the FEL? How it works? If attach back, should less efficient than a middle buster plow. If can modify the head of middle buster plow, should be even better result. In my imagination, Dirt scoop dig a 1000 ft ditch could cost couple days, and countless forward,backward,turn the tractor?
Don't laught at a dummy new "farmer", please. ....

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-08-30          145233

Kangaroo,

The dirt scoop fits on the 3-point hitch, at the rear. You're right......there will be a whole lot of stopping, turning, dumping, and going again. The ditch you make with the dirt scoop will be quite wide, and will last for many, many years.

If you dig a ditch with your middle buster, it will quickly fill in again, especially after a heavy rain. However, it might work very well to help drain any excess water you have right now, which will eliminate the mud, and make your work with the dirt scoop a whole lot easier.

The dirt scoop I posted is just one example. There are many different makes and models. However, you'll want one that is reversible, so that you either pull it, or push it.....whichever method the conditions call for.

Up against the river you'll want to push it, so that your tractor doesn't end up in the drink. Anywhere else, it will probably work best to pull it.

The dirt scoop will create a mostly permanent ditch, about 30 inches wide and about 18 inches deep. If you go that deep, it will seem as though you'll never get done.......but it can be done. It is slow work, especially when shifting gears, but the results will be worth your trouble.

If you need a fairly deep ditch, I would suggest a narrower scoop (24 inches), as you'll move much less soil to accomplish your goal.

Joel ....

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
kangaroo31

2007-08-31          145251

Joel, I saw a person posted the picture I attached. He modify the middle buster to a wider head. He is in AZ sand dirt. I think black dirt may work also. What is your opinion? Thanks, ....

Picture Link
Kioti Tractors Kioti DK40SE Purchased

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-08-31          145256

Kangaroo,

If you attempt to use the same technique, I believe you'll have done nothing but make yourself an anchor for your tractor.

That guy in Arizona has one thing you don't have, and that's traction. Without good traction, you'll never pull that critter.

Even so, this would be a cheap experiment for you. A middle buster would set you back less than 200 bucks. Give it a try. If it doesn't work, you're not out much, yet you'll still have it available for your crop work.

I still think the middle buster might be the first step in draining your excess water, making it possible for you to get in there to work the soil with the plow.

Joel ....

Kioti DK40SE Purchased

View my Photos
kangaroo31

2007-08-31          145259

Thanks, Joel. I need a middle buster anyway.
Other interesting thing I found is 6 line tension fence 15 acre kit. Including every thing except posts. 12.5 guage. <$500. Sounds if I can put a electric battery charger, and posts myself, <1K to control deers.

Link:   

Click Here

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login