Go Bottom Go Bottom

Fluids for Farmpro

View my Photos
gageauto
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-12-20          167591

New to the board so these may seem like dumb questions, but... I just purchased a used Farmpro 2510. Questions are: What are the best type of fluids to use for enginge, transmission and hydraulics? Thanks in advance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Fluids for Farmpro

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-12-20          167592

For year 'round use in CO, I'd recommend
engine oil - any diesel rated 15W40 (my choice is Shell Rotella T)
engine coolant - any SCA type anti-freeze
injection pump - engine oil is fine, I personally use compressor oil
front diff - 80W90 gear oil (must be safe for yellow metals, and non-foaming. Do NOT use UTF)
shuttle box - (if equipped) same as front diff
creeper box - (if equipped) same as front diff
transmission/rear diff - same as front diff
hydraulics/steering - AW32/ISO32 hydraulic fluid (careful not to buy machine oil by mistake, do NOT use UTF)
fuel - #2 diesel (anti-gel formula for winter)

//greg//

Fluids for Farmpro

View my Photos
gageauto

2009-12-20          167599

Thanks Greg. Just want to make sure I get off on the right foot with the tractor. ....

Fluids for Farmpro

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-12-20          167600

If yours is delivered with the original Chinese "fluids", make sure you flush them out adequately before replacing them from that list. For the gear boxes/differentials/hydraulics and injection pump I recommend kerosene. Original fluids also often leave the cooling system rusty, and the engine oil wet. For those areas, an appropriate flush from an auto or truck parts store will suffice. In some cases, 2-3 successive flushings may be necessary to get all the crud out.

//greg// ....

Fluids for Farmpro

View my Photos
auerbach

2009-12-21          167604

You might want to join the Chinese Tractor Owners Association. Your question's answered, but you'll also need a source of filters and, as with all machines, eventually parts. ....

Fluids for Farmpro

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-12-21          167606

If there is an actual dealership involved shouldn't that be part of their prep before delivery to have the correct fluids in the tractor. I wouldn't want a new tractor that came with thw wrong fluids, or are they shipped dry? ....

Fluids for Farmpro

View my Photos
kwschumm

2009-12-21          167607

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwood | view 167606
If there is an actual dealership involved shouldn't that be part of their prep before delivery to have the correct fluids in the tractor. I wouldn't want a new tractor that came with thw wrong fluids, or are they shipped dry?

My old Jinma chipper was shipped with very cruddy looking fluid in the gear box, a weird mix of green and brown that didn't mix together. I wouldn't trust it as fuel for an oil burning heater. ....

Fluids for Farmpro

View my Photos
greg_g

2009-12-21          167620

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwood | view 167606
If there is an actual dealership involved shouldn't that be part of their prep before delivery to have the correct fluids in the tractor. I wouldn't want a new tractor that came with thw wrong fluids, or are they shipped dry?
FarmPro are sold by Homier - the traveling hardware store guys. I don't know what the Chinese put into the tractors before they leave China. But they're filled with pure crap when they get off the boat in Long Beach. I don't know if that's cuz they put in used fluids on their end, or if the fluids get that corrupted in storage and transit.

At any rate, any conscientious dealer will in fact realize this, and drain/flush/refill as part of the "dealer prep". But since FarmPros are basically sold mail order, I don't trust any of that to have taken place. Understand however, my response was based upon a worst case scenario. If the poster notes that all fluids appear to have been recently changed, that's fine. But if there's rust/oil in the anti-freeze, foam in the engine/gear oil, green slime in the hydraulics - then my advice applies.

//greg// ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login