Go Bottom Go Bottom

Pond Design Article

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-24          128197

There is a reasonable article on Pond Design in the latest issue of Compact Equipment Mag. I can scan it if someone is interested.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Pond Design Article

View my Photos
SG8NUC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-24          128198

I would love to see it. ....

Pond Design Article

View my Photos
Peters

2006-04-24          128221

I will put it in an Acrobat PDF file. Do you have Acrobat reader? You can down load it for free. Send me an e-mail and I will send it.

I found the link to the Compact Equipment site see below. ....

Link:   Compact Equipment link

Pond Design Article

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-04-24          128222

yes I have acrobat reader? ....

Pond Design Article

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-04-24          128224

I'd be interested too. Any chance you could scan it and post an URL? I'm on dial-up at home which makes downloading a big pdf painful but I can grab it at work. ....

Pond Design Article

View my Photos
Peters

2006-04-24          128229

Ken;
I searched the article the magazine for the web site, but did not see it until I scanned it. I found the link and the article is on the web site. The link is above. ....

Pond Design Article

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-04-24          128231

Thanks peters,
good article. gave me some new ideas. I have two waterfalls now one is 15'high by 10' wide. the other is 4' high x 10' wide. It was fun to build and fun to watch. ....

Pond Design Article

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-04-24          128234

Thanks Eric! Interesting article. We have a long term plan to put in a pond and it's good to read and digest the effort ahead of time. ....

Pond Design Article

View my Photos
Peters

2006-04-24          128236

I am also think about a third pond. The other two are stock ponds and I am thinking about something for fish and asthetics. ....

Pond Design Article

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-04-24          128238

Ken
How big a pond you expecting to build? ....

Pond Design Article

View my Photos
Peters

2006-04-24          128241

I have a draw that runs in front of the house and down to the edge of the property. I think the whole area has a clay bottom. It could be as large as 2 acres. ....

Pond Design Article

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-04-24          128242

Man now thats what I call a garden pond, natural drainage is the best way to go. Do you have rocks? I had to buy mine. By the time a rock get to Southeast Ga it is sand unless it comes by Truck. My son and I built ours ponds. Digging in red clay involves a lot of elbow grease. best of luck if you need some what not to's let me know. ....

Pond Design Article

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-04-25          128258

SG8, we have no firm plans but are thinking something roughly in the 35-40 foot diameter area. The best place for a pond here is where the septic system is :( We're on top of a hill so our placement options are limited. But my wife wants one and it would be a nice addition. I'd like to draw in more wildlife and that seems like a good way to do it. ....

Pond Design Article

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-04-25          128329

Ken

I was on a 5yr plan to retirement when I started pond manafactureing. I am not in any hurry. Take your time and have fun. Concrete and the use of forms realy help with placement of the rocks and water falls. Dig it deep as your pocket book will allow. When you start let me know. ....

Pond Design Article

View my Photos
Chief

2006-04-25          128340

Eric or Ken,

I would be interested in a copy of that article as well. Can one of you email me a copy? Thanks! ....

Pond Design Article

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-04-26          128349

Eric posted a link to the article in the third post of this thread. ....

Pond Design Article

View my Photos
helgajones
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-05-25          192827

I have a pond at home and it seriously needs some new designs. I hope that you will be able to scan that pond magazine issue. I would really like to see that in order to get some ideas and to be able to start designing. :) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login