Go Bottom Go Bottom

Help my grammer checker is broken

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-11-26          158164

Hit the key and it did not sepll correctly, Hit another key and the, comma was in wrong place. Worked the throttle and out came adjectives and pronouns in black smoke. No power at all.

Even tried adding Webster and it did not clean up. Any suggestions??

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-11-26          158165

Sounds to me like it's getting too much fool, and not enough hot air....... LOL

But what do I know, both of my grandma's have passed away, and I put extra letters in words, like flavour, neighbour, behaviour, demeanour, cheque and saviour.

Maybe the problem is the Webster, he was not only an American, but from Connecticut, and therefore a Yankee to boot, probably has your southern grammer all plugged up. ;)

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-11-26          158167

Certainly some of you have realized by now some of us are not working hard today, nor very serious.

It is good to have a time to think on our blessings. This afternoon have done some of that.

One of the blessings I thank God for is so many really great people here. It is fine if you give me a hard time or what ever for in a way you really will jump right in there and help. At same time realize you are glad it is only with computer keys and not the true mud hole with shovel I can get in and will with the Lords help be working around the next three days. It is my Prayer that each of us will realize how much we have to be thankful for and we will share our appreciation with our loved ones for there is no promise of next week for them or us.

May God fill each of your hearts with his joy and his peace, God Bless you my friends and goodby till Dec. Kenneth Thompson ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-11-26          158170

Gentlemen: It's grammAR. The wiktionary (an authorative source, eh) defines your spelling of grammER:

Misspelling of grammar
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/grammer

View my Photos
Murf

2008-11-27          158178

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwrks | view 158170
Gentlemen: It's grammAR.

Not south of the Mason-Dixon line it's not. LOL

My spelling was absolutely intentional. ;)

Jeff, you don't have the special 'internet' coating on your glasses, you can't see my tongue stuck firmly in my cheek!! LOL

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-11-27          158181

Murf: Whew! For a sec there (or Kenny, is it their?) I was scared (or is it scarred?)--There is a God!

I can picture Kenny with my "internet" glasses reading the above thinking with confuthesed look, "Now boys, I don't see the diff'rence--so whadayallgittin'at? (turning to his lovely wife) "Hon, lemme run dis' pass (or is it past?) you--these Yanks are tellin' me sumthin' I jis can't wrap (or is it rap?) my lil' ol' mine (or is it mind) roun'--house (or is it how's?) dis' soun' ta yu?: I'm scarred (not scared this time) of the boogeyman--dat's rite (or is it right?) ain' it?" Yes Kenny like Murf said if you're sout the line, it would in fact be "scarred" hahahahahaha

View my Photos
Murf

2008-11-27          158183

Jeff, it's funny, the slang and in many cases down-right wrong words are even funnier in print than they are when spoken.

A couple of years ago I got an email from a gal, a USMC MGYSGT (Master Gunnery Sargeant, fairly high-ranking enlisted rank) about a problem I had reported with an aircraft, I had asked her to check with the Maintenance Chief about a minor issue I had with an aircraft.

Obviously upset and embarrassed that the aircraft was found to be in less than perfect condition, her reply to me was that "she would go right over there and axe him, because he was responsible for that aircraft.".

I thought that was pretty tough discipline. LOL LOL LOL

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-11-27          158186

Geez! Talk about corporal punishment! I'll bet he'll never not do that again. ....

View my Photos
cutter

2008-11-28          158206

Some people have difficulty pronouncing their axes :) ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-12-02          158302

Yo! Kenny, you started this thread--where ya been? I know you've been lurking around TP today sooooooo? ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2008-12-02          158303

Hmmmm..... at the bottom of this page is an ad that starts out "Look Good Naked......"

Coulndn't help it. I had to look. Turns out it is an ad for a colon cleanser.

Is Google trying to tell us something here, or are they just responding to Earthworks?

BTW, the blog it goes to had numerous misspelled words like gal blader..... but then again it is a blog written by a female and she certainly wouldn't have a boy bladder..

View my Photos
cutter

2008-12-02          158304

Gosh, it was a Ford truck when I looked. Now I feel cheated :( Perhaps there is a connection? Something to do with gas? ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-12-02          158305

Well the ad was half-right--a colon is part of grammar. Question: if one has a semi-colon would that make them half-assed? ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-12-03          158312

Better than the comedy channel. EW, now you want to tell me my spell check is also broken? :-( I am really heart broken but my tractor is not blue, so neither am I. :) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login