Go Bottom Go Bottom

Drug problem

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-10-02          157003

I rarely pass along any of the many jokes I get emailed on a regular basis, just keeping up with the 'work' emails and such keeps me busy enough, but this one just made my day, it gave me a real smile.

The other day, someone mentioned that they had read that a methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county and he asked me a rhetorical question, "Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?"

I replied "I had a drug problem when I was young!"

I was drug to church on Sunday morning.
I was drug to church for weddings and funerals.
I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.
I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults.
I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher, or if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.
I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profane four-letter word.
I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flower beds and cockleburs out of dad's fields.
I was drug to the homes of family, friends, and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop some firewood; and, if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the woodshed.

Those drugs are still in my veins and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, and think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin and, if today's children had this kind of drug problem, the world would be a better place.

All I could say after reading that was.... AMEN!!!!

Best of luck.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Drug problem

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-10-02          157007

Amen is right. And to think I thought I was the ONLY one that had a drug problem like that. And I gots the rug burns to prove it. ....

Drug problem

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-10-03          157011

Thanks Murf.

After spending just three months in the Army, I called home to tell my Dad how much I appreciated the stern discipline I received at home. Growing up under his firm hand, belt, and "board of education", made the Army seem like child's play.

Joel ....

Drug problem

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-10-03          157013

Agree, Amen and Thank God. I thank him I have two children who are doing the same with their own child (so far only one each). Makes this dad proud. Must say my wife and God did a great job, which I appreciate greatly. kt

Drug problem

View my Photos
randywatson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-10-06          157059

Amen, Murf, I recall those drugs too. ....

Drug problem

View my Photos
cutter

2008-10-19          157363

Great post Murf, says it all and I don't need a government program to fix it. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login