Go Bottom Go Bottom

Ideas for what to do with spare riding mower

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-04-28          141618

Hey guys I have 1991 New Holland rider, 14.5 hp in decent shape. I fixed it up with a brand new engine, new blades, mandrel bearings, battery and gave it to my buddy as a gift who let his wife run over big rocks and bend the deck. He gave it back to me. So, no good deed goes unpunished...

I'm thinking of converting into something else. Don't know what.

I've seen stretched versions (think really long limo) used for carrying a satcked face cord of wood out of the woods (think self propelled firewood rack); and racing versions. I've seen some used as a farm service vehicle complete welder and torches.

Any ideas?

What do you guys think?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-04-29          141620

EW; We went to a county tractor pull a few years ago expecting to see the old two bangers and hopped up "M's" struggle down the track and all stop in the same place. but a couple high dollar pickups with enclosed Featherlites behind, wall to wall chrome, etc., pulled in along side the jalopy pickups and well worn trailers. These pickups weren't filled with cigar chomping pot belly gearheads, the Mrs. almost made me leave. The pickups each held a couple young ladies, the Featherlites each had two "Lawn Mowers" with some kind of small four cylinder engines, they ask if they could pull just for the fun of it, not to compete, all agreed it would be OK. WOWZER could those ladies make the dirt fly. Nobody seemed to know who they were or where they came from, never saw them again. So there you go a couple more mowers, possibly an update in a pickup, a featherlite, and a crew, sounds like more fun than cuting grass all summer. Have a ball. Frank. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-04-29          141622

We have a young fellow in town that his main means of transportation was his lawn mower. Was fine for the most part but this boy stood about 6'3" at 15 and the police didn't take to kindly to seeing their radar gun at 45 when he went by in a thirty zone. Trusty lawn chiefs or anything with a belt drive where he could change the pulleys out worked for him. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-04-29          141644

Art we had a guy in town too, who probably for the reason (DUI and suspended license) was riding his machine as sole transporation. He was pulled over several times and the cops warned him that he drives it on the road he'll get a big ticket. So what he do? Drove across the street and cops nailed him. ....

View my Photos
randywatson

2007-05-02          141724

I think every town has a mower rider, I pass the VFW daily on the way home from work, there is one parked in the lot every day, guess it's safer than climbing behind the wheel of a car after a few in the bar...

I'd look at converting to a powered wheel barrow, think DR Powerwagon...no use in wasting that power...

The older I get the more I believe, if it cannot be done with a power implement, it cannot be done....:) ....

View my Photos
crunch

2007-05-03          141727

I just saw a garden tractor pull in Salt Point NY last weekend. It seems there is no limit to what you can do with your mower. Chrome it up, add a stack, add a motorcycle engine, big rear wheels, etc. It was fun to see. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-05-03          141730

EW, and what makes you think he "let her run over big rocks"? Sure it was not him rather than rocks?

How about a grill? Never have seen self powered one but...hey you could do it. Just keep the fire from the gas. Or replace the engine with propane one.

Other ideas...how about hooking up a generator on it to move around for power as you may need it...log splitter...sprayer for lawns...pressure washer. kt

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-05-03          141732

You could use it to make extra income. How about mounting an icebox to the back, add some blaring music, and turning it into a popsicle mower? ....

View my Photos
Murf

2007-05-03          141734

Maybe the wife is smarter than she was given credit for.... she doesn't have to mow the lawn anymore...... ;)

I don't know about Jeff, but I have enough on my to do list already, I'd fix it up, just the basics, sell it and spend the cash on something else more fun.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2007-05-03          141741

Murf made a good suggestion. Another suggestion is, it would make a nice piece of "Hillbillie Art". The seat or hood can be converted into a flower pot(s) for petunia's or weeds! ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-05-03          141751

Worst "Hillbilly Art" I ever saw was in a small town nearby, rigth at the curb on the "Main Drag". Old toilet, flowers in the bowl and tank, with two probably two by three ft. US flags with the poles rooted in the tank about five ft. tall in a Vee patern. That was probably the most repusive show of "Patriotism " I ever saw. Thank God it is gone now. Frank. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2007-05-03          141753

Used to be something like that near here too. Except it incorporated a mailbox too.

Snow plow driver got it one winter.

Took him six tries mind you, but he finally got it. ;)

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-05-03          141755

EW, you combine the ideas...put a toilet on it for the seat, heat hotdogs on the engine for sale to go with the ice cream in the box you installed. All with a flag on it and you in the parade...please post pictures. Don't forget the flowers! Then you could run in circles to match the Shriners in the Parade (please not throwing off at them). kt ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login