Go Bottom Go Bottom

Lost a friend and business partner this weekend

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-11-07          136702

Gene was an energetic and ambitious person with a real zest for life. He always said that he had a need for speed. He had lots of cars!!

He was going to partially retire after the first of the year at 65. He had unbelieveable energy and involved in so many business interests most couldn't keep up with his daily activities. Even with his level of wealth, he was a down to earth guy that was very charitable, kind and considerate.

Over the weekend he was taking down a wind mill at a neighboring farm and planning to move it over to his place near his pond.

After moderate work, he complained of stomach pain that subsided and then returned 5 minutes later and in an instant he was gone. No tell tale signs of anything wrong but found to have two blocked arteries.

I've lost over half a dozen friends that way in the past few years. A couple more just caught it in time. I've spent the last 12 years in an office next door to him, 5 days a week and more. He is going to be sadly missed by me and all that knew him. This one has hit me real, real hard!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-11-07          136704

Sorry for the loss. It sounds like he died doing something he enjoyed and that is fortunate. He sounds like he was a very interesting person to be around and had some interesting talents as well as hobbies. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-11-07          136705

My condolences to you and his family, Yooper. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-11-07          136708

Sorry to hear about that yooper. Losing a friend is always a kick in the gut that hurts for a long time. It sure makes a guy think about his own mortality and gives a newfound perspective on what's important and what is not. ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-11-07          136715

Sorry for you loss our prayers will be with him and his family. It is very tough to lose a friend and co-worker. I wish you the best. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2006-11-07          136720

When you loose a close friend sometimes it is difficult to grieve and get moving again. Like most I have been through it a few times. Lost a girl friend in college who was at school in CA and a couple of friends in a plane accident the same week. It took a very long time to recover. We will be thinking and praying for you. ....

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-11-08          136724

Sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers ar with you and your friend. I just learned yesterday of a good friends mother who was found to have a fast moving form of cancer, a real shocker. She and I were both hauling corn to the local elevator a week ago, we visited several times while waiting in line, she semed the picture of health then. Frank. ....

View my Photos
Blueman

2006-11-08          136725

Yooper,
I lost a friend last week. He was 46, only 3 years older than me, and the father of two. He was an avid bowhunter, and was hanging tree stands when he began to have chest pains. Unfortunately, he didn't go see a doctor. I guess we never know when our maker is calling us home, but if we can prolong things for our friends and family by getting things checked out, and possibly putting off the inevitable, we should obligate ourselves to do so.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and his family. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-11-08          136727

YP,
The hurt you feel is in relationship to the importance of the relationship. It speaks well of each of you.

Sadly we often live like we will live for ever, yet we all know one day we each will meet our maker. The variables are when and what we did with our life. God Bless you and his family. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login