Go Bottom Go Bottom

Ammo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-02-02          168354

OK realize this is not BarrelPoint.

Just wondering if handgun ammo is showing up on stores selves especially 380, 32 auto and 357 Mag. I stopped by local Wal Mart about 3 to 5 times a week on the way to work and have not seen any 380 or 32 in weeks. Am seeing 9 MM often there but it does not stay.

But buckshot is now sitting on the shelves in limited supplies.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Ammo

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-02-03          168360

380 is still in very high demand article I just read was that dealers can not keep 380 pistols on the shelves.

Don't know a thing about 32.

357 is avaiable at most gun stores. I have not paid much attention. I shoot 38 special in the j frame.

45 ACP is also just starting to come back up in inventories. I have reduced my shooting a lot since the shortages and price increases. I try to keep 4-5000 rds of handgun ammo and rifle ammo is in kinda short supply also.

You should try google for 380 there are lots of dealers. I have bought from a couple. Also try Cabelas.

Ammo

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-02-03          168364

Harvey do you think it is just people scared of the unknown buying? Then I have bought and shot more handgun since last May than in the last 10 years. ....

Ammo

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-02-03          168367

KT;
You asked Harvey about why people are stocking up on ammo. I can't answer for Harvey, but yes since the new admistration won the election I've probably bought ten times more ammo than I had in the prior ten years combined. I don't have a large collection of high dollar guns, just farmer type sporting guns that would serve me well for personal protection or if the need should come to harvest some game for food use. I really don't want to use them for either of those reasons but as the old saying goes, "When you're up to your butt in alagators it kinda late to think about draining the swamp." Frank. ....

Ammo

View my Photos
harvey

2010-02-03          168373

I think there are several things at play. #1 as Frank said lots of honorable citizens do not trust this DC crowd. #2 so many more people understand that they must take personal responsibility to protect themselves and their families. #3 Lots of us see or believe there will be huge taxes comming on ammo as a way to try a back door to gun control. #4 a few states are trying to something really stupid and put serial # on each bullet and keep records. NY has a fired cartridge requirement costs in the millions for the data base been there for years and has never solved 1 shooting, as I understand it. #5 the concealed carry laws are bringing many women into the fold knowing that a good 380 semi auto levels the playing field when confronted by someone twice their size.

So with all that and 2 wars, there is a strong demand for ammo. My understanding is all plants are running 24/7 trying just to keep up.

There is lots more... but... I'LL START RANTING! ....

Ammo

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-02-04          168374

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey | view 168360
Also try Cabelas.
Not too many sources for my FN FiveSeven. On those occasions the local gun shops actually stock 5.7x28, it's over $30/box. So now I get mine from SportsMan's Guide for $18. See link below.

//greg// ....

Link:   another ammo source

Ammo

View my Photos
cutter

2010-02-04          168377

Thanks for the link ....

Ammo

View my Photos
charlieK
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-02-04          168382

thanks again for the link ;-) ....

Ammo

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-02-10          168498

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieK | view 168382
thanks again for the link ;-)
I'm on the mailing list for this outfit too, but haven't bought from them yet. They're slightly more expensive than Sportsman's Guide, but have an even larger selection. Link is below.

//greg// ....

Link:   Natchez Ammo List

Ammo

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-02-11          168511

There are two other company's that have recommended to me. Have not placed an order with either of them.

Georgia Arms the best I understand offers their own loads and other brands.

http://georgia-arms.com/

This site I really like as they show you real quick what is in stock and quanity.

http://www.luckygunner.com/

Not sure on either of these but have notice some sites shipping gets right pricey. ....

Ammo

View my Photos
candoarms

2010-02-11          168519

Kthompson,

Try the following link.

Joel ....

Link:   AMMOMAN.COM

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login