Go Bottom Go Bottom

A sad example of government waste

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-04-14          162029

This is pretty sad. Hawaiian government wanted two years and $4M to fix a road, some volunteers did it in a week for free.

Link:   Hawaii volunteers fix their own road

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-04-15          162042

It is a good article. I would not be surprised to see the state come in and condem the repairs because they weren't done by the state had no inspectors not done with union labor etc.

I do not dare grab a bucket of coldpatch at work to put in a pot hole in front of my house. The county or someone would sue me if they had any type of a problem for what ever reason.

Our state and county guys can sit in their 6pass trucks all day 5 guys fill 15 pot holes in a day and they feel they have really did a days work. 1 driver 1 supervisor 1 labor 1 traffic and 1 to learn how. IT FREAKIN CRAZY!

I'd be willing to bet in a few more years you'll see 9 pass trucks for state and county. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-04-15          162062

A few years back our city had a day in which volunteers did patch holes. Not sure if there were any "experts" on hand or not. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2009-04-15          162067

Several of the people around my summer place got together and formed a 'roads committee' to plan and do the road maintenance on the publicly owned but not publicly maintained access road that serves our area.

A few years back the Township hired a new law firm to represent them, shortly afterward the head of the roads dept. stopped by with a letter from the new lawyer ordering us to stop working on the road.

The ratepayers association replied a few days later asking since we were paying the same taxes as the people down the road, where it is maintained by the Twp., but not getting road maintenance, school bus pick up, or garbage collection, how much of a tax refund would we be getting and how soon.

About 2 weeks later the roads dept. foreman showed up on a Saturday morning and told us the Twp. would provide us with any materials we needed as long as we would provide the equipment and the labour to do the work ourselves.

Funny that. LOL

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login