Go Bottom Go Bottom

Look what you can do with 20 000 hours of labor

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-01-28          150878

This is very cool, a hand built, scaled down working model of a Ferrari. It has a V12 24 valve engine that starts and runs, working instruments, working gearbox and clutch, lights, and even a working tiny ignition switch with key. It's just like a real car but much, much smaller. If a small enough driver could be found it could be driven just like a real car.

Link:   Working Ferrari model

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-01-30          150951

Kwschumm,

Thanks for the video.

There's an old farmer here who just moved his farmhouse into town. Before they placed the house on the foundation, he had a crew place his lathe and milling machine on the basement floor. The house was then set in place over them. (The next owner of that house will inherit a lathe and a mill. hehehe.)

This guy builds working models of railroad steam engines. The boilers are hand-made. The engines actually work, using steam power. Incredible.

I have no idea where these guys find the motivation to do these things.

Joel ....

View my Photos
Murf

2008-01-30          150961

Joel, I've heard similar tales of putting stuff in the basement before the house was built, or in this case placed, above it, or things built down there that were larger than the openings.

A guy my Dad knew built an airplane in his basement, everybody including his wife thought he was nuts, but he persevered. Everybody told him he would never be able to get it out when it was done.

Several years later when the plane was finished he brought in a backhoe and dug a big hole behind the house and had a company saw a 6' wide opening for a sliding door in the wall, creating a walk-out basement.

He still enjoys both flying that plane, and his walk-out basement to this day.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login